Maurizio Sarri (55 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-154685&menu=news-all

This is what I'm saying about Sarri but from the mouth of a different manager, trying to make a change in system and style isn't that easy. People saying let's get Gasperini but I think he'll do no better. We need a yes manager who's happy with the sub human signings so just rule out the likes of Pep and Klopp.
I wanted to post this too.
He has to be little bit more flexibile and get through this year. Then next year he can shuffle this team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Everyone who thinks our football might become better next season is delusional. 12 months further and we still haven't found a formation or starting 11. Seems like he's just simply lost.
The same people who said our football would get better as the season went on. There is no doubt in my mind we have gradually played worse football as the season progressed with the sole exception being against Inter.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Some managers are just not cut out for top teams,
Gasp is one of them, Atalanta is his level, maybe a Lazio but thats it.
Sarri is in the same mold, good manager for an EL team (if they don't want to compete in europe that is) if he has the time and recruitment to build the team.
He is just not in that top echelon of manager that we should have

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Some managers are just not cut out for top teams,
Gasp is one of them, Atalanta is his level, maybe a Lazio but thats it.
Sarri is in the same mold, good manager for an EL team (if they don't want to compete in europe that is) if he has the time and recruitment to build the team.
He is just not in that top echelon of manager that we should have
And how many titles have Inter won since firing Gasp?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I have a feeling the players are also starting to turn against him. I hope it’s the case, not usually a fan of player revolts, but this guy has zero idea so far, doesn’t have the charisma or authority to stamp his mark on this team. We need drastic changes ASAP.
Anytime there are reports saying the opposite that is a clear sign that a mutiny may be brewing

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
And how many titles has Gasperini won in his life?

Just another Guidolin.
Thats not the point. Gasp is a success story with Atalanta. While Inter have been a failure since then.
While Gasp has done impressive work at Atalanta he's still not Juve caliber.

Conte had DNA - but the goal was to regain domestic dominance - not continental dominance.

Max was a gem - the goal was to compete to achieve continental dominance

Sarri is who we all (at least the wise majority) thought he was which is a provincial side manager at best. Management lowered the bar (and obviously standards) to domestic success by hiring him.

Gasperini doesn't have his name etched into any silverware so hiring another unaccomplished coach to manage a club with the highest aspirations is incongruent. Which was the case last June.

The best chance this club has at continental dominance atm is to hire someone who is not Italian. But we cannot do that because it goes against some implicit nationistic policy that was instituted sometime in the summer of 2007 after earning promotion.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
imo, they won't sack Sarri unless things have completely fallen apart. The squad has turned completely against him or we go 2-3 more consecutive games without a win.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
imo, they won't sack Sarri unless things have completely fallen apart. The squad has turned completely against him or we go 2-3 more consecutive games without a win.
the last 2 we ended on a draw advancing by aggregate and lost on PKs. I say that 2 out of the 3 already checked.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
usually idgaf about public opinion, but this time i'm really curious: in the middle of the depression caused by the coppa fiasco, do anyone still believe in scudetto? can we have a voting thread @Mark ?

Jun 16, 2020
Gasperini is perfect in place at Atalanta. Leave him there. One of the teams I like to see playing in Serie A. He’s been the coach of our primavera in the ‘90s if I’m not mistaken.

We should not forget that Gasperini, Inzaghi and even Sarri (at Napoli) had years to construct their teams without much pressure. We demand results from the start.

For now I’d say Inzaghi is the most interesting manager in Serie A. Finished 8th last season but won the Coppa, without that wouldn’t even played EL this season. I saw the final, tactical and physical match from both sides, Correa scored a the winning goal.

Perhaps Allegri will return after all. He wants the PL but I don’t think a nice club will be available. Zidane also returned at Real Madrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)