Maurizio Sarri (51 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
why can't our players pass the ball more than 3 times before losing it.

what happened to holding posession?

allegri destoryed the concept of possession footbal that conte built. and sarri is well. i dont know what sarri is trying to do.
Allegri was all about posession football, especially after we have taken the lead in games.
Bozo the clown plays a direct style with possession here and there that works against weak opponents, while pressing like mad Men.
When a team that can evade the press is played then it's lights out, because if fullbacks and mids are taken out of the game in the middle of the pitch then you only have the cb' to worry about.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wish it was but we are dropping like a stone at the moment.

It's hard to see where the next win is coming. As many have said for a few weeks this Scudetto is far from secured.
Lazio in such bad form that it kinda is. That’s our toughest match left and they have collected 1 pt from 12 the last 4 matches.

Damn lucky our main competition absolutely shit the bed this month. And then those penalty kicks saving our bacon against Atalanta after they completely dominated us or they’d only be +4 on them right now.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
A year on and I now hate Sarri more than I did back when we appointed him (that’s an impressive achievement for him because I did t thing that was possible)

As much as Paratici has built him a squad with gaping holes there is no really excuse for the lack of focus he has given the players and their complete failure to buy into his tactics. I remember the Juve that used to show grinta and come up with an 89th minute winner to grind out a result that wins you the championship. A Sarri team is far more likely to throw it away in the last minute.

I hope to god this is his first and last season with us

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A repeat of his Chelsea stint. Terrible end to the season, but his opponents have an even more terrible run helping him reach his goal. At least he's lucky. Maybe that'll help us in the CL :boh:
Only one opponent, Lazio.

Atalanta and inter are doing fine. Also remember when he was at Napoli, leading Serie A and won over Juve. What happened in Fiorentina the week after? And the coming games? The crumble that we are seeing now

- - - Updated - - -

All that celebration over beating Genoa, Lecce, Bologna, Torino. The defense was fixed and great, the attack was dominant, Sarriball was amazing. 4 bottom half of the table teams. :lol:

Play 3 teams in the top half of the table. Go winless, 2 pts in 3 matches. Get outplayed badly in all 3. Outshot and outpossessed (what happened to dominant possession football lol?). Concede 9 goals :sergio:
Do you remember the gloating and the digging of posts?

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I thought we had the biggest squad out there with so many options for rotation. What has happened? There are periods in our games when the team can't take the ball for 10-15 minutes and look completely lost. Disgraceful.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I thought we had the biggest squad out there with so many options for rotation. What has happened? There are periods in our games when the team can't take the ball for 10-15 minutes and look completely lost. Disgraceful.
Exactly.. and our opponents with thinner squads and less options that us, playing as regularly as we are look fitter, fresher and more up for it...

why are we spending so much money and only performing moderately better than teams on 1% of our budget

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I thought we had the biggest squad out there with so many options for rotation. What has happened?...
our rotation since the break:
- vs bologna: 4 subs, only defender sub was because of mds's injury
- vs lecce: 3 subs, one of them was muratore, zero defender subs
- vs genoa: 5 subs, 4 of them after 3-0, zero defender subs
- vs torino: 3 subs, zero defender subs. we led 3-1 after 61 minutes.

de ligt and bonucci played all games without a single minute of rest. one played with a bad shoulder all along, the other has some heel pain since who knows when.

only on 1 occasion sarri used all of his 5 subs. these matches were all won after an hour.

but but but those who voiced their concerns about insufficient squad rotation at sarri's napoli are anti-sarri degenerates

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It's about rotation for sure, but not only about it. It looks like Atalanta and Sassuolo, possibly also a Milan all prepared better physically. They play quicker, they move quicker. I hope, I really do, that Sarri planned to get there physically on time with CL, otherwise it's just blatant incompetence.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's about rotation for sure, but not only about it.
let's be clear, nobody said that. it's only an element of the whole picture. our physical, mental and tactical preparation was wrong for the last two games, and while we played genuinely great vs milan for an hour, we collapsed like a house of cards after an unlucky incident.

this is not a well prepared team, it's clear to see. some players may lack motivation, some players might lack skill, but that was the case with every single juventus since day 1 of our current winning cycle.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
let's be clear, nobody said that. it's only an element of the whole picture. our physical, mental and tactical preparation was wrong for the last two games, and while we played genuinely great vs milan for an hour, we collapsed like a house of cards after an unlucky incident.

this is not a well prepared team, it's clear to see. some players may lack motivation, some players might lack skill, but that was the case with every single juventus since day 1 of our current winning cycle.
yeah, I meant our physical issues I think are not caused by a lack of rotation. And I don't see a lack of motivation tbh, even Pjanic tries, but we just can't keep up. The skill of a team allows us to grind at least a point here and point there. We often start to dominate after 75+ min when the opposite team is also out of gas and skills come into play.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We need 3 wins in the remaining 5 matches and other teams can't do shit, we win Scudetto.

Still, I really don't have faith in this guy that he can get those 9 points.

Most of the teams we will face probably won't have anything to fight for soon enough (Udinese, Samp, Cagliari, Roma), but we have been so average in last few rounds. When we start a match I'm not felling confident that we can win it.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Lazio in such bad form that it kinda is. That’s our toughest match left and they have collected 1 pt from 12 the last 4 matches.

Damn lucky our main competition absolutely shit the bed this month. And then those penalty kicks saving our bacon against Atalanta after they completely dominated us or they’d only be +4 on them right now.
Our main competitor is Atalanta at this point. They will beat Inter and Milan easy. Lazio will give their 100% against us. And we might drop pointa again and close the gap between us and Atalanta. Imagine last game, Juve vs Roma and Atalanta vs Inter as title decider.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Lets tidy up the league with a bit of attacking play then go all in for the CL Napoli style: 100% defence, practice them penalties, win the CL without scoring and conceding, go down in history. If we can beat Lazio we break hearts and minds then rescue SMS this Summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)