Maurizio Sarri (36 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Fabregas on Sarri: He is very superstitious, he is very stubborn in this way.

"He is a manager with his own ideas and he doesn't move from them much.

"He has an idea of how he wants to play and the football that he really wants to play. He doesn't move from it. No matter what you tell him, no matter what you advise him, no matter what your opinion is, he will never change.
So Fabregas gives advises now :lol2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This is still not Sarri's Juventus
Juventus are seven months into Maurizio Sarri’s tenure and still no closer to playing his style of football, writes Tommaso Adami.

We are practically in March and Maurizio Sarri is still saying exactly the same things he did when taking over from Max Allegri in July. It was evident during most of his Chelsea tenure too that his style of football only works when the ball is moved quickly, when movements are well-drilled and the pass is made to the space where the player will be rather than where the nearest player already stands. So are players resistant to his ideas or is Sarri just not very good at getting those concepts across?
It’s not all bad, of course, because Juventus comfortably qualified for the Round of 16 with 16 out 18 points from the group stage. Currently, they are sitting first in Serie A, with an average of 2.6 points per game. Olympique Lyonnais, on the other hand, have only collected 37 points in 26 games, they sit seventh in Ligue 1 and managed to survive the Champions League group stage by the skin of their teeth. Last night's game was the ultimate proof that, in football, numbers and records often don't account for much.
In fact, only two full months into the New Year and three away from the Istanbul Final, Juventus lost their first tie in the Champions League this season. Interestingly, the 1-0 defeat at the hands of Lyon represents only the second match across all competitions in which Sarri's men have been held goalless ever since drawing 0-0 to Fiorentina in September. For the first time in 32 games, not even the team's brightest stars were able to shine enough to cover up an all-round disappointing team performance.
Since the very start of the game, Rudi Garcia's men defended with great stamina and determination, making it difficult for the visitors to find the necessary space to unleash their attacking firepower. Lyon's gameplan looked pretty straightforward: defend with five men at all times, sit back, break the opponent's momentum, and try to capitalise on the counter. The plan worked well, often forcing Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo to drop deep to get the ball and respectively switch positions with Rodrigo Bentancur and Adrien Rabiot upfront.
The Bianconeri dominated possession, but aside from an insidious ball in from Ronaldo, they struggled to create clear chances.
Houssem Aouar escaped far too easily from Bentancur on the left flank, got to the byline and awarded Lucas Tousart's run down the middle with a perfect mid-air assist in the box.
Despite looking livelier in the second half, the Bianconeri still moved the ball too slowly and were no threat to Garcia's well-organised defence. At the 62nd minute, Sarri substituted Pjanic after yet another drab performance that got fans wondering what happened to their once mighty midfield leader.
Juventus took their first shot anywhere near the target at the 80th minute, yet nobody made the most out of the chances that ensued. Both Dybala and substitute Gonzalo Higuain shot wide from good positions, while Ronaldo misplaced a header in extra time.
A 1-0 away defeat to Lyon shouldn't be too difficult a result to overturn for a team like Juventus. However, this was just the latest of a number of highly disappointing performances put in by Sarri and his men over the course of the season.
Be it that the players are still adapting to a new coach and system, that Sarri has been experimenting line ups and rotating different players, fans have had enough and are asking for results, consistency and cohesion.
Sarri insists the ball moves at twice the speed in training than in a match situation, so is the issue psychological? Should there be more intensive training sessions with the youth team or a local side providing some sort of opposition they can get accustomed to? Why did Napoli embrace Sarri’s style so perfectly and yet now both Chelsea and Juventus have proved resistant to the basic tenets?
Whatever the reason, Juventus have to find the solution quickly or this risks becoming a completely wasted campaign.

