Messi vs C.Ronaldo (9 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why are class, attitude and professionalism brought into the argument? We're not talking about Nobel Peace Prize candidates, we're talking about who's the better player... still Messi though.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
how is he not a team player?
Well for example in the last champions league final he was an egoistic clown again. Made stupid long range shots when he could have simple passes to Rooney for example who moved into good positions all the time. But CR didn't worked for the team in that final, made useless dribbles that lead to nothing, shot instead of passing.

Why are class, attitude and professionalism brought into the argument? We're not talking about Nobel Peace Prize candidates, we're talking about who's the better player... still Messi though.
Because that belongs to the package.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
messi is amazing, but he cant put a team on his back and carry it yet, c ronaldo can; as much as i hate to admit it but c. ronaldo is the total package a more complete player than messi imo
When exactly did he put a team on his back and carry it?

Both players are blessed to have played/and are currently playing in teams with absolutely strong squads. You can't make an argument for either player that they carry their teams on their backs, or that they have won titles single handedly.

how is he not a team player?
He is rather selfish, and that is one of his few downfalls. Like Sab said, sometimes he just tries to do things all by himself. He's done it a few times for Real, and he did it against Barcelona in the final.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well for example in the last champions league final he was an egoistic clown again. Made stupid long range shots when he could have simple passes to Rooney for example who moved into good positions all the time. But CR didn't worked for the team in that final, made useless dribbles that lead to nothing, shot instead of passing.

Because that belongs to the package.
and DP doesnt do game in game out? yes ronaldo is a douchebag but once we move past that bias we can see hes no different than any other gifted player.

When exactly did he put a team on his back and carry it?

Both players are blessed to have played/and are currently playing in teams with absolutely strong squads. You can't make an argument for either player that they carry their teams on their backs, or that they have won titles singlehandedly.

He is rather selfish, and that is one of his few downfalls. Like Sab said, sometimes he just tries to do things all by himself. He's done it a few times for Real, and he did it against Barcelona in the final.

ronaldo carried man u 2 seasons ago, he did it all. And despite being in a rather strong team he was always the go to guy. both he and messi struggle for their national side, with messi being worse in my book.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
to all teh Ronaldo voters,did you watch his performance last night? all posturing,fancy flicks and tricks that lead nowhere,eliminated his own teammates and broke down attacks,these sort of things are fine when you are 2-3 goals up but 1-0 down in a knockout CL game is not the time to show teh world you are a show-pony

Messi for me is always more effective and much more of a team player,his vision and interplay far excede what Ronaldo brings to the team

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
and DP doesnt do game in game out? yes ronaldo is a douchebag but once we move past that bias we can see hes no different than any other gifted player.

ronaldo carried man u 2 seasons ago, he did it all. And despite being in a rather strong team he was always the go to guy. both he and messi struggle for their national side, with messi being worse in my book.
Well "carried" Man Utd is too much of an overstatement. He underachieved in most of the advanced CL games but despite that United were able to win without Ronaldo being on form. Sure he was their top and most consistent performer but in no way can it be classified as Ronaldo "carrying" his team. Because the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes and Giggs all played a big part in Uniteds successful seasons.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
to all teh Ronaldo voters,did you watch his performance last night? all posturing,fancy flicks and tricks that lead nowhere,eliminated his own teammates and broke down attacks,these sort of things are fine when you are 2-3 goals up but 1-0 down in a knockout CL game is not the time to show teh world you are a show-pony

Messi for me is always more effective and much more of a team player,his vision and interplay far excede what Ronaldo brings to the team
That may be true but ronaldo is more handsome.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

:tup:

Exactly, it isn't the first time either. He did the same thing against Bilbao eariler on in the season for those who watched that game, also the CL final last season is another example.

One of the main differences between the two players is that sometimes Ronaldo can be really selfish.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i do not doubt that Ronaldo is a terrific player,he has skill,pace and a thunderous shot,plus he is a marketers dream...but marketing does not make beckham a better player than Zidane,just a better known face and i feel this is a similar case with ugly troll Messi against pretty(gay)boy Ronaldo

messi is simply more effective as a team player and assister,Ronaldo has added goals in the last 3 years but he was in an extremely creative team (Scholes,Giggs,Rooney) playing against some poor english defenses and he never showed up in most of the big games. Messi is not as prolific but lets be honest,he is not an out and out scorer,he is the creative hub of an extremely talented side,he will always assist more tyhan score

like i said it would be interesting to get the viewpoint of those who voted Messi or Ronaldo in the Pele v Maradonna debate

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
in all fairness Ronaldo is certainly more hanbdsome than Messi,Lionel looks like those Trollz from the 90's

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i do not doubt that Ronaldo is a terrific player,he has skill,pace and a thunderous shot,plus he is a marketers dream...but marketing does not make beckham a better player than Zidane,just a better known face and i feel this is a similar case with ugly troll Messi against pretty(gay)boy Ronaldo

messi is simply more effective as a team player and assister,Ronaldo has added goals in the last 3 years but he was in an extremely creative team (Scholes,Giggs,Rooney) playing against some poor english defenses and he never showed up in most of the big games. Messi is not as prolific but lets be honest,he is not an out and out scorer,he is the creative hub of an extremely talented side,he will always assist more tyhan score

like i said it would be interesting to get the viewpoint of those who voted Messi or Ronaldo in the Pele v Maradonna debate
Messi is not creative messi is explosive, messi cant create by himself. I personally cant stand c ronaldo but i have to concede that he is in fact better than messi and if i could can pick one of the 2 for juve it would have to be ronaldo.
pele has nothing on Diego, the only thing better than maradona would be a maradona who can play with both feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)