Miccoli stays in Benfica (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
his problem was that he didnt want to be on the bench. why should it be a different case under deschamps?
:agree:

If we bring him back, he definitely won´t be on the bench...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I used to like Miccoli and rate him as a player. But i'm afraid he has missed his train to greatness. I think he could've been a star for us in 04/05, where we decided to opt for Ibrahimovic instead.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dominic said:
I used to like Miccoli and rate him as a player. But i'm afraid he has missed his train to greatness. I think he could've been a star for us in 04/05, where we decided to opt for Ibrahimovic instead.
fell in love with him truely with his storming game against parma some yrs ago

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd also like to add that, besides Capello, Lippi also had a part in 'destroying' Miccoli's juve carreer. Lippi should've invested a lot more playing time in Miccoli in 03/04, where Del Piero and Trezeguet were rarely fit, Di Vaio managed to miss all easy chances and Zalayeta was loaned out.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dominic said:
I'd also like to add that, besides Capello, Lippi also had a part in 'destroying' Miccoli's juve carreer. Lippi should've invested a lot more playing time in Miccoli in 03/04, where Del Piero and Trezeguet were rarely fit, Di Vaio managed to miss all easy chances and Zalayeta was loaned out.
well i think lippi was wanting to slowly introduce him into the juve way

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think Lippi lost the plot somewhat in his final year with us. He made some downright weird decisions with his team set-ups, rotation (in the defence) and substitutions.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dominic said:
I think Lippi lost the plot somewhat in his final year with us. He made some downright weird decisions with his team set-ups, rotation (in the defence) and substitutions.
the defence was crap tht season anyways, thuram rb nicky snapped ur leg-rottaglie was our main cb along with ferrara/monty

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Dominic said:
We had too much good strikers that year, Del Piero and Trez were starters in Lippi eyes, Di Vaio was a hot prospect and a top-goalscorer the previous season, so IMO Miccoli had a quite lot playing time with that competition.

Dominic said:
Lippi was a open-book that season, the playing style he deployed that season was indeed weird and unrecognisable for Juve, and our opponents saw directly through us.

The defence was a disaster, everyone was underachieving though I understand the situation with Ferrara and Montero...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
mark83 said:
We had too much good strikers that year, Del Piero and Trez were starters in Lippi eyes, Di Vaio was a hot prospect and a top-goalscorer the previous season, so IMO Miccoli had a quite lot playing time with that competition.
True, but still Miccoli was our best performing forward. Yet, Lippi still chose to opt for one of the other forwards usually.

mark83 said:
Lippi was a open-book that season, the playing style he deployed that season was indeed weird and unrecognisable for Juve, and our opponents saw directly through us.

The defence was a disaster, everyone was underachieving though I understand the situation with Ferrara and Montero...
Indeed

Badass Devil said:
but dont forget buffon and thuram were still trying to settle in
:wth: Buffon and Thuram had been at juve since 2001. Settle in?
Besides they both just came from what was one of their best seasons, on an individual and teambasis. Trying to settle in? Are you kidding?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dominic said:
True, but still Miccoli was our best performing forward. Yet, Lippi still chose to opt for one of the other forwards usually.

Indeed

:wth: Buffon and Thuram had been at juve since 2001. Settle in?
Besides they both just came from what was one of their best seasons, on an individual and teambasis. Trying to settle in? Are you kidding?
2003 season we conceded the most number of goals for i dont know how long, and thuram wasnt settled in his rb position

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Badass Devil said:
2003 season we conceded the most number of goals for i dont know how long, and thuram wasnt settled in his rb position
Yes 2003 -> the 03/04 season i'm talking about concerning Miccoli. 03/04, a relatively disastrous season, the one where Lippi lost the plot. Season 02/03 was great, for Thuram and Buffon also.

Sep 28, 2002
Badass Devil said:
but dont forget buffon and thuram were still trying to settle in
after two years playing week and week out?

the main problem that year was legrottaglie/montero and to some extent appiah who's passing was just disastrous.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic said:
He's short.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I guess the best it's the best thing for all three parties to sell Miccoli to Benfica;

He performs well, seems to love the club and the supporters love him. He hates Juventus, and we could get some cash, which we need.

So I don't really feel like hesitating on that one.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
after two years playing week and week out?

the main problem that year was legrottaglie/montero and to some extent appiah who's passing was just disastrous.
:agree:

And Tacchinardi had an awful season...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Bisco said:
i honestly doubt it if he is even interested in coming back to juve, look at him now. he is a regular, the team depends on him and most of all the guy scores wonderful goals like last night he scored 2 goals. i would love to see him at juve next season but i am not sure he would return back.
Totally agree with you bro.
He is a regular there and I think that he is not interested for another option.
I would like to see him with us,but I doubt that he will come back.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
giovanotti said:
Totally agree with you bro.
He is a regular there and I think that he is not interested for another option.
I would like to see him with us,but I doubt that he will come back.
Welcome back Gio:pint:
and you are absolutely right, finally he is happy there
and i sure hope Juve will be happy too when they will finally choose to keep him and pay us the difference, so could buy the other Bojinov's half and everybody would be happy:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)