Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (30 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The Aviator was a good movie but never really felt like he could win the Oscar with a performance he put or better to say the role wasnt challenging enough, didnt require transformation as seen in plenty of other movies over the years that have won THE award. He arguably had more challenging role in Revenant, spent half a movie crawling around in unbearable weather conditions, that tested his survival skills far and beyond. Hollywood simply have always loved these kind of movies and would make sure these would get proper credits. Could be wrong but it all points out that he could finally get deserved credit.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Hardy performance was worthy of best supporting actor imo.

Not sure this was Leo's best performance but regardless I hope he finally wins one

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Watched Creed and thought it was very average. Only character I liked was Stallone and he wasn't anything special in it.

Hateful Eight was good but not great. I was entertained and it was worth the watch. I just feel there was more memorable performances in Django Unchained.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The only thing suggesting that he's going to win so far is his SAG nomination and the fact that people think he's overdue. We really have no idea if the Oscar academy feels the same way. I mean, sure, he's the favorite, but there are too many unknowns at this point. Fassbender could win.

And no way he has been robbed on several occasions. That's just the way the internet portrays it because he's the most popular actor in the world and people don't watch all the other nominated actors' performances.
:agree:

Definitely has not been robbed. It's pretty rare that an actor puts on a performance that so obviously eclipses the field that one could say they were robbed if they don't win. There are a lot of very good acting performances each year, and it's mostly a toss-up as to who wins. Anyone nominated, and often a few omitted are equally deserving of the recognition.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Watched the Deadpool trailers.
The only superhero movie I ever was excited about was Green Lantern and we know what happened. So it better deliver. They trailers are fantastic- I'm excited for a second time

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Hardy, Leo and Jake will all win an oscar at some point im sure. Im yet to see The Revenant so cant comment on wether i think Leo deserves it this year or not but Fassbender playing Steve Jobs feels like pure Oscar bait so it will most likely be between them two.

Who else are favourites and what films are potential best pictures i havent gotten excited for this season at all. Last year was great so many good movies and performances.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Hardy, Leo and Jake will all win an oscar at some point im sure. Im yet to see The Revenant so cant comment on wether i think Leo deserves it this year or not but Fassbender playing Steve Jobs feels like pure Oscar bait so it will most likely be between them two.

Who else are favourites and what films are potential best pictures i havent gotten excited for this season at all. Last year was great so many good movies and performances.
These movies will probably be among the 5-10 nominated movies for Best Picture. Spotlight will probably win.

The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Carol
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight
Steve Jobs

Alternatives:
Beasts of No Nation
Creed
The Hateful Eight
Inside Out
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Straight Outta Compton

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
These movies will probably be among the 5-10 nominated movies for Best Picture. Spotlight will probably win.

The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Carol
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight
Steve Jobs

Alternatives:
Beasts of No Nation
Creed
The Hateful Eight
Inside Out
Straight Outta Compton
Is Spotlight any good?

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Watched Bridge of Spies yesterday. Pretty good, I liked it.
You didn't find it it to be a bit dull? It's not exactly a nerve-wracking cold war thriller, that's for sure. Hanks as the righteous patriot with a perfect family didn't make it better. :p

You seen Sicario yet? I'm pretty sure it's out in good quality.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You didn't find it it to be a bit dull? It's not exactly a nerve-wracking cold war thriller, that's for sure. Hanks as the righteous patriot with a perfect family didn't make it better. :p

You seen Sicario yet? I'm pretty sure it's out in good quality.
A bit, yeah. I liked it but it's nothing special really. Still, I think it's worth watching considering how much other movies suck.

Nope, been delaying it for a while. Is it good? Wanted to watch Jaws tonight, haven't decided yet :p

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
A bit, yeah. I liked it but it's nothing special really. Still, I think it's worth watching considering how much other movies suck.

Nope, been delaying it for a while. Is it good? Wanted to watch Jaws tonight, haven't decided yet :p
Yeah, I liked it a lot. It has some flaws, but it also has some of the best scenes of any movie this year. Well, at least I think so. But Jaws is great too. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

The Big Short
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Carol
The Martian
The Revenant
Room
Spotlight
Steve Jobs

Alternatives:
Beasts of No Nation
Creed
The Hateful Eight
Inside Out
Straight Outta Compton
Any of these out in good quality you think?

I seen the older ones (compton, mad max, beast of no nation) and ofcourse Star wars thats already out. Wait you think it has chance to be nominated? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)