Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (110 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was quite boringly poor for most of it, ok at best in small doses, and I'm someone who watches ALL superhero/comic movies and finds silver lining entertainment in nearly everything.

It was mostly just a boring sci fi drama build for 80% of it (almost like they forgot they were making a superhero comic story) and just latter half a little of the Fantastic 4 elements to it. Underused the "super" part of it, and very little of the heroism, its origin reboot story, but still could have been done better, quite subpar and bad in overall (zero chemistry, zero engaging characters or story, zero interesting fights/action).

It was the text book example of why marvel should do ALL its comic stories, instead of having some of it spread to Fox and Sony, this is the 2nd time Fox fucks up FF4, and Sony has fucked up spiderman twice (besides first 2 movies over decade ago), and now Spiderman reverted back to Marvel handling his story with their avengers universe. Only good non-Marvel produced marvel superhero story franchise is X-men, and even then it has it flaws.

If you not paying extra for it then see it if you are corious, but it will be unpleasant viewing for you. I regret I didnt see Man from Uncle or Mission impossible 5 instead of this turd.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol sheik I should have listened to you, but I pretty much stopped being cautious because I liked this wave of at worst decent and at best awesome superhero movie wave of past years, made me spoilt for choice, that I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE for a major studio to do such an awful turd of a comic movie as Fox this with this one. Huge lol they spent 120m on it.

Apr 15, 2006
Lol sheik I should have listened to you, but I pretty much stopped being cautious because I liked this wave of at worst decent and at best awesome superhero movie wave of past years, made me spoilt for choice, that I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE for a major studio to do such an awful turd of a comic movie as Fox this with this one. Huge lol they spent 120m on it.
Yea, apparently Fox fucked this whole thing up by intervening and not letting the director do his thing. It's funny cos before the movie came out, I read an article where someone involved with the movie said it'll surprise people. Looks like he was talking about how surprisingly awful the people would find it to be. :D

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
It was quite boringly poor for most of it, ok at best in small doses, and I'm someone who watches ALL superhero/comic movies and finds silver lining entertainment in nearly everything.

It was mostly just a boring sci fi drama build for 80% of it (almost like they forgot they were making a superhero comic story) and just latter half a little of the Fantastic 4 elements to it. Underused the "super" part of it, and very little of the heroism, its origin reboot story, but still could have been done better, quite subpar and bad in overall (zero chemistry, zero engaging characters or story, zero interesting fights/action).

It was the text book example of why marvel should do ALL its comic stories, instead of having some of it spread to Fox and Sony, this is the 2nd time Fox fucks up FF4, and Sony has fucked up spiderman twice (besides first 2 movies over decade ago), and now Spiderman reverted back to Marvel handling his story with their avengers universe. Only good non-Marvel produced marvel superhero story franchise is X-men, and even then it has it flaws.

If you not paying extra for it then see it if you are corious, but it will be unpleasant viewing for you. I regret I didnt see Man from Uncle or Mission impossible 5 instead of this turd.
Fox does great with X-Men though and it was Fox and early X-Men movies who started the comic book movies boom.

Fantastic Four is shit mostly because they just made this movie to retain the rights, with low budget and no big actors. I hope they will one day decide to make it serious. Dr Doom is one of the best comic books villain and he deserves justice.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

This looks interesting :tup:

Fox does great with X-Men though and it was Fox and early X-Men movies who started the comic book movies boom.

Fantastic Four is shit mostly because they just made this movie to retain the rights, with low budget and no big actors. I hope they will one day decide to make it serious. Dr Doom is one of the best comic books villain and he deserves justice.
I dont think it was much issue with the cast and more incredibly dumb and poor script, in overall a project that shot itself in the foot, so I'm not suprised to hear they did it mostly to retain the franchise rights for another decade.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I dont think it was much issue with the cast and more incredibly dumb and poor script, in overall a project that shot itself in the foot, so I'm not suprised to hear they did it mostly to retain the franchise rights for another decade.
Well the cast might be talented but there was 0 star power in it and usually you need some to kickstart (or restart) a franchise.

The FF is a cursed franchise destined to be in constant rights hell :p. It all started in the 90s:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its that from the 90s??? It looks more like 70s camp.

And btw, the two FF4 movies from a decade ago were ALOT better then this one, that says all you need to know about this current one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)