Most under and overrated artists (1 Viewer)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Im a huge music fan...

And then im interested in hearing about your opinions to different artists/groups

Here are the categories im interested in knowing.

- Your 3 most underrated artists/groups.
- Your 3 most overrated artists/groups.
- Your 3 most favorite artists/groups.
- The next bigshot.

I'll start, feel free to disagree :D

P.S My categories are only in Hip Hop.

The 3 most underrated artists
-NAS
-Royca Da 5'9
-Bubba Sparxxx

The 3 most overrated artists
-2pac
-Ja Rule
-Eamon

My 3 most favorite
-Dr. Dre
-Nas
-Eminem

Next Bigshot
-Fabelous

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    baah even a spelling error in the title

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Overrated
    - Eminem
    - Ja Rule
    - 50 Cent
    - Nelly
    - just about any other "star" rapper these days
    says the Hip-hop expert.

Yeah.. and who's the best rapper? Will Smith? :howler:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Bs, I never proclaimed myself to be knowledgable about rap, but I can tell what sucks :p

Actually, more like Public Enemy.. Will is still great though. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Im a huge music fan...

And then im interested in hearing about your opinions to different artists/groups

Here are the categories im interested in knowing.

- Your 3 most underrated artists/groups.
    - Your 3 most overrated artists/groups.
    - Your 3 most favorite artists/groups.
    - The next bigshot.

I'll start, feel free to disagree :D

P.S My categories are only in Hip Hop.

The 3 most underrated artists
    -NAS
    -Royca Da 5'9
    -Bubba Sparxxx

The 3 most overrated artists
    -2pac
    -Ja Rule
    -Eamon

My 3 most favorite
    -Dr. Dre
    -Nas
    -Eminem

Next Bigshot
    -Fabelous
    Fabolous is getting better, much better. I also concur with you that Ja Rule is the most overrated artist ever. He's straight garbage, so is Petey "I can't rap I talk crap" Pablo.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    Eminem is overrated, which doesn't mean he's not the best.

Ja Rule, 50 Cent, just like what Martino said, nearly all the rappers these days are overrated.

The most underated, Shyne......for his first album atleast. It was the best album ever.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Thank you Mr. President for showing us your lack of rap knowledge. :D
    knowledge? what knowledge? He sucks, that's the way I feel about his "work". To be fair (I really don't like giving in to the likes of Tottiboy and Eminem to admit they do anything right ever but so be it.. :lazy: ) he has improved a great deal from the bs that got everyone all excited. real slim shady and co was utter trash. But I see the progression cause doing dumb shit usually gives you a wide audience and then you can play on that later when you move on to actual music.

++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Ja Rule, 50 Cent, just like what Martino said, nearly all the rappers these days are overrated.
    In your face, Majed :p

OP
    Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    2pac IS overrated, but it doesnt make him bad. I just think that people make him bigger than he really is.

His music is good, but considering the amount of songs he released, it doesnt hold the high standard...

Eminem is also kinda overrated, but within music, i think he has acomplished more than 2pac. All ems previous album has been a succes, while only 1 album from tupac is going to be remembered, All Eyez On Me.

Dr. Dre is on the other hand the biggest of them all if you ask me... He has released 2 albums, and both of them are beeing consideret as ELITE of rap.
    And even when he doesnt sing, he produces songs. And almost every song he produces haves a HIT guaranty. He has helped bug names like, Eminem, Snoop, Fifty, Obie and even 2pac.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

Eminem is also kinda overrated, but within music, i think he has acomplished more than 2pac. All ems previous album has been a succes, while only 1 album from tupac is going to be remembered, All Eyez On Me .
    wonder why is that? maybe because back then rap wasnt what is is now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

knowledge? what knowledge? He sucks, that's the way I feel about his "work". To be fair (I really don't like giving in to the likes of Tottiboy and Eminem to admit they do anything right ever but so be it.. :lazy: ) he has improved a great deal from the bs that got everyone all excited. real slim shady and co was utter trash. But I see the progression cause doing dumb shit usually gives you a wide audience and then you can play on that later when you move on to actual music.
    Well, you must not have listened to his earlier albums, because there were so many tracks that were pure genious. Even if you do not like him, you must give credit where it is due, Martino.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Well, you must not have listened to his earlier albums, because there were so many tracks that were pure genious. Even if you do not like him, you must give credit where it is due, Martino.
    If you don't like someone, do you listen extensively to their music? Obviously not, I'm not well informed about his music, I'm just going by what I hear when I happen to hear it on radio, tv, whatever.

I *just* gave him credit, what do you want from me? :D

But if you want me to change your mind, gimme some songs that you think are so great..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)