Maurizio Sarri (37 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Depends on what you consider recently, if you wanna go back ~8 rounds until Milan, we have two more losses :D
it's not just about the losses. did you follow the matches? the team is completely in pieces: physical condition, tactical discipline, match management, grinta all went south weeks ago. those doubts about sarri being able to control the situation are legit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
it's not just about the losses. did you follow the matches? the team is completely in pieces: physical condition, tactical discipline, match management, grinta all went south weeks ago. those doubts about sarri being able to control the situation are legit.
Well its summer, its hot, the calendar was madness and the squad is thin with many injured or unreliable players, all the things you listed is mostly the result of that. Our main competitors had the exact same problems, do you also think Conte or Inzaghi were unable to control the situation?

I followed the matches until we won the scudetto, I think watching the last two games might have had a bad impact on the forums perception of our team :D

Im looking forward to the game against Lyon, that'll be the real test of what kind of character and spine Sarri has put in this team. If we stink it up like in the game before covid, I hope we call up Allegri, Conte, Poch, Inzaghi or whoever, because going out to Lyon on the biggest stage is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
We should seriously consider creating a subforum specially for Sarribois and basically lock them down in there so they can talk with their delusional buddies about praising Sarri all they want without us needing to get triggered and repeat ourself twice a day making the same arguments for posters who clearly are incapable of comprehending or reading what’s already been discussed and argumented several times already.

Thanks in advance. :p

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well its summer, its hot, the calendar was madness and the squad is thin with many injured or unreliable players, all the things you listed is mostly the result of that. Our main competitors had the exact same problems, do you also think Conte or Inzaghi were unable to control the situation?

I followed the matches until we won the scudetto, I think watching the last two games might have had a bad impact on the forums perception of our team :D
well, if you've been happy with our run of matches starting from the milan match, especially with the way our coach handled the situation, then i'm happy for you.

and no, i don't care about the result of the last two games the slightest. i don't understand why players like bonucci or bentancur played a minute, but that's an other matter. let's hope they'll be ready for lyon.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
well, if you've been happy with our run of matches starting from the milan match, especially with the way our coach handled the situation, then i'm happy for you.

and no, i don't care about the result of the last two games the slightest. i don't understand why players like bonucci or bentancur played a minute, but that's an other matter. let's hope they'll be ready for lyon.
I'm okay with that run, the conditions were tough and we won the scudetto with the team running on fumes physically. The slip up against Udinese should've been avoided but shit happens. What will determine my judgement of the season will be how we do in CL not whether we won the scudetto with two or four rounds to spare. It wasnt okay for Allegri's Juve to be outplayed by Ajax mix of teenagers and old war horses and definitely won't be okay for Sarri's Juve to go out against this average Lyon side, first season or not.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I'm okay with that run, the conditions were tough and we won the scudetto with the team running on fumes physically. The slip up against Udinese should've been avoided but shit happens. What will determine my judgement of the season will be how we do in CL not whether we won the scudetto with two or four rounds to spare. It wasnt okay for Allegri's Juve to be outplayed by Ajax mix of teenagers and old war horses and definitely won't be okay for Sarri's Juve to go out against this average Lyon side, first season or not.
I definitely agree with that part, but let's not pretend everything was ok before the lockdown, there were signs of our game going backwards even then, with the 1st leg against Lyon serving as a prime example of it.

Anyway, there's no excuse to not K.O. this Lyon side, and frankly i trust we will, regardless of Sarri.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I definitely agree with that part, but let's not pretend everything was ok before the lockdown, there were signs of our game going backwards even then, with the 1st leg against Lyon serving as a prime example of it.

Anyway, there's no excuse to not K.O. this Lyon side, and frankly i trust we will, regardless of Sarri.
A coach and his staff 99% of the cases is the cornerstone of the team, a team doesnt win regardless of their coach just like they don't lose regardless of their coach.

