Maurizio Sarri (119 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I remember this very well. Conte was also classy before he lost it at one point.
He lost the plot at the beginning of the 13/14 season. From the obsession to the points record, his extreme stubborn insistence to the 3-5-2 and the European failures. Was also whinging about us being “severely weakened” after we sold Giaccherini :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Imagine you have 3 Matuidi's in midfield, we would never concede because they'd recover the ball almost immediately. When these Matuidi clones go forward they'll lose the ball and then back to recover it again. We probably won't score because they can't pass well enough to set up an attack.

Imagine 3 Pjanic, they'll get bypassed and we'd be stuck defending most of the game. However, if they get possession then they would maybe create a goal scoring chance because they have the technical ability.

They need each other to do well so Bentancur was the best player to balance the midfield. He defends and brings the ball forward, runs a lot and can pass well. When he came off we put another Matuidi type on so we lost our attacking ability.

What could Sarri do? After Cuadrado goes off we can't link midfield to attack so it's game over, even with Can on we couldn't do it. We didn't have wingers to break so having a trident of Higuain, Ronaldo and Dybala won't work unless you have someone like Bentancur or Ramsey to break from midfield and play the attackers around the box.

His hands were tied, under the circumstances you can only go for a draw considering Lazio have 5 in midfield. His criticism of Berna and Dybala is justified, that get you knocked out in CL. With a fit squad we smash Lazio and keep a clean sheet.
4-2-3-1 to start the second half.

The less midfielders this team fields the better. Pjanic and Matuidi as the fulcrum. Could have put MDS on at RB and moved Cuadrado forward to his actual position. Dybala at #10, Ronaldo on the left, but wherever he wants really and Gonzalo as the striker.

Not that the stubborn ape would ever try something out of the ordinary. He’s not at all like the world class and extremely amazing manager we had just a season ago.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
it's on the pic: same number of points, 1st place on the table, 31 goals scored compared to 26 this season, only 6 goals conceded (15 this season), a goal difference of +25 compared to this year's +11. and let's not forget that in theory, we have the strongest squad, and a lot more international experience than a couple of years ago. we also have forwards like cr, dybala and higuain, and we scored less goals than conte's team with matri, quagliarella and vucinic. we also have the weakest defense of these seasons.

one can argue that it's not an emergency and looking at the results, there's no need to panic, and i agree with that. 2 points off the pace is okay. but these numbers are worrying to say the least, and it could have been a lot, lot worse if we're not lucky with koulibaly's puskas award winning own goal and that last minute penalty against genoa. we just don't create enough, the team is too predictable in attack despite that large number of shots, and the team as a whole have to defend a lot more effectively. szczesny is our mvp so far this season, and it says a lot. 2015-16 started way worse than this season, and the team (not allegri, the team) produced a run of 20-something matches unbeaten, with one single draw against bologna iirc. this club (not sarri, this club) is capable of turning its fortune around, we proved it plenty of times.

bottom line is that with this zonal marking, high defensive shit and no width to the team, we'll have issues. so yeah, back to the drawing board.
All that's well and good, but what's our xG? I was told we need to fire Max because our xG was low and that someone like Sarri would bring that up. Do we have any of that xG good stuff yet?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We've started going down hill, by early February the locker room should be in full revolt.

Zero tituli this year, most likely next season too.

It ain't even Sarri's fault, it's Paracitey and his antics.

Apr 19, 2007
We already qualified for the next round. Like that's a succes criteria lol.
Sarcasm Yes we qualified with 2 games left. Lost our first game in December with a ton of Injuries,new coach/tactics, and also a bunch of new players. Not a terrible start. If we get Costa/ramsey fit we will be a great team. If not we will struggle in the CL this season but probably still win the league

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sarcasm Yes we qualified with 2 games left. Lost our first game in December with a ton of Injuries,new coach/tactics, and also a bunch of new players. Not a terrible start. If we get Costa/ramsey fit we will be a great team. If not we will struggle in the CL this season but probably still win the league
:lol:

Right-o

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We wont win the league? Or we wont be good if our two AM options are healthy?
People seem to agree that our attack right now isnt fluid and cant break down defense. Also that Berna is terrible but the fact that our two starters at that position being out doesnt seem to help the situation
We wont win the league and we wont be good with Ramsey or Costa starting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What is the slightest indication that we will recover from this and go to win the league? Douglas Costa plays one game and is sidelined seven. Ramsay the same. The new coach/tactics have only shown deterioration. I am not painting doom, I just want to know how did you get the indication that we still probably win the league.

