Miccoli stays in Benfica (3 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Turk_Bianconero said:
then we can sell him another team

while carrick's value 26 million,Miccoli's 10 million wouldnt be too optimistic

maybe moratti pay 25 million for him:p
because man utd were stupid, and the english league is full of money, and besides alot of that money from the carrick fee went to west ham as part of the sell on clause

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
Potrebbe essere Fabrizio Miccoli la pedina che potrebbe convincere la Fiorentina a lasciare Valeri Bojinov alla Juventus. L'attaccante salentino, attualmente in prestito al Benfica, ha di recente prolungato il proprio accordo con la società bianconera e potrebbe così ritornare in viola, dopo l'amaro addio di due stagioni fa, quando Pantaleo Corvino decise di non riscattarlo. Il ds della Juventus Alessio Secco potrebbe ora proporre alla Fiorentina uno scambio alla pari con il bomber bulgaro, che proprio ieri ha manifestato l'intenzione di non tornare in Toscana.

It can be Fabrizio Miccoli the exchange for Bojinov. Miccoli that is now on loan at Benfica and has extended his contract with Juventus can return to Fiorentina in a deal that make sure that Bojinov stay at Juve.

Nice deal because i think Bojinov is way better as Miccoli and Bojinov's talent will be wasted in a second year in Serie B :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And Boji has a much longer future ahead of him at his age...

But given that Fiorentina gave Miccoli away for peanuts, I'm not sure why they'd be interested in him now? Desperate times with Toni's threats to leave??

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

curi83 said:
Potrebbe essere Fabrizio Miccoli la pedina che potrebbe convincere la Fiorentina a lasciare Valeri Bojinov alla Juventus. L'attaccante salentino, attualmente in prestito al Benfica, ha di recente prolungato il proprio accordo con la società bianconera e potrebbe così ritornare in viola, dopo l'amaro addio di due stagioni fa, quando Pantaleo Corvino decise di non riscattarlo. Il ds della Juventus Alessio Secco potrebbe ora proporre alla Fiorentina uno scambio alla pari con il bomber bulgaro, che proprio ieri ha manifestato l'intenzione di non tornare in Toscana.

It can be Fabrizio Miccoli the exchange for Bojinov. Miccoli that is now on loan at Benfica and has extended his contract with Juventus can return to Fiorentina in a deal that make sure that Bojinov stay at Juve.

Nice deal because i think Bojinov is way better as Miccoli and Bojinov's talent will be wasted in a second year in Serie B :D
this would be a moggi-like deal. you go secco.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
For me it is kinda odd that Benfica doesn´t want to buy him after all he has done for them?

As for Miccoli, I don´t care, I would stick to Bojinov and Palladino, better talents than him and better personalities.

This is a good strategy extending his contact and getting some fee for him or assuring ourselves that Bojinov will finally be ours.

Good job, Secco!

Moggi, eat yourself alive...

P.S. One more thing I don´t get. If this Fiorentina rumour is true, I don´t understand why do we have to give them 2 attackers for Bojinov?

First Mutu, and now Miccoli. Not that I complain, but still...?

Sep 28, 2002
swag said:

But given that Fiorentina gave Miccoli away for peanuts, I'm not sure why they'd be interested in him now? Desperate times with Toni's threats to leave??
i believe it was peanuts because fiorentina were in deep financial mess..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
swag said:

I am pretty sure Fiorentina didnt give them because of financial crisis. They bought Pazzini and Bojinov for nearly 35m Euros half a year later.

The main reason is called a "auction". When you bid in the auction you always (in rational people framework) value the probability of loosing of a player for nothing by putting in lower bid against the extra gain made through such lower bid. There is a trade-off. In truth Fiorentina should have made the bid somewhere near the market value of players because you can always sell the player afterwards but they got greedy and speculated that Moggi wasn't going to spend a penny on both Maresca and Miccoli. After all we are stacked up with quality players anyway. However, that is clearly ridiciously assumption to make since there is active trading market for the players to exchange for the quick cash, and Moggi didnt put in zero bid as you would normally expect. Whoever advising transfer strategy to Fiorentina was smoking something that is I think they got Corvino to sort things out.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think Miccoli is underrated by you guys. At the momment Miccoli is playing better than both Palla and Bojinov although Im optimistic both will become more influencial players.

