Messi vs C.Ronaldo (5 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You make it sound, and even think that Ronaldo is much better. Alen's stats show much but it should be a main thing to watch.
Do you really think I'll look at Alen's stats and be convinced that Messi is the better player than Ronaldo? Stats are nothing but figures to me at times. Because I've seen both players and I'm convinced Ronaldo is the better player.

He proved himself to be the best in the EPL scoring over 40goals. He proved his worth in La liga by adapting into a new team and new environment.

You shouldn't be the type of man who depends on stats, if it says Messi scored more means he's better player?? La Liga is nothing compared to EPL. Nothing. I even see Bundesliga tougher than La Liga.

If Alen shows lets say stats of Pazzini scoring more than Trezegeut means Pazzini is better? Or if Miccoli scores more goals than Diego or Del Piero combined this year means he's better? Stats are meant to be figures at times and not more. You sound like they're everything.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #82
    Do you really think I'll look at Alen's stats and be convinced that Messi is the better player than Ronaldo? Stats are nothing but figures to me at times. Because I've seen both players and I'm convinced Ronaldo is the better player.

He proved himself to be the best in the EPL scoring over 40goals. He proved his worth in La liga by adapting into a new team and new environment.

You shouldn't be the type of man who depends on stats, if it says Messi scored more means he's better player. La Liga is nothing compared to EPL. Nothing. I even see Bundesliga tougher than La Liga.

If Alen shows a stats of Pazzini scoring more than Trezegeut means Pazzini is better? Or if Miccoli scores more goals than Diego or Del Piero combined this year means he's better? Stats are meant to be figures at times and not more. You sound like they're everything.
    Well I knew you'd say that, that's why I wrote but it should be a main thing to watch.

It's your opinion and hell, you might be right. I can't see how you rate him much higher, though. And I'll probably never get that. It's like you prefer sandwich over deck, or vice versa...HOW? I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    I hate Ronaldos dribbles. They are so artificially, jerky and not flowing. He has incredible skill no question, but he overdoes it with jumping around and making a clown out of himself. He doesn't get his dribbles in his natural runs. He stops and does the moves then runs again stops does the moves. Messi flys past 6 players in a way like this is absolutely normal and natural. He knows when and where to use his skills and makes it look so ridiculous easy.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #86
    Messi's dribbles are simple and effective, yet majestic. Ronaldo's are effective too, but lower success rate :p and more complicated and showman-like. He's like a rich man's Robinho.
    I hate Ronaldos dribbles. They are so artificially, jerky and not flowing. He has incredible skill no question, but he overdoes it with jumping around and making a clown out of himself. He doesn't get his dribbles in his natural runs. He stops and does the moves then runs again stops does the moves. Messi flys past 6 players in a way like this is absolutely normal and natural. He knows when and where to use his skills and makes it look so ridiculous easy.
    Bingo.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

You shouldn't be the type of man who depends on stats, if it says Messi scored more means he's better player?? La Liga is nothing compared to EPL. Nothing. I even see Bundesliga tougher than La Liga.

If Alen shows lets say stats of Pazzini scoring more than Trezegeut means Pazzini is better? Or if Miccoli scores more goals than Diego or Del Piero combined this year means he's better? Stats are meant to be figures at times and not more. You sound like they're everything.
    Absolutely. And all kind of goals too. Messi's goals all are sorta same (a left-foot finish on the ground), not all, but a looot of them, and the defenders usually know where it's gonna come from, credit to Messi and his teammates for distracting them tho lol. With Ronaldo you never know where and how it's gonna come from (i.e. just look at his latest two goals)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Eℓvin;2358809 said:
    Absolutely. And all kind of goals too. Messi's goals all are sorta same (a left-foot finish on the ground), not all, but a looot of them, and the defenders usually know where it's gonna come from, credit to Messi and his teammates for distracting them tho lol. With Ronaldo you never know where and how it's gonna come from (i.e. just look at his latest two goals)
    Bloom. Correct.

May 22, 2007
    Eℓvin;2358809 said:
    You've got it spot on, a lot of his goals are usually like that. But do you see how many players he skins to score? I don't think any other player on earth is capable of that, or expects it either.

And I don't think anyone on earth was expecting this piece of heaven to happen. Both of them score a lot of really nice goals.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    hmmm,interesting....as i stated earlier i think this is comparable to the Pele v Maradonna arguement that is unwinnable

funny thing is though i am seeing the people i would expect to be in the Pele camp (myself included) going for Messi and those i expect to be in the Maradonna camp going for Ronaldo

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    hmmm,interesting....as i stated earlier i think this is comparable to the Pele v Maradonna arguement that is unwinnable

funny thing is though i am seeing the people i would expect to be in the Pele camp (myself included) going for Messi and those i expect to be in the Maradonna camp going for Ronaldo
    Pele v Maradona is unwinnable partly because they played in different eras. If both these players keep up what they're doing now thruout their careers, this argument will become absolutely epic, plus they play for arch-rivals... this is a debate heaven right here :D

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Eℓvin;2358953 said:
    Pele v Maradona is unwinnable partly because they played in different eras. If both these players keep up what they're doing now thruout their careers, this argument will become absolutely epic, plus they play for arch-rivals... this is a debate heaven right here :D
    i was thinking the comparison in their playing styles is also similar for debate,i would pick Pele every day of the week,but obviously if Maradonna had not imploded then it would be closer in my eyes.

that said i think the vision,skill,pace of messi is pure fantasy,ronaldo has made a bit of a reputation in the goalscoring stakes after his incredible season,if you check out Alen;s stats then you will see that Messi had actually outscored Ronaldo if it had not been for that one season

oh and for the people who have claimed that Messi is in a better team then you have to look at the Manure team that Ronaldo was involved in,i hate those fuckers but they have only been put out of the CL by the (eventual) winners,Milan,winners themselves and barca in the final last 3 years. he was the star performer in one of the most consistent teams in recent times

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Maradona(if he hadn't become a disgraced,drug addled whale) >>>>>>>> Pele

but since Pele continued to be teh best player in the world for almost the entirity of his career his longevity aces Diego

oh and he was sensational in front of goal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)