Most under and overrated artists (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

Dead Kennedys are under-rated. But about all punk music, there are LOADS of talentless people in the scene. Oh trust me.
I know the scene very well too, and I'd still say that punk music in general is very under-rated genre, at least they've got something to say, unlike the pop "musicians" and many rap artists...

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

I know the scene very well too, and I'd still say that punk music in general is very under-rated genre, at least they've got something to say, unlike the pop "musicians" and many rap artists...
I know the scene well enough too. I remember hearing a warm up band when i went to see blink 182, they were punk aswell and were awesome. Have you also ever heard of the thermals? They are underated, and awesome. But for every good underated punk band you get a greenday of today, or a good charlotte ::yuck:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

I know the scene well enough too. I remember hearing a warm up band when i went to see blink 182, they were punk aswell and were awesome. Have you also ever heard of the thermals? They are underated, and awesome. But for every good underated punk band you get a greenday of today, or a good charlotte ::yuck:
I don't count Blink 182, Greenday, Sum 41, Good Charlotte etc. as punk, they're just punch of posers... :yuck: indeed...

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
see what i mean. The people who make it to the top, are automatically overated because you have to be cheap to make it there.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
see what i mean. The people who make it to the top, are automatically overated because you have to be cheap to make it there.
not necessarily, but I agree that most of these "top bands" are cheap indeed. Overated is the word.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I remember the name of the band!!

Motion city Soundtrack!!

They got signed now. Check them out, they are really good :)

You also have to sell out to get to the top, as mainstream doesnt want real punk.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
The people who make it to the top, are automatically overated because you have to be cheap to make it there.
and yeah, I still want to proceed with this discussion. Yeah, there are different ways to make it to the top and stay there, you don't have to sell yourself like Linkin Park :yuck: who made a rap version of their first album... :rolleyes:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
That ruined it. I agree, but i retract my previous statement. Nirvana are a prime example of how you can stay at the top and not be cheap. But then again, there are many punk bads who are at the top with no message (blink, sum etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)