Looooool :sarrismo::sorryball::fab::fab3::pavel::jack::malta:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Fabregas the home/marriage wrecker giving advice even though he got humbled at Barcelona, Chelsea and Monaco.
Fuck Fabregas indeed, but he's not entirely wrong. Fabregas may have wrecked a home or a marriage, but the chain smoking cancerous fraud parading as a coach has wrecked an entire team, possibly an entire season, and frustrated that team's fanbase.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Im not in favor of an Allegri return as I think we should go forward with someone like Inzaghi but I cant stand another Sarri game.. I hope we fire him as quickly as possible
Allegri is still under contract IIRC so it wouldnt even cost us money to "re-hire" him..

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
What I got from his interview is basically that he lost his players. If they aren't listening either he sucks at getting the message across or they simply don't want to listen.

Either way if nothing changes and the players won't embrace his ideas (or he won't adapt to whatever works with the players he's got) it'll get to the point where staying will do more harm to this team than leaving. I was totally against firing him mid season but I'm starting to change my mind.

Aug 12, 2015
Im not in favor of an Allegri return as I think we should go forward with someone like Inzaghi but I cant stand another Sarri game.. I hope we fire him as quickly as possible
Allegri is still under contract IIRC so it wouldnt even cost us money to "re-hire" him..
Zidane will be also available in the summer ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Are their any rumors that he could be sacked very soon??

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Same thing happened at Chelsea. He said he cant motivate the players in press conference.

This guy simply isnt good enough. People talk about good football etc. He has no success to back it. Huge gamble signing. Its one thing to sign a young (ish) upcoming manager who can grow with age (Poch/Inzaghi). This is not the case with Sarri. Huge gamble from day one.

And while i still think 1:0 loss isnt end of world as we overturned 2:0 same time last year i have no trust in Sarri. Its more about Ronaldo and maybe one or two bringing their best game 2nd leg.

This has to be his last season with us. Go back to ur beloved Napoli.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think more so if we get eliminated in CL. Even if we lose to Inter, we still have a chance.
we were 4 points up on inda, then lost to sarri's beloved napoli, and we lost to hellas. those matches should have be won, no two ways about it. sarri cost us a comfortable lead in the league, a miserable 1st leg in the coppa against a milan team being carried by a ~40-year-old former class player, and an unacceptable, nauseating loss to a passionate, but meh lyon team. this is the worst lyon of the last couple of years, and they beat us deservedly.

i think sarri had enough chances. the moment he loses the 1st place in the league he should be sacked, no questions asked.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Perhaps his luck is running out?

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully not at Juve’s expense though!... the Inter game will sure tell us a lot more about where we are, especially whether it’s reversible or not because frankly i just can’t imagine us looking more disconnected than we already have been lately, he needs to sort this shit out, and fast, before it’s too late.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I don’t think sacking him would even do a thing right now. June couldn’t come soon enough for me.
I think we don't want to do that but before risking the chance going out CL and losing Scudetto, the management could sack Sarri right after this match (or after the match with Inter) and have Allegri as a caretaker to the end of the season. Allegri is not new to the team and is still on our payroll, he knows how to motivate the team who has stopped listening to Sarri.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
If Allegri isn't available then I don't see who could come in and help this team. My worry with a Sarri sacking is that I see no evidence that the team will improve, if Sarri lost the dressing room and we have sulkers in the squad they'll become useless like the numerous Chelsea squads that regularly get their managers sacked. Look at how Lampard has had to chop most of the team even though they got into the CL and won the EL, the place is toxic. Ronaldo, Dybala, Ramsey, Bonucci and De Ligt showed some fight and passion last night, until the rest do the same I can't see how a new manager will help. Even Sarri was shouting at them last night, he was the most animated I've ever seen. It a difficult one but if that tosser Pjanic put in some effort we might look like a completely different team.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don’t think sacking him would even do a thing right now. June couldn’t come soon enough for me.
yeah, man, it sucks either way. i just can't see sarri being able to motivate and properly manage his squad at all. if we lose the lead in the league, i don't see how sarri can turn our fortunes around.

i just want him to play chiellini. at least giorgio understands what juventus is about. chiellini + de ligt, no pjanic, and let's see if it's enough for anything.

yeah, summer can't come too soon. :dule:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)