Maurizio Sarri (60 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Last season Bentancur was not a guaranteed starter like he is this season. He was benched for the most important game of the season (Ajax at home when we got knocked out). Likewise, Bentancur was not at all progressing under Allegri. He’s taken a huge step this season. If you don’t believe me, read the Bentancur thread before Sarri took over. People were calling him mediocre etc...

The fact is that Paratici screwed up big time by trading Danilo for Cancelo, and it was Sarri who adapted. If Sarri was as stubborn as people say, he wouldn’t have moved Cuads to RB. Instead he would have continued playing Danilo there.
Why do you love making stuff up so much?

This season Rodrigo has played 3005 minutes. Last season 2724. Difference? 297 minutes played this season in Coppa Italia.

Last season he started and played full 90' in 6/10 games in CL. Our record? 2W 1D 3L. Did not register a single G or A in any of those games. Didn't play vs Ajax? He also didn't play vs Atletico 3-0 at home.

This season he started only 3 in CL, 3 subbed in.

Last season in Serie A he played very little first 5 games, then started 21/29 remaining games he was available in. Most of those full 90'. Started and played 86' in Supercoppa. This season started 25 games, full 90' in Supercoppa.

The difference is minuscule. The truth is Bentancur was a 21 year old kid playing his first season in a major role in a major club last season. He wasn't very good. I remember specifically being frustrated with him for refusing to take risks and pass and dribble forward. I remember being frustrated with Allegri for playing him too much. At one point he played like 10-15 games in a row full 90'.

He's got better stats and obviously the quality to be a part of Juventus, but I'm still not convinced he's going to reach even Marchisio levels, let alone Vidal or Pogba. He's got major holes in his game still, but also has time to fix it.

You also tried to a snide remark how 'Allegri would've played Matuidi over him' when 1) they don't play the same position and 2) Sarri played Matuidi 90% of the season over players who fit his 'style' better.

You had better troll attempts honestly.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
My point is, if we hire Klopp and don't win anything in his first year, let alone waiting for 4 years we would fire him.
If if if. You really are the If Man.

Of course we would fire him in this little scenario of yours as he would have been a catastrophic failure, that is the point. The expectations here are totally different compared to those he had at Liverpool 4 years ago. This can't be this difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Max won five straight titles here, 4 domestic doubles, and made us relevant in CL for the first time in a decade... and you still wanted his head...

Only makes sense that you should want Sarri’s head too, after an even worse season. ;)
One thing I've learned this season is that these Sarristas have zero intellectual integrity. No point expecting consistency from them.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Last season Bentancur was not a guaranteed starter like he is this season. He was benched for the most important game of the season (Ajax at home when we got knocked out). Likewise, Bentancur was not at all progressing under Allegri. He’s taken a huge step this season. If you don’t believe me, read the Bentancur thread before Sarri took over. People were calling him mediocre etc...

The fact is that Paratici screwed up big time by trading Danilo for Cancelo, and it was Sarri who adapted. If Sarri was as stubborn as people say, he wouldn’t have moved Cuads to RB. Instead he would have continued playing Danilo there.
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/daniele-rugani.39164/post-5943930

See post #5,066 from the above for a clear description of how Bentancur improved in his couple of seasons under Allegri.

Just because he had "mediocre" games doesn't mean he didn't improve or that he wouldn't take a step up this season. He was certainly heading in the right direction and developing physically (23 is a reasonable age to make a step up).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

So you concluded that Bentancur wasnt a starter based on one game, great. I wouldnt say huge step, but he improved. Naturally, as hes a young player that should grow every season. Would be weird/bad if he didnt, sarri or no sarri.

You mean if he was stubborn, hed have played the worse player continuously when he had a better option waiting? Everyone knew Cuadrado can play there effectively already from last season

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Grazie Grande Mister. 43 goals conceded (3rd best defense) and 76 goals scored (5th best attack, 22 goals behind Atalanta). We lost 7 games (roughly 20% of all our games), and even lost our proud home record, losing to a Roma team that hadn't beaten us @ home in ages.
I can give him a pass for the last 4-5 games because of fatigue etc, but yeah our season overall was very underwhelming.
Of course he's not the only one to blame.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The difference is minuscule. The truth is Bentancur was a 21 year old kid playing his first season in a major role in a major club last season. He wasn't very good. I remember specifically being frustrated with him for refusing to take risks and pass and dribble forward. I remember being frustrated with Allegri for playing him too much. At one point he played like 10-15 games in a row full 90'.

He's got better stats and obviously the quality to be a part of Juventus, but I'm still not convinced he's going to reach even Marchisio levels, let alone Vidal or Pogba. He's got major holes in his game still, but also has time to fix it.
So your stats agree with my statement that Bentancur has played more football this season. We still have Lyon left, so that’s likely another 90 minutes. If we advance against Lyon, he will play another 90 minutes against Real or City. That’s his total up to 3185 minutes in all likelihood.

You also failed to address my claim that Bentancur has improved significantly this season, which he obviously has. He went from being rated as a mediocre player to being considered one of our most important players. Age or not, that’s a huge step.

