Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (53 Viewers)

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I saw End Of The Tour. I was a little skeptical with Jason Segel as David Foster Wallace but he genuinely did a good job. I enjoyed the film overall. Definitely an interesting insight into a fantastic writer who like most great minds was a deeply flawed individual.

Also, I'd recommend Infinite Jest too. Fantastic book

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm quite interested to see this film as well. Could be really good. Could be terrible.

Btw, you recommended Gravity's rainbow right?

I cant find it any bookstore I checked (in 3 cities here). Weird. One of them said its not in print anymore? which sounded odd and not entirely truthful.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I saw End Of The Tour. I was a little skeptical with Jason Segel as David Foster Wallace but he genuinely did a good job. I enjoyed the film overall. Definitely an interesting insight into a fantastic writer who like most great minds was a deeply floored individual.

:tup:

I'm going to watch it at some point this weekend. Infinite Jest has long been a favourite of mine. Right below Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow and Against the Day, William H. Gass' The Tunnel, and Peter Nadas' Parallel Stories as far as lengthy masterpieces go.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks interesting. While watching I was wondering when they were gonna name drop Moby dick.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, you recommended Gravity's rainbow right?

I cant find it any bookstore I checked (in 3 cities here). Weird. One of them said its not in print anymore? which sounded odd and not entirely truthful.
I did. That's pretty strange. I'm pretty sure the 2006 printing by Penguin Classics is still in stock on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Chapters. I'm not a big fan of buying from the big online booksellers though, so... I just checked my local independent bookstore, and they have it available to order.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I'm not big on online booksellers either, will see if my fav book peddler can get ahold of this one next time I have time to go there (prolly gonna be annoyed at me if this turns out to be a book she recommended to me throughout the years that I ignored/forgot about).

Prolly gonna watch this tonight:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I saw End Of The Tour. I was a little skeptical with Jason Segel as David Foster Wallace but he genuinely did a good job. I enjoyed the film overall. Definitely an interesting insight into a fantastic writer who like most great minds was a deeply flawed individual.

:tup:

I'm going to watch it at some point this weekend. Infinite Jest has long been a favourite of mine. Right below Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow and Against the Day, William H. Gass' The Tunnel, and Peter Nadas' Parallel Stories as far as lengthy masterpieces go.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I did. That's pretty strange. I'm pretty sure the 2006 printing by Penguin Classics is still in stock on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Chapters. I'm not a big fan of buying from the big online booksellers though, so... I just checked my local independent bookstore, and they have it available to order.
never read it but if PI endorses it i'll prolly give it a try

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)