Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (27 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@CrimsonianKing

Did you see in that article Swag posted that MUBI has gotten exclusive streaming rights to Paul Thomas Anderson's Junun about Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood's tour across India?

It also appears that it got its hands on the rights for the three part (6 hour) Portuguese film Arabian Nights. I saw this one, all three parts, at VIFF. Fascinating film, very ambitious. I'd give it a 7/10, mostly because certain parts of it didn't quite live up to the quality of the rest, but the better bits, they're fantastic.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Coen Brothers been watching too much Wes Anderson lately. :D
Which isnt a bad thing. Looks great.

Was looking for something easy to watch last night as i have the flue and consentration levels aren't great. So tried John Wick and really enjoyed it. It had a dark sense of humour that was subtle but gave the movie something special that makes it stand apart from normal shoot em up action flicks.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont know, it has a little of Barton Fink vibe to it, and some of the absurdism of Burn after reading, and Clooney making very "brother where art thou" faces too lol. Movie is missing John Turturro :D

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I think if you're a Coen brothers fan you realise that they don't have any consistent vibe to their movies at all. From Fargo, to Raising Arizona, to Intolerable Cruelty. There is no pattern there

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know, it has a little of Barton Fink vibe to it, and some of the absurdism of Burn after reading, and Clooney making very "brother where art thou" faces too lol. Movie is missing John Turturro :D
:agree: Althrough first time I saw this trailer first thing I thought of was The big Lebowski

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think if you're a Coen brothers fan you realise that they don't have any consistent vibe to their movies at all. From Fargo, to Raising Arizona, to Intolerable Cruelty. There is no pattern there
But yet u think i would be right in saying that you know when a coen movie is a coen movie. Apart from no country for old men they all have a simlar feel about them.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just watched Black Mass. Was somewhere between average and good. Same can be said for Depps performance imo not sure why it is getting so much attention. I think people made their minds up about it before actually seeing the film just because of the trailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)