MOST USELESS GAME EVER [04/18/2009] (1 Viewer)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
(ANSA) - Milan, April 22 - Inter Milan boss Jose' Mourinho on Wednesday took Juventus's side over the Turin club's claim it had been singled out for punishment after racist chants against Inter striker Mario Balotelli.

Mourinho said similar chants had been heard ''in many stadiums, including our own''.

In Balotelli's case, he said the Juve fans ''weren't displaying racism but an ignorant form of protest against someone who's just scored against you''. ''Italy isn't a racist country and Italian soccer isn't either''.

Juve are appealing a one-match stadium ban that will mean it plays its next home game, against Lecce on May 3, behind closed doors.

The club argues the measure will unfairly disrupt its Serie A run-in where it is fighting to keep second place.

Inter are ten points clear of Milan and Juve after Saturday's 1-1 draw in Turin, where Balotelli, a Ghanaian Italian, scored the opener.
mou not sure if it has been posted.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lippi takes Juventus' side

Italy boss Marcello Lippi believes Inter hitman Mario Balotelli wasn't the victim of racist abuse from the Juventus fans.

The Bianconeri have been ordered to play their May 3 game against Lecce behind closed doors after fans jeered and chanted at Balotelli.

But Juventus' Ultras have claimed that their insults weren't racially motivated and Lippi agrees.

In my opinion the problem is far less serious than it has been reported to be,” Lippi said on Sky Sport Italia.

If it was a racist incident then the fans would have chanted at Sulley Muntari and Patrick Vieira. Turin has never been a racist city.

“I think it was just ignorance and people were looking to offend Mario not related to the colour of his skin
.”

Juve are waiting for the result of an appeal against the fan ban.

channel 4

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ßüякε;1962850 said:
You know they weren't making Monkey Chants, right?

Apparently they were singing, "There is no such thing as a Black Italian..."
i posted that earlier. even seedorf today said that balotelli wasnt racially abused, and that he is infact making his own enemies through his own attitude. i still think our punishment for this is disgusting since a) it wasnt even intended for racism and b) other clubs have faced fines for the same if not worse offence. Double standards and yet again we're being made an example of

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)