Look at Real - Ancelotti is there and they're among the best teams in Europe, Benitez comes they suck, Zidane is hired and again they're among the best teams in Europe. Solari comes and they suck, everyone thinks its because of Ronaldo leaving, but Zidane is rehired and it turns out they're still among the best teams in Europe. Lesson here - even with a team like Reals you can't win without a good coach and you can't avoid losing with a bad one.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
A coach and his staff 99% of the cases is the cornerstone of the team, a team doesnt win regardless of their coach just like they don't lose regardless of their coach.

Look at Real - Ancelotti is there and they're among the best teams in Europe, Benitez comes they suck, Zidane is hired and again they're among the best teams in Europe. Solari comes and they suck, everyone thinks its because of Ronaldo leaving, but Zidane is rehired and it turns out they're still among the best teams in Europe. Lesson here - even with a team like Reals you can't win without a good coach and you can't avoid losing with a bad one.
When there's such a huge difference between the two teams, be it mentality or overall squad you want to compare. The only genuine impact the manager of the much better side could genuinly have in this sort of encounters is to perhaps fuck everything up, play into their trap and balance it out for the considerably inferior opponents to have a chance.

I just dont think motivation is an issue for us in CL so it's not like we'll need Sarri to magically tell Ronaldo or DeLigt why we need to win this one, determination will be key but in games like this you can bet your money on CR7 having a magical night rather than Sarri actually having a real impact on this game, again this applies here mainly due to the huge difference between the two teams.

So yeah, i'd say it could very well be in spite of him.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe they are just waiting to see the finished project instead of 4 months before destroying them on a forum like a tool.
#Rabiothater
So waiting to see the finished project translates into being delusional and debating/seeing improvement just for the sake of it where/when there isn't one?

That's what i don't understand about some of you.

Apr 19, 2007
So waiting to see the finished project translates into being delusional and debating/seeing improvement just for the sake of it where/when there isn't one?

That's what i don't understand about some of you.
This year has been crazy. Not a normal year. The pandemic was nuts and also the injury issueas we had all year. Yes if wanting to wait to see how the CL turns out is being dillusional than im just that. Ive stated my issues with him as well as what I think is better. Lets not pretend like we havnt had some key innjuries as well as a very weird season as far as implementing a new system.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This year has been crazy. Not a normal year. The pandemic was nuts and also the injury issueas we had all year. Yes if wanting to wait to see how the CL turns out is being dillusional than im just that. Ive stated my issues with him as well as what I think is better. Lets not pretend like we havnt had some key innjuries as well as a very weird season as far as implementing a new system.
I can understand taking a look at the circumstances and everything, even giving Sarri the benefit of the doubt while assuming the current lot of players don’t really suit his philosophy, but again, this doesn’t and shouldn’t mean some of you have to dig for every little positive out of a sea of negatives throughout this year just to come here and try to paint it for us that so many things have been improved when it’s obviously not the case.

All in all i also agree to wait and see what’s going to happen in CL before passing any clear judgement, but also nonetheless without ignoring how far backwards we’ve went thus far.

Apr 19, 2007
I can understand taking a look at the circumstances and everything, even giving Sarri the benefit of the doubt while assuming the current lot of players don’t really suit his philosophy, but again, this doesn’t and shouldn’t mean some of you have to dig for every little positive out of a sea of negatives throughout this year just to come here and try to paint it for us that so many things have been improved when it’s obviously not the case.

All in all i also agree to wait and see what’s going to happen in CL before passing any clear judgement, but also nonetheless without ignoring how far backwards we’ve went with our game thus far.
All im saying is lets look at the facts and decide at the end of the year if we are looking much worse. If we can do better. If its a personel thing or a coaching thing. maybe both.
Most people wrote him off before he coached a single game so lets not pretend the hate on here is all justified only due to on the field performances.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
All im saying is lets look at the facts and decide at the end of the year if we are looking much worse. If we can do better. If its a personel thing or a coaching thing. maybe both.
Most people wrote him off before he coached a single game so lets not pretend the hate on here is all justified only due to on the field performances.
Well.. i guess we’ll be finding that out soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)