Messi vs C.Ronaldo (18 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, Ronaldo can't really dictate the game either when it comes to being the presence in midfield that controls the pace of play. It's always straight forward with the guy. Moreover, his presence does go missing in times of need, just like Messi would be if he was starved of the ball.

I'll give Ronaldo credit for imposing himself a bit more because of his speed and athleticism and spirit, but that doesn't necessarily make him the better player pound for pound. I do believe though that you're sort of mixing up adjectives here... Ronaldo would be the explosive player in my opinion while Messi would be the creative force. The former has more of a drive that I would call explosive.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As a fan of the Portugal NT, however, CRon has been a liability way too often for these kinds of comparisons. There is just no excuse for why Portugal qualified only with his extended injury -- and were in complete jeopardy when he started.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think 'D' was referring to there failure in the World Cup qualifiers, where they were very lucky to qualify.
He should blame maradona's :gsol:coaching methods:gsol: for that more than anything else.

If maradona himself was playing in that team they'd likely struggle the same way....

May 22, 2007
Sacrilege! then why didnt a "di maria" struggle, messi not only struggled but he was nowhere to be seen in most of the games.
From the games I saw, I disagree with this. It seemed as if everyone was passing the ball to Messi as if they were hoping and praying he would do something magical. He didn't execute a lot of chances but he was very involved I feel.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Quieroz is no better, they guy practicly ruined Real Madrid and nearly ruined Portugal. In fairness to Maradonna his inclusion of certain players in the squad in the last few games actually got them qualified. He saw the faults and included different players and voila. Argentina will still be a force at the World Cup and I will bank on them progressing further than Portugal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So Messi supposedly disappeared during a single qualifying campaign while Ronaldo did so as well. So what?

Throw out the World Cup qualifiers in this discussion because both players did't live up to their name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)