Morientes? (3 Viewers)

Alex

May 1, 2004
Stuart remember what people said about Becks... That he and figo couldn't play together but as weve seen Becks moved into centre.

"Raul is capable of playing slightly behind the target man, but no deeper than that" what a load of crap

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Stuart remember what people said about Becks... That he and figo couldn't play together but as weve seen Becks moved into centre.

"Raul is capable of playing slightly behind the target man, but no deeper than that" what a load of crap
Raul is one of the best forwards in the world, but that is the only place where he can play. He is not effective neither as a target man nor as an offensive halfbeck.

As for Becks... he is performing 30% of what he is capable for and what he was doing at Manure.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeap, they are wasting his skill there. Whata crappy deal, for both manu and madrid, well.. leaving apart his shirt sales.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Becks and Figo are playing together, but that doesn't mean they're doing so efficiently. Beckham made a good start, but he has faded away big time. No one with any sort of footballing knowledge could tell me that Beckham is playing as well as he did when he was in England.

As for Raul, I really don't know what to say. You've obviously been watching a different Raul because he's only ever done really well as a forward or a striker. You're the one talking crap.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Ever since Porky arrived Raul has dropped to a deeper position. Sometimes you will see him alongside Zidane. Thats what im talking about.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I know what you're talking about but Raul doesn't play as deep as Zidane and Figo. Like I said earlier, he's slightly behind Ron, playing the role of a support striker, not a playmaker or attacking mid.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah.he's always played as a supporting forward (abit like DP) and drops onto zidane and figo's level occaisionally but doesn't exactly fall back into the middle of the park like they do.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Okay 'coach' may be correct...hehe (i just like to argue sometimes, next time i'll get ya!)

Bet you can't disagree that he's an awesome striker though!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Raul has had an indifferent season, but there's no way I could deny that he's a great player. When on form he's easily one of the best forwards in the modern game, and few support strikers can finish off moves like he does.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Raul has had an indifferent season, but there's no way I could deny that he's a great player. When on form he's easily one of the best forwards in the modern game, and few support strikers can finish off moves like he does.
You gotta love some of those cheeky chips he's pulled off in the past :kiss::lick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)