MOST USELESS GAME EVER [04/18/2009] (11 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #665
    In Spain and Romania it's been done. I don't remember if they did for the chants against Zoro. I don't think so. Verona got one.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Juventus hit with fan ban

Juventus have paid a heavy price for racist chants directed at Mario Balotelli during the Derby d'Italia.

Balotelli was jeered by large sections of the Stadio Olimpico crowd during Saturday evening's 1-1 draw.

However, a small number of fans took things further and hurled racial abuse at the Italy Under-21 international.

Sporting judge Gianpaolo Tosel has taken a hard line as Italy continues to try and tackle racism and has imposed a game behind closed doors for Juve.

The game in question will be the fixture with relegation strugglers Lecce on May 3.

While the decision will be applauded by many as a measure against racism in calcio, it may prove controversial.

Balotelli has reported racist abuse from several sets of fans this season but the clubs in question have only received fines.

channel4.com

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Racist chants are stupid. Juve's just unlucky, if they had been the first to chant racism at a game they probably would get only a fine. Because it's the end of the season and several other clubs have been fined and warned, they get a 1 game ban. Not fair, but not really over the top. Serie A really needs to take a look at this in the off season and apply stricter sanctions. I firmly think fans that bring that tripe to the matches should be banned for life. A one game fan ban for clubs ought to be standard in this case.

Jul 2, 2006

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Does this mean that the Zlatan zingaro chant is not racist? Because it's chanted in every game, without consequences.
    Most of the league agrees with Zlatan zingaro.:D

Making monkey chants or whatever at a black player is a pretty terrible thing to do. It's non-defensible no matter who does it, Juve, Real Madrid or DC United. That crap has no place in football.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
    Most of the league agrees with Zlatan zingaro.:D
    :D

That's actually the only logical conclusion. If the racist chants, banners and monkey noises result in a fine or a ban, but the zingaro chant is not dealt with, it means that they don't consider it racist.

Mar 30, 2006
    haha. I agree with appealing. if it is true that other fans have done the same but been punished with less. Why does Juventus always have to be the new benchmark in punishments? The club should defend itself whether the actions of its fans are wrong (in this case super wrong) or not. They would be spineless if they did not appeal.

Sep 1, 2002
    Appeal: they should be at the vanguard of tackling this infestation, by not only welcoming the ban, but tracking down the racist and banning them for life.

Juventus does not want to be the same as many other Italian teams but better, the best. Their fan-base crosses many boarders, many creeds, many races, millions follow them, and so they must be seen to act now.

It has long been a joy to go to a Juve match with many families and friends, only at times marred by visiting fans, such as Inter, and that must continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)