Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (181 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
And to think that I loved it... but I suppose I like that sort of quirky, whimsical stuff. :boh:
A bit too silly for my taste, my ex would have loved it. The Japanese singer just managed to annoy me from the get go. Such a punchable face, that guy :D It had it's funny moments though.

Now The Forbidden Room seems to be more down my alley. Checking that one next... If I can stream it somewhere.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have no idea what you guys had against Sicario. Found to be good, last half hour fantastic. In overall good little piece about demons and monsters and the endless cycle and justification they have going after another. Del Torro's unraveling was worth it alone to see.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I have no idea what you guys had against Sicario. Found to be good, last half hour fantastic. In overall good little piece about demons and monsters and the endless cycle and justification they have going after another. Del Torro's unraveling was worth it alone to see.
Osman ftw!

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Yes way. Although it looks more like a 480 than a true 720. Which is still pretty fucking good. Bear in mind I watch it in a big ass TV so the lesser pixels the lesser quality it shows more.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yes way. Although it looks more like a 480 than a true 720. Which is still pretty fucking good. Bear in mind I watch it in a big ass TV so the lesser pixels the lesser quality it shows.
It has to be an upscaled version of the screener then. I can't think of any explanation to why there should be a 720p stream available.

This is the screener's quality:

Does it look similar?

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
It has to be an upscaled version of the screener then. I can't think of any explanation to why there should be a 720p stream available.

This is the screener's quality:

Does it look similar?
It has to be an upscaled modified version then. And yes, it does look similar. Still amazing, the !movie had been out for what? A week?

- - - Updated - - -

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
My phone cam is utter shit so bear that in mind. In reality it looks much better than the pic I posted. Alright now I'm really off to continue watching it. Bear fight scene giving me an erection almost :tuttosport:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
The Revenant was fantastic as expect. Amazing picture, acting, plot, scenery, pace, you name it. The Martian was mediocre compared to it.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's filled with symbolism, like the fast moving cloud, the falling star/meteor, the teared down church in the middle of nowhere... I'm sure someone will come up with theories if they haven't already.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The Revenant was fantastic as expect. Amazing picture, acting, plot, scenery, pace, you name it. The Martian was mediocre compared to it.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's filled with symbolism, like the fast moving cloud, the falling star/meteor, the teared down church in the middle of nowhere... I'm sure someone will come up with theories if they haven't already.
troof

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Caught Spotlight. What a great film. Fantastic cast (Keaton, Ruffalo, Schreiber, McAdams, Slattery), well paced, and just the right amount of details without it becoming an exhausting watch. I would recommend it

Probably would be in my top 5 of 2015

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
The Hateful Eight - Perhaps Tarantino's most mature work - even if there are still plenty of Tarantino gore and over-the-top dialogue. Really enjoyable if you like Tarantino, but unfortunately the second half is a bit of a letdown. A few plot-holes and some odd artistic choices. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth watching in 70 mm. Pretty cool with an overture as well. Morricone is the shit.

Youth - Almost seems like a The Great Beauty light. Sorrentino is always worth watching, but it didn't blow me away as I hoped it would. Despite that, it still leaves an impression, and I'm surely going to think about this quite a bit for the next few days.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The Hateful Eight - Perhaps Tarantino's most mature work - even if there are still plenty of Tarantino gore and over-the-top dialogue. Really enjoyable if you like Tarantino, but unfortunately the second half is a bit of a letdown. A few plot-holes and some odd artistic choices. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth watching in 70 mm. Pretty cool with an overture as well. Morricone is the shit.

Youth - Almost seems like a The Great Beauty light. Sorrentino is always worth watching, but it didn't blow me away as I hoped it would. Despite that, it still leaves an impression, and I'm surely going to think about this quite a bit for the next few days.
Like what?

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I'll retract my statement. :D I thought it over, and there were a few things I considered plot-holes that actually turned out to have good explanations.

Still, there are a few things that, while they may not be plot-holes, are really illogical.
The whole incident following Tatum's nut-shot. It makes absolutely no sense for him to stay down there. Either he shoot some more from the basement or he get up before they're able to regroup. Staying down and eventually surrendering is just idiotic.

And how they were so sure Kurt Russell and Jennifer Jason Leigh were going to stop by Minnie's haberdashery? Sure, there was a blizzard coming, but it was quite sudden. Knowing they would end up at Minnie's seems pretty convenient.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

These were exactly my thoughts. It was just missing something The Great Beauty possessed. I had a hard time putting my finger on it... Gravitas perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

found one of my dad‘s old VHS cassettes in the basement :touched:
still remember watching it as a kid..."The Asylum" WHO?

so bad :lol::touched: @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18090" target="_blank">Post Ironic</a>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)