Maurizio Sarri (151 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Man you type too much,no way I got enough time in a working day to address you esseys on how much you dislike Sarri :D

With Sarri getting better results than expected I meant how much points we've gathered in Serie A and how convincingly we qualified from CL group, Sarri is a slow starter and I didnt expect him to start as strong.

Juve being top of the table and qualified for CL knockouts is to be expected and might be called bare minimum. Juve being on pace for a 92 point season and qualifying with 2 rounds to spare in CL however is not a bare minimum, thats a really good performance results wise for a coach that just started.
Perks of being a government employee I guess, got all the time in the day to do anything but my work. :D

I dont really dislike the guy, just dont rate him high enough and think we could and can do better, also hes not really helping himself with his past acts and comments as a rival, his recent comments as a manager, I feel hes too stubborn to expect him to admit a mistake and take the blame, from which there goes the will for a change or fix a problem and those type of things define a man - smart men make mistakes and fuck ups, then admit, apologize and accept it and make everything they can to fix it. I dont see Sarri as that guy, hence the reason why Im not a fan.

Losing a random Serie A game doesnt worry me, plenty of chances to correct the slip up. What bothers me is being outsmarted twice in two weeks by the same man and team, and that resembles a KO elimination duel in CL, with Allegri he got the first game wrong several times but bar Ajax he always took notes, did his homework and prepared his team (almost) perfectly for the second leg, even Bayern away and Real away, he was seconds away from eliminating both of them in a very solid display and manly performances.

Sarri couldnt do that for the Supercup and we didnt actually see an improved tactics or performance, that is a big issue but so far nothing unfixable happened. However, from next month on if he fails to address a weakness in a first leg game and dont prepare properly the team for the second leg, result will be the same and its bye bye Europe. And that is a big problem and a task I feel would prove to be too much for him, time will tell.

What I wish to point out is that Im not like some people who predict a failure/disaster and then wish for the team to lose and fail just so that they can prove a point and "history to prove them right". On the contrary, I wish I have misjudged Sarri and he manages to deliver big time, I couldnt care less about my personal predictions and feelings if my team is winning and is successful. So I wish at the end its you who got it right, but Im also a betting man and I wouldnt bet on that, not at the moment at least. Cheers.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Perks of being a government employee I guess, got all the time in the day to do anything but my work. :D

I dont really dislike the guy, just dont rate him high enough and think we could and can do better, also hes not really helping himself with his past acts and comments as a rival, his recent comments as a manager, I feel hes too stubborn to expect him to admit a mistake and take the blame, from which there goes the will for a change or fix a problem and those type of things define a man - smart men make mistakes and fuck ups, then admit, apologize and accept it and make everything they can to fix it. I dont see Sarri as that guy, hence the reason why Im not a fan.

Losing a random Serie A game doesnt worry me, plenty of chances to correct the slip up. What bothers me is being outsmarted twice in two weeks by the same man and team, and that resembles a KO elimination duel in CL, with Allegri he got the first game wrong several times but bar Ajax he always took notes, did his homework and prepared his team (almost) perfectly for the second leg, even Bayern away and Real away, he was seconds away from eliminating both of them in a very solid display and manly performances.

Sarri couldnt do that for the Supercup and we didnt actually see an improved tactics or performance, that is a big issue but so far nothing unfixable happened. However, from next month on if he fails to address a weakness in a first leg game and dont prepare properly the team for the second leg, result will be the same and its bye bye Europe. And that is a big problem and a task I feel would prove to be too much for him, time will tell.

What I wish to point out is that Im not like some people who predict a failure/disaster and then wish for the team to lose and fail just so that they can prove a point and "history to prove them right". On the contrary, I wish I have misjudged Sarri and he manages to deliver big time, I couldnt care less about my personal predictions and feelings if my team is winning and is successful. So I wish at the end its you who got it right, but Im also a betting man and I wouldnt bet on that, not at the moment at least. Cheers.
Cheers :beer: Am a gov employee as well only its the opposite for me, never worked as hard when I was in the private sector as I am working now :D

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
Personally i am happy with Sarri so far. the only common they share with Allegri is that most of the fans where against their appointment in the first place.
but they totally different type Coaches.

