Daniele Rugani (27 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I couldn't believe some of the defending I saw today from him. I was constantly asking myself if this guy was really playing for Juve. That header down just to lay it off for the Ajax attacker on the edge of the area who then lobbed it over his head to Ziyech that then inexplicably missed from 5 yards out was one of the worst pieces of defending I've seen at this level this season. Him and Bonucci were like dumb and dumber out there.
That was very poor, yes. I've always believed Rugani was simply not good enough for Juventus, but that's the moment I realised he'll most likely be gone next season.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We should loan him to some English team.

I know not the best place to learn to be a defender and I don't rate the league but he needs to be forced into an environment where football is fast paced and aggressive. Sitting on the bench and coming in vs lower Serie A teams has done him absolutely no favours. What is he going to learn doing that?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
barazgi when same age as him was a average italian as well. this guy will make it.

he's good as squad player for now. tired of this attitude that every player who performs bad has to be sold. or should we buy Ramos just to have him on bench? what happened with Benatia again?

not much you can do when your main deferder is injured and best back up benatia is sold.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rugani agent: 'Risky at Juventus'
By Football Italia staff

Daniele Rugani’s agent claims “it might’ve been easier for him to play regularly at Milan, but he decided to stay at Juventus and risks lacking consistency.”
The defender has long been considered one of the future figures of the Nazionale, but while Alessio Romagnoli is captain at Milan, Rugani struggles to make an impact in Turin.
“A player must never rest on his laurels and Daniele certainly does not,” agent Davide Torchia told Radio Marte.
“It might’ve been easier for him to play regularly at Milan, but there will always be competition in the Bianconeri squad. For example, if you’ve got Giorgio Chiellini in front of you, it’s difficult to be a first choice.
“Rugani decided to stay at a big club like Juventus, but there’s the risk of lacking consistency.”
The former Empoli centre-back had been the subject of large offers from Napoli and Chelsea, but opted to extend his contract with the Bianconeri instead.
Rugani turns 25 in July and so far this season has managed 19 competitive appearances for Juve.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
His agent talks sense for a change.

But given his age, I really think he would benefit him far more going out and playing regular games for a season. Not sure how much more he can learn from Barzagli and Chiellini. The current situation of him playing against lower Serie A teams in games where we barely get out 2nd gear is not benefitting him. He needs some intensity and drive which would hopefully come from a loan spell where he plays regularly and has something to play for each time he is on the pitch.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He is not the defender we thought he was 3 years ago. Reminds me of Bentancur. Came with a lot of optimism but plateaued.
Agreed on Rugani but I still think there is time for him to progress. There is a limit to how much he can grow in his current role for us, it makes sense that he has plateaued when there is nothing to push him to improve.

Don't agree on Bentancur, the guy is 21 and only been here two seasons. There is plenty of room for him to grow both tactically and physically.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agreed on Rugani but I still think there is time for him to progress. There is a limit to how much he can grow in his current role for us, it makes sense that he has plateaued when there is nothing to push him to improve.

Don't agree on Bentancur, the guy is 21 and only been here two seasons. There is plenty of room for him to grow both tactically and physically.
You said it. Has been here two seasons...when/where has he grown? Is barely a threat going forward, still gets stupid yellows, has yet to take risks with the ball. Even Matuidi takes more risks. Seems to me like he has leveled off and become simply another average CM.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
You said it. Has been here two seasons...when/where has he grown? Is barely a threat going forward, still gets stupid yellows, has yet to take risks with the ball. Even Matuidi takes more risks. Seems to me like he has leveled off and become simply another average CM.
Yeh, I remember when he arrived there was a lot of hype around him, being called the Uruguayan Pogba, but he have shown very little. He might grow into a fine player, but nothing special.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think Bentancur has improved particularly his movement and winning back possession. He has set up a few goals and chances with his movement down the right from the when played on the right of a midfield 3. Something he didn't show last season. He has 2 goals and 3 assists this season, which is decent given his game time and age (last year he got zero goals and assists, so clearly an improvement). I think tactically he is better than he was a year or 2 ago and reads the game better.

It is also extremely likely that he will improve physically given that he is only 21, which will help him improve. Yeah he makes far too many stupid fouls, but I'd like to think he will improve on that.

Look at his stats and see that he has improved this year in comparison to last.

Tackles per game: 1.7 (this year) v 0.9 (last year)
Interceptions per game: 1.4 v 0.2
Clearances per game: 1.2 v 0.7
Blocks per game: 0.3 v 0.1
Key passes per game: 0.8 v 0.4

There is a clear improvement for a young player. He is nothing like Pogba in style and never will be. People need to take that comparison out of their head, he is far more of a defensive player. His defensive stats are arguably more impressive than Matuidi's whilst being better on the ball. I think he could develop into a good defensive option in midfield with more attacking players around him (similar to a Busquets type role).

Anyway this thread is about Rugani.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Wouldn't write off bentancur yet. As for rugani i think riding the bench for so long as dented his chances of becoming great. At his age he should of been a starter elsewhere proving his worth. Unfortunate to be under the allegri envrionment. Add barzagli palying for so long, bonnuci leaving and benetia replacing him then bonucci coming back. Was never goimg to get his chance.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Wouldn't write off bentancur yet. As for rugani i think riding the bench for so long as dented his chances of becoming great. At his age he should of been a starter elsewhere proving his worth. Unfortunate to be under the allegri envrionment. Add barzagli palying for so long, bonnuci leaving and benetia replacing him then bonucci coming back. Was never goimg to get his chance.
So it's Allegri's fault that he is crap?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Rugani played 1.500 minutes this season alone and has been given plenty of chances by Max.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)