Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (180 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't think The Revenant was bad. Not at all. It was very good. I'm just disappointed that they veered so far off "true" story, which was incredible already, and itself filled with exaggeration. The fact they thought it necessary to set up the silly revenge fight at the end made the ending very poor in my opinion and the reported historical ending of him catching up to both of them and having to overcome his urge for vengeance and forgive them would have been much more powerful in my opinion.

Regardless, Leo was amazing, and the film itself was gorgeous.
In defense of the film. The trailer played today and they to claim the film is "inspired by true events". :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 8, 2015
all those movies have good SCR out there

Carol
Spotlight
Brooklyn
Room
Joy
Trumbo
Suffragette
Spectre
Legend
In the heart of the sea
The Danish girl
Bridge of spies
Concussion
The Revenant
Creed
The hateful eight

gotta love oscar time

Have you watched Legend voller ?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't think The Revenant was bad. Not at all. It was very good. I'm just disappointed that they veered so far off "true" story, which was incredible already, and itself filled with exaggeration. The fact they thought it necessary to set up the silly revenge fight at the end made the ending very poor in my opinion and the reported historical ending of him catching up to both of them and having to overcome his urge for vengeance and forgive them would have been much more powerful in my opinion.

Regardless, Leo was amazing, and the film itself was gorgeous.

Haven't seen Hateful Eight yet... Worth checking out at the cinema?
:tup:

I'm not a Tarantino fan myself but I think this one deserves a credit. I might have exaggerated when I said absolutely great :D but it was surely very good and imo worth watching in the cinema. Almost 3 hours long while majority of the movie was inside one room and it wasn't boring one bit? That's a success in my books.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Dule watched it in bad quality online.
Bad? The quality is pretty damn decent, both audio and video. It ain't bluray but it's above average quality surely.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Perks of being a wallflower.

Utterly fantastic emotional journey. Really suprised me, not what I was expecting. Few genuine gut punches that make you forget you watching a movie.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I know but its how betting works. You have favorites and you have underdogs. I just don't see any other proper candidates and given the fact that he has been robbed on several occasions so far it might be his year..
The only thing suggesting that he's going to win so far is his SAG nomination and the fact that people think he's overdue. We really have no idea if the Oscar academy feels the same way. I mean, sure, he's the favorite, but there are too many unknowns at this point. Fassbender could win.

And no way he has been robbed on several occasions. That's just the way the internet portrays it because he's the most popular actor in the world and people don't watch all the other nominated actors' performances.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The only thing suggesting that he's going to win so far is his SAG nomination and the fact that people think he's overdue. We really have no idea if the Oscar academy feels the same way. I mean, sure, he's the favorite, but there are too many unknowns at this point. Fassbender could win.

And no way he has been robbed on several occasions. That's just the way the internet portrays it because he's the most popular actor in the world and people don't watch all the other nominated actors' performances.
:heart:

I wish Hardy wins something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 177)