Maurizio Sarri (30 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who knows. But he isn't the coach of a top level team. A manager at the top needs more than one tactic and approach.
I only asked that for those seeing Atalanta play and wishing we played like them. We all want that, but the reality is a little different. Gasp has never coached a top team and it's so different to building for years in the provinces. But to me, he would similarly play his football, do or die. Sarri is doing it and he's rightly criticised. Tactical flexibility is extremely underrated.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I only asked that for those seeing Atalanta play and wishing we played like them. We all want that, but the reality is a little different. Gasp has never coached a top team and it's so different to building for years in the provinces. But to me, he would similarly play his football, do or die. Sarri is doing it and he's rightly criticised. Tactical flexibility is extremely underrated.
:agree:

That's why you need a top coach with more strings to his bow than one philosophy.

People really underestimated just how intelligent Allegri was at coming up with different tactics often during games and adapting to the situation.

Juventus and traditionally a well managed club at board level. That's why it is so surprising to go with a coach who has one philosophy. That mentality is never going to be stable over the long run and never going to work.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’ve always been anti Sarri but Tici did him no favors with the roster he constructed. The question is do you give him another season with players that better fit his style (Arthur, Kulu, etc) or do you axe him and find someone that can actually adapt when plan A doesn’t work?

I‘m not gonna say I can’t believe I’m saying this, because I knew I’d eventually say it again, but I miss Allegri.

If pep isn’t an option, give me Gasperini.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Sensible post.

In fact we shoudl tackle both problems: shit midfield and not good enough coach.

We need to assemble a great midfield and bring in a coach who is willing to play on possesion and work on attacking methods.Not just field the matuidis and bernas because he doesnt know how to set up an attacking team against the sassuolos.
Hyddes back!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im always here! in the shadows!

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve always been anti Sarri but Tici did him no favors with the roster he constructed. The question is do you give him another season with players that better fit his style (Arthur, Kulu, etc) or do you axe him and find someone that can actually adapt when plan A doesn’t work?

I‘m not gonna say I can’t believe I’m saying this, because I knew I’d eventually say it again, but I miss Allegri.

I love how Gasp is managing Atalanta... but i fear that he would fail to replicate that here because of the difference in team and aspirations.

At least he coached us once already.

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004

Sarri did better with his Napoli than Gasperini does with his Atalanta

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Sarri did better with his Napoli than Gasperini does with his Atalanta

please compare Napolis payroll to Atalantas. They weren’t Juventus but they still had great talent. A prime Higuain for example.

And the season ain’t over either, and Atalantas CL bracket looks pretty juicy. Shit the way Sarris side is playing, the scudetto dream is still alive as well.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
please compare Napolis payroll to Atalantas. They weren’t Juventus but they still had great talent. A prime Higuain for example.

And the season ain’t over either, and Atalantas CL bracket looks pretty juicy. Shit the way Sarris side is playing, the scudetto dream is still alive as well.
Gasperini get that kind of payroll when he manage Inter, and he lose against fucking Novara and Trabzonspor

I dont think he is a big club coach that can handle the pressure to win everything. He is good and great when it is low expectation and he exceeded that expectation

Atalanta now remind me with Udinese years ago when they farm youngster to sell for money

If we failed this season and eventually get him for the sake of entertaining football, I hope Sarri goes to Fiorentina and take Higuain with him

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
35 goals conceded in 33 matches

officially the worst defense since the delneri days

grazie mister
But he was brought in to transform us into a playing beautiful, possession-based, attacking football that is a joy to watch

remember?

- - - Updated - - -

This club has been trending in a downward direction since firing Marotta.

Honestly Sarri = Delneri and Paratici is just another Secco, with more money to spend.

If we somehow win this title, and we keep this clown coaching us, we won’t win anything next year. The rest of the teams in this league aren’t scared of us anymore, they know we are weak. Unless massive changes are made, I can definitely see a Milan/Inter style free fall.
But but wait Paratici and Nedved did the right thing to fire Max (of force him out)

I dare you to name another executive to sign both CR7 and a talent like MDL. Great success. Now tell me who else has ever achieved such accomplishments?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Just out of his depth, luckily for him, we should pass Lyon cause they arnt playing league football, so he'll get a CL pass no matter how hard we get molested in the next leg by a real team. I'd like to think the board know he is no the man for the job cause it's so obvious, but this is the same board that have been ignoring our midfield deficiencies for many years so who have ignored our midfield for many years, would honestly take Pioli over him.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
All the talk about firing him needs to halt. It's not going to happen because he will meet the criteria that management set for him last summer which was to win the league. CL QFs but that is really irrelevant in the context of winning it all.

As mentioned before he would have to be truly incompetent to not win Serie A this season

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Lucky we have a better H2H against Inter and Atalanta. We don’t have a better record against Lazio (so far) but I don’t expect them to challenge anymore anyway

Either or, this guy needs to fuck off ASAP. Our lowest ebb as a team since 2010.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
A repeat of his Chelsea stint. Terrible end to the season, but his opponents have an even more terrible run helping him reach his goal. At least he's lucky. Maybe that'll help us in the CL :boh:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's so unlikable. He's a classless bigot with zero charm and charisma. His tactics are ass, his excuses are pathetic, and his disposition is unbefitting of an elite club.

What is there to actually like about this chain smoking bus driver?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All that celebration over beating Genoa, Lecce, Bologna, Torino. The defense was fixed and great, the attack was dominant, Sarriball was amazing. 4 bottom half of the table teams. :lol:

Play 3 teams in the top half of the table. Go winless, 2 pts in 3 matches. Get outplayed badly in all 3. Outshot and outpossessed (what happened to dominant possession football lol?). Concede 9 goals :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)