Allegri is probably the best tactician around regarding to find and exploit enemy weakness.
Sarri is more about his ideas of football and players given enough freedom to perform. its the main reason why Dybala and Ronaldo are performing better this year.
And the same reason our weak midfielders are a way worst.(aka Matuidi)

Every Coach have pros and cons.
i will rate Sarri in the end of season but so far he is doing pretty well for the players he has in his disposal.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Allegri and even Andrea Agnelli have a great relationship with him (said by him himself) there are pictures of them together

He was made a scapegoat and never match fixed. The worst he has done is making recommendations on getting refs that had better reputation
He's just as bad as others and was a scapegoat. I'll be greatful for his work prior the farsopoli, he built a great juve for a decade and we were simply awesome. It's the Juve I fell in love with. He ain't no Angel but his no devil either unlike some here make him out to be. For me, he is and always will be Uno di noi. As for his criticizing and so on I won't read too much into it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Am not against Sarri yet,

but all who blame him for the loss .... what are the solutions based on your views , duirng the game ?

we are a team lack the contribution from the middle ...nothing ...

what i saw :

Cuad is trying ...a cross

Alex ...a cross

the trident sunk in the crowd ....

Bonucci ...a long pass ....

just tell me here what we should do ...knowing Ramsey is nothing to rely on ...

we have no midfield to find solutions in such games:

no shoot from distance ....

no key passes

no long passes

but any way ... we will be just lucky if we win this Scudetto and of course CL dream is officially finished ...

the pattern is repeating itself every game ....
Selling can for 25 mil to Dortmund and buy Eriksen for 20m

Loan bernardeschi for 5 mill+wages with 30 mill option to buy (became obligation for certain condition) to cover for Eriksen wages

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
because his filthy dealings almost destroyed the club and what does he do now? frequently critisize current management, players etc.

regardless of whether he is complimenting or dissing the club him simply being around and in anyway associated with juventus is negative a stain on the image/ new brand the club is trying to build.

there's a reason, post calciopoli, Agnelli and co have put a lot of effort into rebranding the club and even if nostalgic fans arent keen its the right move but Moggi is the toxic, alcoholic leech from our past who doesnt mind disrupting the progress we've made as long as he gets some booze money.
What is it exactly that he did?

May 23, 2013
Personally i am happy with Sarri so far. the only common they share with Allegri is that most of the fans where against their appointment in the first place.
but they totally different type Coaches.

Allegri is probably the best tactician around regarding to find and exploit enemy weakness.
Sarri is more about his ideas of football and players given enough freedom to perform. its the main reason why Dybala and Ronaldo are performing better this year.
And the same reason our weak midfielders are a way worst.(aka Matuidi)

Every Coach have pros and cons.
i will rate Sarri in the end of season but so far he is doing pretty well for the players he has in his disposal.
Good post, others can learn from you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What's there not to like about the chain smoking cancer? I mean we've only lost twice in the league (very unlucky might I add), once in the supercup (meaningless competition), and remain undefeated both in Europe and at our stadium. We've been playing some stellar footie, easily dismantling and dispatching our opponents while barely allowing them a sniff of our own goal.

Europe should cower in fear - those peasants have no idea what Black Bambii, Burnturdeski, and Danilo have in store for them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What's there not to like about the chain smoking cancer? I mean we've only lost twice in the league (very unlucky might I add), once in the supercup (meaningless competition), and remain undefeated both in Europe and at our stadium. We've been playing some stellar footie, easily dismantling and dispatching our opponents while barely allowing them a sniff of our own goal.

Europe should cower in fear - those peasants have no idea what Black Bambii, Burnturdeski, and Danilo have in store for them.
Don't forget that we improved every aspect of our game.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
For those that understand Italian, here is the actual quote

Sarri è finito nel mirino dei social anche per una battuta pronunciata in conferenza stampa sui mancati rigori: "I rigori con le maglie a strisce?Quest'anno non abbiamo le strisce e infatti ne abbiamo avuti pochi, forse bisogna ritornare alle vecchie maglie

“The penalties with the striped shirts? This year we don’t have the stripes and we’ve only had a few (penalties) maybe we have to go back to the old shirts”

- - - Updated - - -

It was meant as a “joke” but still...FFS nobody can actually defend him for saying shit like that especially after saying he doesn’t mind losing against Napoli.
:inter:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stop overreacting, he didn't say "I don't mind losing to Napoli", he literally said "If we were to lose to anyone I'm glad it was Napoli". It's understandable and not the end of the world. Move on.
Where did anyone imply that?

He did in fact say that he doesn't mind losing especially that he inherited a winning team and winning again will be tough. As for the rest :lol2:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
What would sarri need to accompish this season for people to thiunk hes done a good job? League and...? Semi final of CL? Win it? Whats the expectation for this season?
League , at least final in the copa Italia and at least semis cl.
An improvement on the previous season all around.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)