But Allegri fans are so insecure that merely giving Sarri credit for his handling of some players (Dybala, Bentancur and Cuadrado specifically) triggers them, because you see it as a personal attack against Allegri.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If he can motivate the players right the 3rd goal of the game will be important factors against Lyon
I prefer we getting 1-1 in 1st half then getting 2-0

Because if we are coming from 1-1 and getting goal in 2nd half that make it 2-1, it will be best scenario for us
But if we getting 2-0 in 1st half and Lyon get 1 goal anytime in 2nd half to make it 2-1, that probably will be the end

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bentancur is a young player. He was likely to improve, Sorri ass bus driver as coach or not. I'm not giving that punk credit for shit.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE="rainhard, post: 6176696, member: 2445"] If he can motivate the players right the 3rd goal of the game will be important factors against Lyon
I prefer we getting 1-1 in 1st half then getting 2-0

Because if we are coming from 1-1 and getting goal in 2nd half that make it 2-1, it will be best scenario for us
But if we getting 2-0 in 1st half and Lyon get 1 goal anytime in 2nd half to make it 2-1, that probably will be the end [/QUOTE]

:rofl: :howler:

8dda46929129cc4c33f28a4b5f519f76.gif

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
So you concluded that Bentancur wasnt a starter based on one game, great. I wouldnt say huge step, but he improved. Naturally, as hes a young player that should grow every season. Would be weird/bad if he didnt, sarri or no sarri.

You mean if he was stubborn, hed have played the worse player continuously when he had a better option waiting? Everyone knew Cuadrado can play there effectively already from last season
Them Sarriboiz must be clutching at straws in here when you have to argue over things like that.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Sarri is the one who permanently moved him to RB. Cuadrado has also improved hugely this season. Last season he was considered deadwood.

Dybala, Bentancur, Cuadrado - three of the most improved players in Serie A this season relative to last year

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
So your stats agree with my statement that Bentancur has played more football this season. We still have Lyon left, so that’s likely another 90 minutes. If we advance against Lyon, he will play another 90 minutes against Real or City. That’s his total up to 3185 minutes in all likelihood.

You also failed to address my claim that Bentancur has improved significantly this season, which he obviously has. He went from being rated as a mediocre player to being considered one of our most important players. Age or not, that’s a huge step.

But Allegri fans are so insecure that merely giving Sarri credit for his handling of some players (Dybala, Bentancur and Cuadrado specifically) triggers them, because you see it as a personal attack against Allegri.
Yes, he had more time available to play so he played more. Not because his coach hated him last year as you tried to imply.

He's got better stats
Literally right there. And again, there's no evidence that's because Allegri benched him and Sarri suddenly gave him more time. He's simply almost 2 years older now than he was under Allegri. Kind of how development of young players goes. He's playing the same position, same role, almost identical playing time. He's just matured more.

Sorry? Insecure? You mean to tell me this:
If Allegri was still here, Bentancur would be rotting on the bench while Matuidi would still be a starter and stinking up the place.
...wasn't a personal attack full of bullshit, lies and conjecture? Sure.

Dybala is better, but he isn't doing anything he didn't do with Allegri before last year. Bentancur is better, but he's also older with more experience. Cuadrado? Did you miss the part where Allegri moved him to RB first? Did you miss the part where Allegri had Cancelo last season? You mean to tell me if Allegri played Cuadrado over Cancelo you wouldn't bitch about it? Riiight.

And most importantly - did you miss the part where Cuadrado tore his meniscus and was out for 4 months between December and April last year? Did you miss great seasons Cuadrado had in 16/17 and 17/18, best of his career under Allegri? Ofc you didn't, you just shat on him then any chance you got:

LlZryuB.jpg

nnR7O4w.jpg

But ok, let's give you Dybala and Bentancur. What about Bernardeschi, Ramsey, Pjanić, Sandro, Matuidi all having worse seasons than ever before? What about Sarri's awful treatment of Demiral before his injury? What about having the worst season in 10 years?

I don't give a crap about individual statistics unless it leads to (better) team success. No fan should. Unless they have an agenda to run that is.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sarri is the one who permanently moved him to RB. Cuadrado has also improved hugely this season. Last season he was considered deadwood.

Dybala, Bentancur, Cuadrado - three of the most improved players in Serie A this season relative to last year
Again, because he had to. He didn't invent the position for him. It's like people saying Max made Marchisio a regista when he played there already under Conte, and he too would have made him a permanent one if he was forced to. And lol at him being considered deadwood when he played some great games and his sole issue was the injuries last season

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sarri's season will be judged on how well he does in CL, so might as well just close the thread until friday, nothing good is going to happen here anyway.

I know we lost two meaningless games recently, what I dont get is why anyone even watched them, I haven't even seen the highlights, the dead tired team playing with multiple youngsters and reserves was always going to suck.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Sarri's season will be judged on how well he does in CL, so might as well just close the thread until friday, nothing good is going to happen here anyway.

I know we lost two meaningless games recently, what I dont get is why anyone even watched them, I haven't even seen the highlights, the dead tired team playing with multiple youngsters and reserves was always going to suck.
Just two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)