Miccoli stays in Benfica (2 Viewers)

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Miccoli has prolongued his contract with us until 2010:

Il ds bianconero Alessio Secco ha reso noto che Fabrizio Miccoli (27), da circa un anno in prestito al Benfica, ha rinnovato sino al 2010 il suo impegno con la Juventus. Questa stagione Miccoli è andato a segno in tre occasioni, contro Uniao Leiria (doppietta) ed Estrela Amadora.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
wasn't it Miccoli who felt that he was being "undermined", while he was at Juve because of club's (as he put it) "commitment" to our captain DP? I don't remember everything but i believe he had some unpleasant things about the club and DP just before he left. Can someone fill me in?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve extend Miccoli deal Thursday 23 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have extended Fabrizio Miccoli’s contract until 2010, confirmed sporting director Alessio Secco.

The striker, currently on loan to Benfica, scored an impressive brace in the Champions League 3-1 win over Copenhagen on Tuesday.

“That is why we renewed his contract until 2010,” said Secco to Tuttosport, adding that the agreement was finalised a few months ago.

Miccoli, who joined the Bianconeri in 2003, did not have an easy time with the Turin outfit, as his relationship with Coach Fabio Capello soon turned sour and he was excluded from the starting line-up.

He then moved to Fiorentina in 2004 on loan, scoring 12 goals in Serie A before transferring to Portugal in 2005 again on a loan deal, which included a £3.5m buy-out clause.

“I like it here in Lisbona, I have adapted well to the lifestyle and the football they play here. And people love me,” said Miccoli.

“I don’t think this the right moment to talk about my future, but the fact is that I am owned by Juve,” added the 27-year-old.

“Against Compenhagen it was very important to put on a good show and get a good result and I hope we can continue to play like we did tonight.”

Channel 4

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
that + he prefered watching wrestling than Juve in the CL...

let's sell that little man and get cash for another player.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Wow I can't believe Miccoli signed extension with us after all the bad mouthing he made on us. I guess muchas dineros speak the volume of the man.

BTW, I think Miccoli is one good player for us and good replacement to have on the bench. But I ll take 3.5m and Palladino if Benfica exercises the option.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Miccoli has always been a great player IMO. I like his playing style and he makes for a good winger or second striker. Plays kinda like Di Michele or Di Natale.

Im confussed as to why he would like to extend, but his style, speed and technique would be an added value to our attack.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't understand why we wanted to give him a new contract. He hasn't played for us in 3 years, are we meaning to take him back?

If he's going to stay at Benfica, why don't we let them sign him up and that way we don't have to pay his wages.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Martin said:
I don't understand why we wanted to give him a new contract. He hasn't played for us in 3 years, are we meaning to take him back?

If he's going to stay at Benfica, why don't we let them sign him up and that way we don't have to pay his wages.
Perhaps Benfica is paying 100% of his salary + Loan fee?
Perhaps the contract extension gives us more time to sell Miccoli for money.

I dont know for sure but if I were the Juve board, I would welcome him back on the team.

I just dont know why Miccoli choose to sign, I guess its just guarentee for money, he certainly isnt guarenteed playing time, or is he?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Badass Devil said:
but good in the air and in terms of agility far better than zlatan, the overhead kick against liverpool last season - sublime
Once again you misinterpret and make a joke become silly.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
- vOnAm - said:
Perhaps Benfica is paying 100% of his salary + Loan fee?
Perhaps the contract extension gives us more time to sell Miccoli for money.
So in other words two years of loan fee + two years of wages (actually should probably say three years, assuming they want to keep him for at least another year and he wants to stay as well) is worth less than just buying him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)