Most under and overrated artists (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Ditto :cool:

BTW, that second part is really flattering. That's some deep shit!

:D
Well maybe its the Captain Morgan's talking and the excessive Killzone playing talking, but people say stuff the usualy mean.:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well maybe its the Captain Morgan's talking and the excessive Killzone playing talking, but people say stuff the usualy mean.:D
I knew that part about respecting a Roma fan was just too much! :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I knew that part about respecting a Roma fan was just too much! :D
You know it Majed. Man its late here, time for anothet shot. Burke is asleep like a little kid, and I am still frinikning. Almost like comparing knwoldedge of football. :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Why has this entire thread bar Josh focused on rap? :D :eek:

Overrated:
U2
The Beatles
Elvis

Underrated:
REM (have had so many classic songs but yet have nothing like U2's reputation)
Phil Collins (again, loads of quality stuff but he's never mentioned in the same light as the likes of MJ, Elton, etc)

I changed the thread title by the way..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Hat_Trick_Playa ] ++
Underated

1.Lil' Wayne
2.Jamie Foxx
3.Will Smith
Will Smith is overrated. I mean cmon there's no way with his talent he deserves that kind of fame, it's the combo of movie star/musician that sells, back when he started he was popular but he didn't have this kind of audience.

Not that it bothers me but...

Martin, you have no rap knowledge. It is rather unfortunate. :D
You're still on that misconception, aren't you? Had you said I have no knowledge history or politics or even classical music (all of which are true!!), you would have one over me. But why would I care about rap? I'm not a fanatic who will study the history and culture and whatnot, I just like some of the songs.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Underrated:
REM (have had so many classic songs but yet have nothing like U2's reputation)
Phil Collins (again, loads of quality stuff but he's never mentioned in the same light as the likes of MJ, Elton, etc)
Which is ironic because Phil totally kicks Elton's ass..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Underrated:

Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Common
De La Soul
Rakim (How the greatest MC of all time is underrated is beyond me, but that seems to be the case)

Overrated

Eminem- Excellent MC, but his penchant for putting out sophmoric songs when he doesn't need to really aggravates the shit out of me.
Pac and Biggie- Not doubting their greatness, but just like Ronald Reagan, they have been made out to be more than they are once they died. Pac, if he were still alive, would have left the rap game by now, and made much more of an impact in society through other means, possibly political. Biggie would still be fucking Lil Kim on the side, so both of these guys would be doing what they would want to do.

Method Man- God, he sucks. Worst Member of Wu Tang Clan

50 Cent- Just because you beat Ja Rule on wax doesn't make you great. Give me a week, and I can beat Ja Rule on wax, too

So overrated that they are now underrated:

Jay-Z
Kanye West

The "I am neither overrated nor underrated because everyone knows I suck to begin with" category

Lil Wayne
Ja Rule
everyone else in D12

Sep 14, 2003
Overated:

All rap/hip-hop; Some people consider it to be poetry or art...
Nirvana
U2

Under-rated:

Roxy Music
Alice In Chains
Can't think of anyone else..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You think Kanye West is overrated Sergio? Kanye has some great rhymes out there, especially in his track "Through the Wire."

No.

What I mean is, people talk him up so much, that a groundswell of negativity comes out just to knock him down, and people then forget how good he is, hence the "So overrated that he's now under-rated."

Regardless, NAS is the best MC on the planet

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
Underrated:
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Common
I'm not really into rap anymore (though I've started listening a bit to it again) but these were probably my favs. You know your stuff Serge.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I thought that more people would have disliked Kanye for the religious aspects he puts in his music. Thankfully not too many have castigated him that much.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003

Sorry, but your opinion is skewed because you're obssesed with the Scarface movie. :D
No definatly not. That is pure coincendence. Trust me, buy his "the fix" album its amazing. The crappest song on the CD is his collab with Jay Z (guess whos back) <- hate that shit!

Eminem is a joke. His songs are aimed at young teen boys and no more. All the 50cents, gunit threesome (or should i say foursome with Tony Yayou :dontcare: ), ludas, nellys, ja rules, etc are crap commercial rap aimed for radio airplay. You know the rest.

I'm not going to mention Nas, becuase he is simply the greatest mastermind in rap. His new album is very good too, not his best. Gangstarr is also very respectable! Talib is great too.

But hey, what do I know about rap? I listen to trance and progressive afterall.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I personally don't get the point to this thread. For example, here are my answers:

- Your 3 most underrated artists/groups.

Three artists you've heard of.

- Your 3 most overrated artists/groups.

Three artists you haven't heard of.

OP
Art^

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60
    sorry mate, but your post dont make sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)