Moderation (4 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Holy sh*t!!!
WTF is wrong with ya, Gray? 2000 per month, meaning 66 posts per day..... You must spend at least 3-4 hours daily.... :eek:
No, I use Mozilla :)

I also type fairly fast :angel:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The functions that are in Mozilla are such that I can open all the new threads from the past few days within seconds, whereas with Internet Explorer you'd have to open each thread in a new windows, alt+tab back to the window displaying the "new threads" page, and so on and so forth. It takes bloody ages.

Also, when you type a post and get an error like "you're not logged in", or "sorry, the administrator has specified that....:blah: 60 seconds", in IE you'd have to write out the whole post again, whereas with Moz it's waiting there for you to simply click "Post Reply" again ;)

I'm sure there's many other differences, but those two are probably the biggest when it comes to efficient forum browsing :)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
The functions that are in Mozilla are such that I can open all the new threads from the past few days within seconds, whereas with Internet Explorer you'd have to open each thread in a new windows, alt+tab back to the window displaying the "new threads" page, and so on and so forth. It takes bloody ages.
Can u please explain this again? I didn't really get it....Especially the "open all new threads from the past few days within seconds" bit! :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Can u please explain this again? I didn't really get it....Especially the "open all new threads from the past few days within seconds" bit! :D
Okay, with Mozilla, all I need to do is click on the threads with the middle-click, and the links load in the background while the main window showing the new threads stays in front. That way, I can happily click all the threads I wanna open and have them loaded very quickly.

In IE, you'd have to choose "open in new window" or shift+click every single thread title. When you do that, the new window opens up in front and steals the focus from the "new threads" window, meaning you have to alt+tab back to the new threads window and open a new window again.

Which one sounds shorter? :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Okay, with Mozilla, all I need to do is click on the threads with the middle-click, and the links load in the background while the main window showing the new threads stays in front. That way, I can happily click all the threads I wanna open and have them loaded very quickly.

In IE, you'd have to choose "open in new window" or shift+click every single thread title. When you do that, the new window opens up in front and steals the focus from the "new threads" window, meaning you have to alt+tab back to the new threads window and open a new window again.

Which one sounds shorter? :D
The first one sounds kinda complicated

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's a sweet deal when you also have the tab-focus-on-mouseover ;)

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #91
    could any here post us a link of a new version of mozilla,cuz ur link in the sing Martin isnt working,the mozilla version ur signiture post ;)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    I have a question for the mods:

If enough people sign/vote/support an individual to be a Mod ..can it happen??

I think you know where I am going....I think you know I am crazy enough to try it....I think I know your answer before it moves beyond this point :D

Nevertheless....Comments Marty?

P.S. I'm making my entrance to Xtratime in the next day or two: others have told me I'll be banned in a day or two..any predicitions?? Anyone I should NOT go head to head with?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Yes, won't you tell us, mr. mod :D
    Hey man, I'm the mod only for the reasons of being an "owner" of the forum ;) I resigned from all my moderators duties on XT longtime ago, and acyually refused offers that came after FF came in life ;)

As a mod you are put between the rock & hard place (Martin you surely noticed what happened to Lav on XT lately). YOU can not please everyone. Forums are cultural/personalities melt-pot and PPL come from all walks of life. Sooner or later you'll have "enemies". Sooner or later someone will get pissed off at you for editing or deleting their post, sooner or later few posters will gang up on you and your way of moderating. IF i could i would love to be just a "member" and from this perspective i kind of regret accepting firts mod positions on XT and then CM position.

Incubo, there is no reason why you shouldnt join XT. You shouldt make an enterance though ;) Prety much like here. State your oppinion and defend it, no name calling and dont cry faul if thread gets heated up and mod edits your post, deletes it or closes the thread where you were involved in the argument. When i was part of XT management, we were way "strickter" in enforcing the "rules", but then again, we had Jan's orders to follow:rolleyes: Sometimes his "way" of dealing with things didnt make sense, and he was rarely there to explain. We basically got the blame for everything:D

Besides, There are PPL there which are way better at what you do than you ;) :D

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #99
    I'm picturing in my head a Rossonero being a moderator in a Juve forum :D :LOL: :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)