Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (124 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Star Wars:

Echo what the rest said. Loved the first half of it (great new characters IMO), and story of good vs evil is allways gonna be predictable, but I litterally saw first original movie with its deathstar plot two days ago at work (lol), and a bot being bringer of secrets accidently meeting noob hero/heroine, I know its 30+ years inbetween, but this part being retold almost completely the same was bit less fun.

But all in all good, except for the poorly way the rushed ended was done, all the blowing up the death star...excuse me the 10 times larger then thats planet based death star...Scott Isaac was used for this? Weakest part of the movie. Also how lightsaber fight was finalized, not because she won, even if it felt forced, Kylo Ren still seemed like a capable but still junior level conflicted dark force character, as in he was litterally doubting if he had enough darkness in him, doubt enough to be flawed/weaker. He was even suggesting to train her instead of finishing her off, Vader level he aint. But more of the complaint is even if the choreo itself of the fights was fine, it was off because it lacked tension and enough urgency, felt boring. Hopefully in coming two movies it will be better, when both characters are more ready to go at it for real.

Also, I'm more of a background/continuation kinda freak, do you guys know any good books to recommend as build up for the movie/these events? Like something to kinda fill the void of the 30 years in this world. Dont suggest the games, they kinda old by now, Kotor ones

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It was the second best sci-fi movie starring both Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson of the year. :p
It was Star Wars level Star Wars. Let's be honest here, even the original films were more cool than cinematically great. Everyone took a big dump on them too when they came out.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It was Star Wars level Star Wars. Let's be honest here, even the original films were more cool than cinematically great. Everyone took a big dump on them too when they came out.
As I said earlier, I liked the new Star Wars movie. My quote says more about Ex-Machina than The Force Awakens. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As I said earlier, I liked the new Star Wars movie. My quote says more about Ex-Machina than The Force Awakens. :D
Ex-Machina was fucking awesome. But I wonder if the Danish Girl will be better. If so, then why would you make 2 movies about playing dress up in the same year?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Star Wars:

Echo what the rest said. Loved the first half of it (great new characters IMO), and story of good vs evil is allways gonna be predictable, but I litterally saw first original movie with its deathstar plot two days ago at work (lol), and a bot being bringer of secrets accidently meeting noob hero/heroine, I know its 30+ years inbetween, but this part being retold almost completely the same was bit less fun.

But all in all good, except for the poorly way the rushed ended was done, all the blowing up the death star...excuse me the 10 times larger then thats planet based death star...Scott Isaac was used for this? Weakest part of the movie. Also how lightsaber fight was finalized, not because she won, even if it felt forced, Kylo Ren still seemed like a capable but still junior level conflicted dark force character, as in he was litterally doubting if he had enough darkness in him, doubt enough to be flawed/weaker. He was even suggesting to train her instead of finishing her off, Vader level he aint. But more of the complaint is even if the choreo itself of the fights was fine, it was off because it lacked tension and enough urgency, felt boring. Hopefully in coming two movies it will be better, when both characters are more ready to go at it for real.

Also, I'm more of a background/continuation kinda freak, do you guys know any good books to recommend as build up for the movie/these events? Like something to kinda fill the void of the 30 years in this world. Dont suggest the games, they kinda old by now, Kotor ones
how the fuck was she able to beat a guy who sliced through a bunch of trained padawans. The moment where she closed her eyes and remembered litterally the only thing she had heard of the force was badass level cringe

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah agreed to a point, they were bit inconsistent in how strong or unfinished / not fully trained arrogant /doubtful force user / dark jedi Kylo Ren was supposed to be. Its like he couldnt use his force powers and still use lightsaber, but mainly his attitude, didnt feel like he was all in, was babbling about wanting to train her and suggesting the force idea to her even...

Also bit curious what her back story is gonna be like, maybe something that explains the sudden elevated saiyan awakening. Her heritage and mysterious parents plot will be huge, would be too easy if she was a Skywalker aka his daughter (Luke didnt react like it at end), but somehow related for sure. Maybe a surviving very very young but high potential member of the Jedi academy that was slaughtered by Kylo Ren, were too young to remember, or memory wiped, however they would explain it, it would explain somewhat why she needed to be dumped in a desert planet, holding hands with a figure that sounded like the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
ive twisted and turned the movie to make sense of this, as it really messed up the ending for me. Ren is using his force powers to torture earlier in the movie and even if she was Lukes kin, Luke who was a prodigy took intensive training by Yoda to master it. She hears one word of the force, is reminded and all of a sudden she bitchslaps a trained sith (regardless of training, he holds a rank higher than the general of the new order (which is a superlame successor to the empire. I did nazi that coming)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)