Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (99 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'll retract my statement. :D I thought it over, and there were a few things I considered plot-holes that actually turned out to have good explanations.

Still, there are a few things that, while they may not be plot-holes, are really illogical.
The whole incident following Tatum's nut-shot. It makes absolutely no sense for him to stay down there. Either he shoot some more from the basement or he get up before they're able to regroup. Staying down and eventually surrendering is just idiotic.

And how they were so sure Kurt Russell and Jennifer Jason Leigh were going to stop by Minnie's haberdashery? Sure, there was a blizzard coming, but it was quite sudden. Knowing they would end up at Minnie's seems pretty convenient.
I think the plan was never for Tatum to shoot from the basement. The plan was that they will all eventually be poisoned by the coffee. If I remember correctly, everyone had a cup of coffee in front of them. Boyd Crowder and Jackson got a bit lucky, so Tatum had to improvise.

The other point I agree with. I assumed that Minnie's was kinda the "go to" place there, as it seemed popular enough for them, but yeah, too convenient.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I think the plan was never for Tatum to shoot from the basement. The plan was that they will all eventually be poisoned by the coffee. If I remember correctly, everyone had a cup of coffee in front of them. Boyd Crowder and Jackson got a bit lucky, so Tatum had to improvise.

The other point I agree with. I assumed that Minnie's was kinda the "go to" place there, as it seemed popular enough for them, but yeah, too convenient.
Their original plan was to kill them in their sleep. That seems stupid too though. Would have made more sense if their plan was to just kill Kurt Russell right away. But plans were changed because Goggins and Jackson turned up as well. But yeah, the shot from the cellar was improvised. It just seems stupid that Tatum stayed quiet down there afterwards.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Their original plan was to kill them in their sleep. That seems stupid too though. Would have made more sense if their plan was to just kill Kurt Russell right away. But plans were changed because Goggins and Jackson turned up as well. But yeah, the shot from the cellar was improvised. It just seems stupid that Tatum stayed quiet down there afterwards.
Tough crowd.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes, long time ago when it was new, first season good, second one inconsistent I recall. Didn't finish it (one female character that's so annoying that it made me stop). Liked main character tho, kinda savvy analytical kid. I thought it would be just another typical mecha, but it was decent somewhat political conflict storyline.

Why you mention in this thread, there is a movie now?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
22 more days til I see it on cinema.

Somehow doesnt feel like I should pirate it and see it on small screen, even if my 55inch hyper HD TV isnt exactly small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)