Maurizio Sarri (143 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That match, getting spanked by Inzaghi’s Lazio twice, and the two cup finals losses (both badly outplayed) have reinforced my opinion that Sarri just doesn’t fit at a club like Juventus.

Still, until he gets sacked, I hope he proves us all wrong and wins something.
I'm over it tbh

I said that I'll reserve judgement until June (back in September) but really what is the point?

Serie A is shouldn't be an obstacle and yet we're still barely edging that out atm. Despite the deficiencies we see in our squad, it's still superior to any other side domestically.

CL is and always will be a long shot for a manager of his caliber.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sarri was on to something before Covid. I blame Covid for the situation we're in. In a few weeks we'll be back to a strong point again. Hopefully just in time for Lyon.
We'll beat Lyon, advance in CL and win the Scudetto. Sign Aouar and give Sarri another season here.
:rofl: :howler: You must be on something if you think he was onto something. Either that, or you're one massive troll.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
:rofl: :howler: You must be on something if you think he was onto something. Either that, or you're one massive troll.
He was onto shiet. All he could boast about was the inter win before the lock down.

Having said that, no coaches in the world could make our current crop of midfielders work, unless it is to abandon all of them and use defenders and attackers in their place instead. That was Pep’s vision when he came for an interview but the club was not convinced, due to financial reasons. When he came to Juve for an interview in 2019, he suggested:

CR7———hig———costa
—manbro——-bon———
————dybala—————-
AS—-chie—rug——cuad

He was convinced that this will work. But the board rejected it because it would bring he value of Pjanic khedira bentancur and Matuidi down, causing it difficult to sell them in the future.

See, the problem is that decent coaches would know that we have the players to win games, probably even sarri. But it is our board that pressurizes the coach to select players to preserve market value. Hence we are here being treated to this shitshow.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The most depressing thing is his complete tactical inflexibility during the game (exceptions did occur, but they have been negligibly rare). I bet when he tries inserting a USB stick and it doesn't fit the first time he keeps trying doing it without spinning it for 90 minutes, and then just decides that it was actually not that important to copy those files.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I said it when he was hired and I’ll say it again. His loser mentality aligns with the what management expects.

They lowered the bar by hiring him.

they then proceeded to publicly lower the bar on expectations for him in his first season.
They lowered the bar when they went from conte to Allegri. That gamble paid off, I think they had too much confidence and in so much arrogance to think they have some sort of Midas touch to turn Sarri into some sorta world class coach. The Juve DNA is real but not for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
How was it lowering the bar?
Because of what Allegri was before he came to Juve. At Milan his first season was great but that's all he had to his career, there were 'riots' here when we hired him. Granted the circumstances meant we were limited and not many Italian coaches have a league to their name but it was underwhelming at the time.

Most of us had thought it's end of an era but far from it, it was infact start of a beautiful one. It paid off and most of us were wrong to doubt the management. It's exactly why I was willing to give the management a chance on Sarri, without making too much fuss.. though this time I admit they got it so wrong.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
When Allegri was training Milan, his team played very well in the CL, even when their squad was way worse than it used to be. I remember that they were often facing Barcelona (that Barcelona) back then, and each time before the game I anticipated them to be destroyed. But regardless the roster Allegri often managed to have a very solid game, and sometimes all he needed for his team to perform even better was just a bit of luck to compensate the lack of class of the players. Even then he was on another level in CL compared to the tormenting struggle Juventus had with Conte at helm.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
They lowered the bar when they went from conte to Allegri. That gamble paid off, I think they had too much confidence and in so much arrogance to think they have some sort of Midas touch to turn Sarri into some sorta world class coach. The Juve DNA is real but not for everyone.

Hmm. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I can see how (some) people would have that idea.

But I also wouldn't say replacing Allegri with Sarri is lowering the bar. It's removing the bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)