MOST USELESS GAME EVER [04/18/2009] (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So every Ultra is a racist?
It's not that. How do you suppose to punish the individual other than banning his group? There's no reason to ban all the fans, if it's only a few idiots from some Ultra group shouting the racist chants.

Dole out a ban to Ultras, not forever, a few matches or whatever. Not that's dumb, the one game suspension of all fans probably works best now that I think about it. That way the Ultras at least have some idea that they cost everyone. There's really no way to punish the individual in this case.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I find it remarkably difficult to have a discussion about fan behaviour with a Liverpool fan.
Because I cause such a ruckuss at the matches.:melayyanandmessi:

If Liverpool fans or firms or whatever did the same thing my stance would be exactly the same.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Because I cause such a ruckuss at the matches.:melayyanandmessi:

If Liverpool fans or firms or whatever did the same thing my stance would be exactly the same.
Its nothing against you personally.

What would you have done to punish Liverpool fans after Heysel? Or Hillsborough (yes, I believe the Liverpool fans that went into the ground without tickets played a massive part in what happened)?

Liverpool fans, as a general rule, are very good at blaming everyone but themselves for what happened.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Its nothing against you personally.

What would you have done to punish Liverpool fans after Heysel? Or Hillsborough (yes, I believe the Liverpool fans that went into the ground without tickets played a massive part in what happened)?

Liverpool fans, as a general rule, are very good at blaming everyone but themselves for what happened.
I would have banned us for a substantial amount of time. Granted I am a Liverpool fan I would have accepted the ban.

Before we continue...Perhaps you should scroll up a bit and read where I basically retract my previous statements. I think I was replying to Curr.

I'll paraphrase for you... Basically I say it's dumb to ban everyone but since you cannot punish the individual in these cases, unless you're very lucky. I see the one game "fan suspension" as a good idea. I think I'm more perturbed with the way your board is handling the situation. I can't say I'd be much happier if the Liverpool board took a similar stance.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't see why the authorities don't use CCTV to find the individuals responsible and give them substantial bans instead of banning everyone.

Beyond that, I would fine the clubs if they don't do enough to improve the situation.

Basically, I would exhaust all alternative options before punishing fans who have done nothing wrong.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't see why the authorities don't use CCTV to find the individuals responsible and give them substantial bans instead of banning everyone.

Beyond that, I would fine the clubs if they don't do enough to improve the situation.

Basically, I would exhaust all alternative options before punishing fans who have done nothing wrong.
That has been done and it hasn't really been effective. It's obvious Serie A is making an example. It's just a shame it's Juve.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I mean bigger fines, though, so that the clubs will actually work to control their fans' behaviour when they are in the ground.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I mean bigger fines, though, so that the clubs will actually work to control their fans' behaviour when they are in the ground.
I guess through a couple Euros in the "swear jar" isn't going to have the same effect as throwing several thousand Euros in.

Sep 1, 2002
Whatever went before, and the motives for this one match fan-ban are confined to history. What matters is how does Italin football go on from here?
Juventus (the board) are shaming themselves by appealing, when they should have taken this as an opportunity to be firm and show just how decent their supporters are (on the whole) compared to others.

Once again the board have not got an idea of how to deal with the situation they find themselves in: This would have been a great opportunity to show the world just where Juventus stand in the issue of racism. By their actions it looks as though they are defending racism among the supporters.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Were any of you at the match and actually heard what was jeered? No.

And you can't solve these problems by simply banning Ultras or trying to enforce this stuff via CCTV. Only a minority of Ultras shout racist taunts, most of them provide an amazing atmosphere to the matches, so to ban them outright would destroy Calcio.

All that needs to be done is consistently punish clubs without having double standards. But of course the FIGC can't do that. They're useless.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Ultras to Balotelli: "We're not racist"

The Juventus ultras group Drughi have released a statement explaining why their insults towards Mario Balotelli “were not racism and we won’t apologise.”

The club has been hit by a one-match ban behind closed doors after supporters in the Curva Filadelfia repeatedly hurled racist insults at Inter striker Balotelli during Saturday’s 1-1 draw.

Juve released a statement apologising for this behaviour, but now the Drughi Ultras have issued their own Press release.

“We will not apologise to Balotelli, because the chants against him were a response to his provocation and general attitude on the pitch and not with regards to his origins,” announced the Drughi-Juventus Club Curva Filadelfia.

“This is evident by the fact that his teammates Patrick Vieira and Sulley Muntari were not even jeered at all.

“For years now in almost every stadium Juve are greeted by chants of 'Liverpool, Liverpool’, while the names of (deceased former players) Gaetano Scirea, Riccardo Neri, Alessio Ferramosca and Daniele Fortunato have been used and abused in every conceivable way, yet the media was never indignant about that.

“Racism is nothing to do with this and it was only a way, albeit debatable, to make our opponent lose his concentration,” insisted the Drughi group of fans.

“We would like to point out in our squad is an 'ebony icon’ Momo Sissoko, who we hold in our hearts and are proud that he wears our shirt.

“This is why we do not feel the need to apologise. Juve-Lecce will be played behind closed doors because it had already been decided.

“Instead of a lesson in efficiency and because you cannot warn an entire stadium, the authorities opted for the radical solution.”

channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)