Mexes and Roma (4 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
From Channel 4:

Philippe Mexes had lunch with Giallorossi directors at the Trigoria training ground this afternoon to work through the final details of his move.

The 22-year-old Auxerre defender is their prime transfer target to replace Walter Samuel, who was sold to Real Madrid for £18m last week.

The Italian press insists that Director of Sport Daniele Baldini, Mexes himself and his agent were all at the table this afternoon.

“The next ten days will be decisive,” revealed his agent Olivier Joanneaux. “There are negotiations with Roma, it is pointless denying that, but Juventus and an English club are also very interested in his services.”

Roma seem to have leapt into the lead with today’s meeting, and it’s expected the £4m switch will be completed by the start of next week.

“I know that Fabio Capello is a big fan of Philippe,” continued the representative, “and Roma need to sign defenders quite quickly after losing Samuel and Jonathan Zebina"

:(

Romano

May 22, 2004
That is soooooooooooooo ****ed.
Juventus should offer a ''big'' contract to Mexes, so he changes his mind.
Ferrari actualy doesn't want to join Juve, so we MUST have Mexes, Gonzalo Rodriguez, Evra maybe.

I really don't want to lose Mexes, he is such a GREAT PLAYER.
We've got Zebina from Roma, Yippie :S
Rather Mexes then Zebina for free.
Hopefully Juventus will DO SOMETHING TO GET A PLAYER LIKE THIS FOR SUCCES.

“There are negotiations with Roma, it is pointless denying that, but Juventus and an English club are also very interested in his services.”

C'mon Juve... win this negotiations for the fans...

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
I can't understand.

Most of the Juve fans say the same, but Moggi seems too stupid to complete such transfers.

Instead of this he signs players like Zebina!! I hate that, too...

Jul 28, 2002
i dont think anyone could make a smilie for the way i feel right now...im soo angry im virtually silent........

Mexes to roma.........great

Jul 28, 2002
all i can say is that we had better get didi , rothen and evra...maybe even squilacci, cos roma are gonna get my "dream" pairing of Ferrari and Mexes....with chivu...of for **** sake that jus take the piss that does.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
this really is terrible. ive been saying ti for ages MOGGI MUST GO. the most overated man in football today.

mexes for 4m!!

roma will have such young players: mancini, cassano, chivu, mexes, ferrari.

but wait...

...we got zebina! :irritate:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
To be honest, I would like Squillaci. He was better than Mexes this season and has what we need: A great header. Maybe DD already asked for him, and Mexes is not really interesting.

Jul 28, 2002
nope i can see it happening, baldini and sensi will pull a fast one and get gila ferrari and mexes...gits.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
nope i can see it happening, baldini and sensi will pull a fast one and get gila ferrari and mexes...gits.
It will be a nightmare....I hate Roma.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
It looks like he is very close to playing for the Giallorossi :yuck:
C'mon Moggi, do something to stop that from happening

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Not gonna happen. Its EITHER Mexes or Ferrari, not both. About Gilardino, he would not agree personal terms if he has the chance of joing Juve.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Gilardino is not financially the smartest choice for Roma, not even completely the right one skillfully. I believe what they are after is someone like Corradi, a big striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)