Miccolli has alot of energy skills and speed, he just didn't a get a proper chance at Juve. I still consider him to be a good addition to our squad.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think Miccoli would certainly suit us in Serie B as a first-teamer if need be, but not as a starter in A. And as long as that is the case, the deal won't work for Miccoli, which in turn ensures it won't work for us.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
swag said:
I think Miccoli would certainly suit us in Serie B as a first-teamer if need be, but not as a starter in A. And as long as that is the case, the deal won't work for Miccoli, which in turn ensures it won't work for us.
True, I don't think Juve will give him first team spot back in serie A.

But I feel he gives us an option when our attack begins to get dull. He plays very well as a support striker and especially in a counter-attacking team.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
- vOnAm - said:
True, I don't think Juve will give him first team spot back in serie A.

But I feel he gives us an option when our attack begins to get dull. He plays very well as a support striker and especially in a counter-attacking team.
Its good on paper but I don't think its workable given Micco's ego that is bigger than his stature (though that isnt too hard). I think it is critical to put model professionals around our youngsters and I am not too sure whether he fits the bill or not. I am loving the way our old guards seems to be tutoring the pups this year. Camo - De Ceglie, Del Piero - Forwards.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I know where is Wolfsburg from.

I think Miccoli will either be kept in Juventus or sold, there will be no more loans.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Wolfsburg are looking to sign the Juventus-owned Fabrizio Miccoli at the end of this season, according to reports.

The German club are understood to be trailing the Italian ace, although they have yet to open negotiations with the Old Lady.

Miccoli, a classy attacker, is currently spending his second season on loan with Portuguese giants Benfica.

However, his future does remain a point of discussion even if the Old Lady of Italian football did recently underline their faith in him.

Although they didn’t recall him to Turin following their demotion to Serie B, the outfit did extend his contract until 2010.

The Lecce-born star was netted by Juve in 2002 from Ternana, but then instantly sent him on loan to Perugia.

He then moved to Turin a year later where he remained until he failed to break into the plans of new boss Fabio Capello and was dispatched elsewhere.

After spending the 2004-05 campaign at Fiorentina in a co-ownership deal, Juve bought him back and then pushed him to Portugal.

we should try and get andres d'alessandro in return

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
juventus710 said:
Wolfsburg are looking to sign the Juventus-owned Fabrizio Miccoli at the end of this season, according to reports.

The German club are understood to be trailing the Italian ace, although they have yet to open negotiations with the Old Lady.

Miccoli, a classy attacker, is currently spending his second season on loan with Portuguese giants Benfica.

However, his future does remain a point of discussion even if the Old Lady of Italian football did recently underline their faith in him.

Although they didn’t recall him to Turin following their demotion to Serie B, the outfit did extend his contract until 2010.

The Lecce-born star was netted by Juve in 2002 from Ternana, but then instantly sent him on loan to Perugia.

He then moved to Turin a year later where he remained until he failed to break into the plans of new boss Fabio Capello and was dispatched elsewhere.

After spending the 2004-05 campaign at Fiorentina in a co-ownership deal, Juve bought him back and then pushed him to Portugal.

we should try and get andres d'alessandro in return
Exactly what i was thinking, that would be such a good move for us

Suhail

An The Inter Fu**er
Dec 3, 2006
yup juve should just cash in on the fellow .... hes enjoying time at benfica so let him stay if you ask me and demand a few mill :p hehehe

juve need to sign more strikers who are better :cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
never say never, boys

Miccoli opens Juve door
Wednesday 6 December, 2006
Juventus-owned Fabrizio Miccoli admits he could return to Turin – although he now wants to just focus on Benfica.

Miccoli, who was bought by the Bianconeri some years ago, only spent one year at the Delle Alpi in 2003-04 and is currently in his second season on loan to the Portuguese side.

“This summer I extended my contract with Juve until 2010 after I spoke to the new management, who impressed me,” said Miccoli.

“There is a chance that I might return to Turin, although now I only want to concentrate on doing well with Benfica for the rest of the season,” added the former Perugia and Fiorentina striker.

“Serie A? It just isn’t the same this year without Juve, Inter have already won the championship and we aren’t even half way through the campaign,” concluded Miccoli.

In the meantime, Juventus are targeting Lazio midfielder Luciano Zauri, whose contract with the Biancocelesti expires in June 2007.

Zauri is also a reported target for Milan, Inter, Fiorentina and Sampdoria, but whispers suggest the Old Lady are ready to offer him a three-year contract.

The former Atalanta player has made no secret of the fact that he would like to stay in Rome, but contract talks have stalled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)