Morientes? (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Nonda, Adebayor and Giuly.
so apart from guily, unknown crapness?;)

just joking, but with that stike force, they are seriously going to struggle!!:eek:

oh well what do i care? just another easy team for juve to beat next term!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

so apart from guily, unknown crapness?;)

just joking, but with that stike force, they are seriously going to struggle!!:eek:

oh well what do i care? just another easy team for juve to beat next term!!
Not that bad of a strikeforce actually. Nonda was the topscorer in the french league last year. Adebayor is a very talented, strong and skillfull prospect. Both pretty usefull.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
it seems that all other teams except chelski, do not have any chance of buying good players this summer. roman wants to buy every player that i thought woulld do well for juve

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Morientes on brink of move

Fernando Morientes has revealed he is close to joining a new club with French sources claiming the Real Madrid striker is on the brink of signing for Chelsea.

The experienced hit-man was the West Londoners' chief tormentor in the UEFA Champions League semi-final but had been expected to return to Real when his loan spell with Monaco expired.

However, the Spanish forward has since hinted at a possible move to London and, despite rumours that his destination could be champions Arsenal, it is believed Chelsea are in pole position to snap up the 28-year-old.

"We are close to a solution," Morientes told L'Equipe. "We can say it is settled at 90 percent.

"I like the project a lot, but the finalisation of the contract can need a little more time.

"So it is possible, meanwhile, from the end of the season, that I will go back to Real Madrid."

Roman Abramovich has reportedly offered a five-year contract to somebody who impressed the Russian owner with his appearances in Europe with a €12 million offer winging its way to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Valencia are potential rivals for Morientes's signature and they could have an Ace up their sleeve if they offer combative captain Roberto Ayala in exchange, but Chelsea appear to be clear favourites.

its a good thing, now we can go for gilardino

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Not that bad of a strikeforce actually. Nonda was the topscorer in the french league last year. Adebayor is a very talented, strong and skillfull prospect. Both pretty usefull.
well yeah but you can't live off the two of them only. either monaco keep their players or make other purchases. or unless they have their club players whom can be upgraded to the first team

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Still, I think we will bring in two strikers--> Gila and an experienced player!
like venom said earlier somewhere, think about this:
DP-Micco-Gila-Vieri
that would be just great!! that's if Vieri would cut his a lot! Big if there...

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Arsenal offered real 23M+Salary of 3M for Morientis, so with moggi i think we better forget about getting him cuz this guy is looking for expired cheap players cuz he still believe that he can sell them for 56M after three seasons

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't believe that for a moment. Arsenal can't afford Trezeguet and they can't afford Morientes. They spent 20m on Reyes in the January transfer market, recently confirmed the signing of Van Persie, and are devoting most of their funds to their new stadium.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Becks and Figo are playing together, but that doesn't mean they're doing so efficiently. Beckham made a good start, but he has faded away big time. No one with any sort of footballing knowledge could tell me that Beckham is playing as well as he did when he was in England.
One ofreasons is that he suits EPL style of game where classy players that were developed in other leauge cant perform good. Other reason is that Quieroz uses him as a DM and not as right-winger...IMO,best in the world in that position.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's the whole point. Figo and Becks were never going to coexist very well because they are both natural right wingers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I don't believe that for a moment. Arsenal can't afford Trezeguet and they can't afford Morientes. They spent 20m on Reyes in the January transfer market, recently confirmed the signing of Van Persie, and are devoting most of their funds to their new stadium.
Exactly. I thought that Arsenal had to cut back on signings because they have huge debts that they still have to pay off. And with this new stadium, I find it hard to believe that there is any money left in the bank.

Romano

May 22, 2004
You guys whant Vieri in Juventus.
Vieri is a old player, and I hope Juventus will not spend much money on him, because Vieri will plan to end his carreer at Juventus I think.
Then second, Morientes is 27/28, has the same age as Del Piero, and they could possibly make a real ''treath'' in the attacking form.
A reason is that Del Piero told the papers that he will ''Give Everything'' to win the Champions League.

And ofcourse, if Morientes does not win the Champions League, he would like revange the next season.

When you look at Chelsea, they are buying so many players, that I think that they will not form a real ''TEAM'', because they have so many players from different countries.
I think Abramovic is making a mistake with this

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Agree....altough.....I saw the best Figo`s performances when he played left-winger for NT...
Seriously? That's hard to believe for me because when on form Figo is the best right winger in the world, even better than Becks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)