Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (170 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I was about to post this trailer Mohad lol, I been mass texting the trailer to friends all day :p

The actor playing Ice Cube is a rapper, AND Ice Cube's son, talk about casting to a T :D The one who plays Eazy looks like him for sure, not sure about Dre, appearance wise only that is.
I love Eazy E :tuttosport:

been working on my school work all morning listening to him :lol:

I just saw this trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Easiest explanation i'll ever do in my life. Dumb shit sells because the world is full of dumb fuckers and dumb fuckers love dumb shit. ;)
Haters. :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Birdman wasn't innovative. Hitchcock used that one cam trick long ago.
Did anyone say it wasn't done before? :D It was used in Russian Ark (an actual one-shot) too. But I thought Birdman used the technique much better than Rope. The comparison isn't fair since Hitchcock didn't have the same technical possibilities, but the fact that Hitchcock had to zoom in and fill the whole frame with a completely dark object to hide the cut just made it look less effortless than Birdman. In Birdman, the way the camera was pointing at the sky showing a timelapse only to continue without cutting was just something else. :)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'd be really surprised if Birdman doesn't win best camera. All around brilliant movie imo, battles Grand Budapest for best picture of the year*. I do think the ending was too overdrawn, the pacing in the final 35 minutes was a bit of a mess, but excellent performances, and while it wasn't revolutionary, it did seem to stand out from most other movies in my eyes.

*That and Under The Skin, that one was extraordinary in every sense of the word :D

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Did anyone say it wasn't done before? :D It was used in Russian Ark (an actual one-shot) too. But I thought Birdman used the technique much better than Rope. The comparison isn't fair since Hitchcock didn't have the same technical possibilities, but the fact that Hitchcock had to zoom in and fill the whole frame with a completely dark object to hide the cut just made it look less effortless than Birdman. In Birdman, the way the camera was pointing at the sky showing a timelapse only to continue without cutting was just something else. :)
Actually, yes. I heard quite a few people saying how it wasn't done before or that at least they didn't know if it was.

It was good indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be really surprised if Birdman doesn't win best camera. All around brilliant movie imo, battles Grand Budapest for best picture of the year*. I do think the ending was too overdrawn, the pacing in the final 35 minutes was a bit of a mess, but excellent performances, and while it wasn't revolutionary, it did seem to stand out from most other movies in my eyes.

*That and Under The Skin, that one was extraordinary in every sense of the word :D
Under The Skin is easily one my favorite movies of the last decade or so. :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
...and I was under the impression that you and CK had good taste. :shifty:

Johansson, in terms of acting, is a turd. As the phrase goes, you can't polish a turd. She was in the upper echelon of Hollywood turds for this film, but still a turd; it's her ceiling as an actress.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Johansson, in terms of acting, is a turd. As the phrase goes, you can't polish a turd. She was in the upper echelon of Hollywood turds for this film, but still a turd; it's her ceiling as an actress.
:D

I guess we're not gonna agree here...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
This coming from you, it means very little. You think Gone Girl, Interstellar, Enemy, and The Raid 2 were some of the best films of 2014. :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about moronic... :rofl:
I haven't even seen Under the Skin yet, and I'm not a fan of Scarlett Johansson either. Your way of posting, perfectly exemplified by this one, where you feel the need to put down other people's opinion to highlight your own superior taste, is just tiring. I do appreciate you remembering some of my favorite films of 2014 though. :)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I haven't even seen Under the Skin yet, and I'm not a fan of Scarlett Johansson either. Your way of posting, perfectly exemplified by this one, where you feel the need to put down other people's opinion to highlight your own superior taste, is just tiring. I do appreciate you remembering some of my favorite films of 2014 though. :)
...and your thing for calling me "postmoronic" every few days is equally tiring. If you want to call me a moron, I'm going to respond in kind.

Aside from this. I said I think a film is mediocre, and that Scarlett Johansson is a terrible actress. It's my opinion. That is obvious.

The comment about their taste is clearly said in jest, as CK and Ocelot, along with X, Dule, and funnily enough, yourself are the posters in this thread who frequently contribute interesting reviews and discussions of films. And I've clearly shown multiple times in this thread that I am interested in their opinions of films. It's a forum, obviously a little teasing happens here and there.

CK said he thought most of David Lynch was shit, when I was saying how much I liked him. I didn't call him a moron for it.

SO kindly fuck off.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haven't seen under the skin, but alluding that Scarlett Johansson is limited or questionable actress is hardly worth stopping the presses for. If anything it's mild, have few okish wooden performances as her best stuff, rest is entirely relied on her so called sex appeal star power / charisma.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Shut up, hispter.

- - - Updated - - -

...and your thing for calling me "postmoronic" every few days is equally tiring. If you want to call me a moron, I'm going to respond in kind.

Aside from this. I said I think a film is mediocre, and that Scarlett Johansson is a terrible actress. It's my opinion. That is obvious.

The comment about their taste is clearly said in jest, as CK and Ocelot, along with X, Dule, and funnily enough, yourself are the posters in this thread who frequently contribute interesting reviews and discussions of films. And I've clearly shown multiple times in this thread that I am interested in their opinions of films. It's a forum, obviously a little teasing happens here and there.

CK said he thought most of David Lynch was shit, when I was saying how much I liked him. I didn't call him a moron for it.

SO kindly fuck off.
Because you know i'd put you in your place, hipster.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen under the skin, but alluding that Scarlett Johansson is limited or questionable actress is hardly worth stopping the presses for. If anything it's mild, have few okish wooden performances as her best stuff, rest is entirely relied on her so called sex appeal star power / charisma.
There's no buts. Watch the movie. Prejudging is dumb. Matthew McConaughey used to be a shit actor worth of shitty comedy/romance flicks, look what he's become. I'm not saying it's the case but here she did a fine job.

Oh and just a heads up; the movie is not for everyone and i'm not saying this as if that makes me special because i liked it. But that it just isn't for everyone. You either hate it or love it, there's no between.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Haven't seen the movie, judging on her career in overall. She is action movies pinup girl or typical female lead girlfriend kinda A list actress. Very few movies worth remembering for her and her performance imo. Besides lost in translation, and a little for Vicky Barcelona (match point is ok by her too) . Haven't seen under the skin, heard good things, but in general she's a blockbuster star actress that occasionally does indie movies to try to get serious acting cred and failing Imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
BTW Matthew McCounaughey was a good actor starting out either way before going the shirtless for romcoms easy paychecks road. Just started doing better choices again, and not necessarily suddenly improved as an actor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 166)