Mexes and Roma (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Roma agree Mexes terms - report

French newspaper L’Equipe maintains Roma have agreed terms with Auxerre for Philippe Mexes, while they look to Milan to replace Emerson.

It had already been reported that the Giallorossi were pinpointing Mexes to shore up their defence following the £18m sale of Walter Samuel to Real Madrid.

The player is a popular target among Europe’s biggest clubs, but the French press insists that Auxerre have already reached a basic agreement with the Olimpico outfit for approximately £4m.

L’Equipe also suggests that Mexes will “be in the Italian Capital next week to discuss personal terms and meet Coach Fabio Capello.”

Mexes was one of the players named by Francesco Totti when he demanded the team remain competitive if he was to stay on.

“It is not true that we will be in Rome next week,” assured agent Olivier Joanneaux on Goalcity.it, “but I know that Capello is a big fan of Philippe and there are negotiations in place. It is pointless denying that.”

However, the representative did assure that the deal was far from sealed and delivered.

“Juventus are also interested in Mexes, as are a very prestigious English side, so the talks are still wide open. The French transfer market opens tomorrow, but I think we’ll know a lot more about his future in about ten days.”

Meanwhile, some midfield reinforcements must also be found before Emerson completes his expected move to Juventus.

With Udinese’s David Pizarro and the out of contract Edgar Davids seemingly out of reach, it’s rumoured that Roma are now aiming for Massimo Ambrosini.

The Italian international missed out on Euro 2004 due to his lack of first team football at Milan and he is ready to move on following the arrival of Vikash Dhorasoo from Lyon.

27-year-old Ambrosini is a talented holding midfielder and would only cost the cash-strapped Giallorossi in the region of £4m.

In other transfer news, the Spanish press reports that Inter benchwarmer Jeremie Brechet is close to signing for Real Sociedad in a £2m deal.

-Football Italia

Why can't we get this guy :groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
If it only takes a transfer fee of 4 Million UK, then there is no excuse for not buying this kid. That is a cheap price for a defender that everyone in Europe is after. Just buy Mexes and stop screwing around! We dragged feet with Cannavaro and Nesta and both went to other clubs.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
French Tuttosport reports

===

Roma agree Mexes terms - report
Sunday 23 May, 2004

French newspaper L’Equipe maintains Roma have agreed terms with Auxerre for Philippe Mexes, while they look to Milan to replace Emerson.

It had already been reported that the Giallorossi were pinpointing Mexes to shore up their defence following the £18m sale of Walter Samuel to Real Madrid.

The player is a popular target among Europe’s biggest clubs, but the French press insists that Auxerre have already reached a basic agreement with the Olimpico outfit for approximately £4m.

L’Equipe also suggests that Mexes will “be in the Italian Capital next week to discuss personal terms and meet Coach Fabio Capello.”

Mexes was one of the players named by Francesco Totti when he demanded the team remain competitive if he was to stay on.

“It is not true that we will be in Rome next week,” assured agent Olivier Joanneaux on Goalcity.it, “but I know that Capello is a big fan of Philippe and there are negotiations in place. It is pointless denying that.”

However, the representative did assure that the deal was far from sealed and delivered.

“Juventus are also interested in Mexes, as are a very prestigious English side, so the talks are still wide open. The French transfer market opens tomorrow, but I think we’ll know a lot more about his future in about ten days.”

Meanwhile, some midfield reinforcements must also be found before Emerson completes his expected move to Juventus.

With Udinese’s David Pizarro and the out of contract Edgar Davids seemingly out of reach, it’s rumoured that Roma are now aiming for Massimo Ambrosini.

The Italian international missed out on Euro 2004 due to his lack of first team football at Milan and he is ready to move on following the arrival of Vikash Dhorasoo from Lyon.

27-year-old Ambrosini is a talented holding midfielder and would only cost the cash-strapped Giallorossi in the region of £4m.

In other transfer news, the Spanish press reports that Inter benchwarmer Jeremie Brechet is close to signing for Real Sociedad in a £2m deal.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Juve still has a chance to get Mexes. So come on Moggi!
I hope that DD will be the new coach, and French players would welcome Juve approaches.
I still hope that DD can make Trez to change his mind and stay at Juve, even it seems impossible

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I wouldn't say French Tuttosport to L#Equipe, as they were the first who linked Kapo with Juve and Dhorasoo with Milan. Both players are now signed by Juve and Milan, so I would take this rumour a bit more serious........

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Moggi should go after Mexes and let Ferrari go to Roma. But what if Moggi has already made a deal for Ferrari? So it sounds like Roma will get Mexes, while Juve gets Bonera and Ferrari.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Well its not really about turning their backs against us. Its more about money, Moggi is to greedy to use 4m on Europas most promising defender.

:(

I really dont understand him some times, if we buy him for 4m, we can always sell him for more even if he flops, because he is young and talanted!

And we are talking about 4m !!!! Its the amount of money juve get from selling tickets to 1 match!

Okay maybe 2 matches ;)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Well its not really about turning their backs against us. Its more about money, Moggi is to greedy to use 4m on Europas most promising defender.

:(

I really dont understand him some times, if we buy him for 4m, we can always sell him for more even if he flops, because he is young and talanted!

And we are talking about 4m !!!! Its the amount of money juve get from selling tickets to 1 match!

Okay maybe 2 matches ;)
or 5 matches.. u know.. delle alpi, its not like we have full house ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)