Messi vs C.Ronaldo (14 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Stick them in such a physical and fast paced league as the Premiership is and see if they can do it then. The pace they moved the ball between eachother (Ronaldo and Rooney) I've never seen anything like it.
They beat the two best Premiership teams last season (albeit one on away goals, but I seriously doubt Chelsea would do that in a normal league game). Don't you think that the rest of the league would suffer a lot after what they did to United in the final?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
They beat the two best Premiership teams last season (albeit one on away goals, but I seriously doubt Chelsea would do that in a normal league game). Don't you think that the rest of the league would suffer a lot after what they did to United in the final?
Was it not only the season before or the year before that United beat Barcelona comfortably?

Chelsea were robbed against them so I can't count that. I don't think they would do well against teams such as the lower half of the Premier League no.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
The Chelsea games as an example will cause alot of discussion, because they will all say how Chelsea got robbed at home. At the same time forgetting how Barca didn't have some calls go their way when they should've in Spain.

But the bold part: :tup:

May 22, 2007
Was it not only the season before or the year before that United beat Barcelona comfortably?

Chelsea were robbed against them so I can't count that. I don't think they would do well against teams such as the lower half of the Premier League no.
That's a different Barça side, before Pep joined. Significant improvement the season after don't you think? United was basically the same side including Berbatov.

And fair enough, I just see the exact same thing happening as against Chelsea with the Blackburn's of the league etc, with 10 men behind the ball but it will be significantly less talented players defending and they'll easily get 2 or 3 goals.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What a question, I'd like to see Messi handle the Premiership and be effective as Ronaldo there. I'd like to see Messi score 40+ goals a season in the Premiership. I'd give the edge to Ronaldo personally, I think I need to see Messi outside of Spain or outside of Barcelona for that reason.

By the way Forza Rab and Kyle.
The Premiership isn't the only way to test a player's quality.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think every team would defend like Chelsea did because they don't have the quality as you stated. However if you man mark either of Iniesta or Xavi which Chelsea should of done I think you can disrupt there plans alot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well it remains a guess until then. But you can't say he isn't better because of that. And well, Champions League and international football are other stages outside of la Liga where he shines.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Well it remains a guess until then. But you can't say he isn't better because of that. And well, Champions League and international football are other stages outside of la Liga where he shines.
International Football he does not shine half as much as he does in La Liga. Ronaldo shines more for Portugal than Messi for Argentina. Then again it's all an opinion. My first post stated it was close but I prefer Ronaldo.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, it was just that point I didn't like.

I know Messi isn't that great for Argentina but he's had his moments and in the CL he is ace. But Ronaldo isn't all that for Portugal either.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ronaldo does not shine for Portugal at all. Ask Swag who is a Portugese NT fan, Ronaldo has been really mediocre for his Nt in the past couple of years. Matter of a fact he didn't score one goal in the qualifying games.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
This.

May 22, 2007
Nani regularly outperforms Ronaldo for Portugal doesn't he?

Argentina are just a general shambles. Messi is the center of everything but in an Argentina side without a plan. And with some really mediocre players. Sort of like Diego and Juve? :D Also, once great players who are horrible at coaching are leading both.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Flair players suffer in the Premier League, thats fact. Messi's build would not be suitable for the physical aspect. He's similar built to Robinho and I can tell you he suffered alot.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Flair players suffer in the Premier League, thats fact. Messi's build would not be suitable for the physical aspect. He's similar built to Robinho and I can tell you he suffered alot.
That is so not true. Messi is really strong physically, he can deceive you with his build. but he holds his ground against a lot of strong defenders. He is really hard to push of the ball. No way is he like Robinho.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I voted for Messi.Ian is my BFF from now on & we'll support war crimes,donate happy meals to unicef & drink coca cola as Messi cums all over the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)