Apr 19, 2007
What is the slightest indication that we will recover from this and go to win the league? Douglas Costa plays one game and is sidelined seven. Ramsay the same. The new coach/tactics have only shown deterioration. I am not painting doom, I just want to know how did you get the indication that we still probably win the league.
1.Without them we are still within a game.
2. I dont see us being any less healthy than right now
3. Ronaldo is in bad form currently
4. Inter cant maintain this form IMO
5. We will only continue to be better in Sarri system.

Also we act as if we have been in terrible form. We arent playing great but we are constantly getting results with injured squad and a bunch of newbies. Our best player out of form and a 20 YO cb being forced in.

What makes you think the second half of the season will be worse than this one?

- - - Updated - - -

Also we are still the heavy betting favorite right now FYI

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Also we act as if we have been in terrible form. We arent playing great but we are constantly getting results with injured squad and a bunch of newbies. Our best player out of form and a 20 YO cb being forced in.

- - - Updated - - -

The trend we have been witnessing.
The repeated injuries to key players that are supposed to make a difference.
The Sarri system that so far in December is just a myth, we are still playing grind.
The amount of goals we concede mainly due to a terrible defensive plan IMO
The lack of motivation of our best player in the league (he said that if it were up to him he would only play in the CL and national team)
Going back to trend, I see Inter trending better. I also see them strengthening in January (I have a strong feeling they will sign Vidal)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is fine and reasonable except no.5.

When a bunch of us were optimistic with Allegri no matter what that was because he proved over and over again he can get the team to play it's best when needed most (except last year). Sarri is yet to earn that trust or generally to do that with any of his previous clubs other than Napoli that one season when we almost lost the title.

I think people have just gotten used to us winning the title, doing what we need to do when we need to do it and just expect that to continue with whoever is in charge. But this is a new experience for everyone and a coach who hasn't really been in that position (or at least successful in it) with an old and injury prone team, without our captain (just imagine Cuadrado yelling at Gigi or Chiello) and probably pretty fed up with Serie A. We leak goals and sitters for opposition every game and other than first few games haven't even been able to create that much to outscore opponents.

We've got quite a number of incredibly lucky bounces our way so far. Who's to say they won't stop happening?

And one more thing I've been thinking about which ties in with being fed up with Serie A (players) - last two seasons our form and morale somewhat went down the drain after being eliminated in CL, but we haven't had the opponents to take advantage. I don't see us going far this year in CL so what happens if/when we get eliminated this season? You think Conte won't take advantage?

Apr 19, 2007
Everything is fine and reasonable except no.5.

When a bunch of us were optimistic with Allegri no matter what that was because he proved over and over again he can get the team to play it's best when needed most (except last year). Sarri is yet to earn that trust or generally to do that with any of his previous clubs other than Napoli that one season when we almost lost the title.

I think people have just gotten used to us winning the title, doing what we need to do when we need to do it and just expect that to continue with whoever is in charge. But this is a new experience for everyone and a coach who hasn't really been in that position (or at least successful in it) with an old and injury prone team, without our captain (just imagine Cuadrado yelling at Gigi or Chiello) and probably pretty fed up with Serie A. We leak goals and sitters for opposition every game and other than first few games haven't even been able to create that much to outscore opponents.

We've got quite a number of incredibly lucky bounces our way so far. Who's to say they won't stop happening?

And one more thing I've been thinking about which ties in with being fed up with Serie A (players) - last two seasons our form and morale somewhat went down the drain after being eliminated in CL, but we haven't had the opponents to take advantage. I don't see us going far this year in CL so what happens if/when we get eliminated this season? You think Conte won't take advantage?
A few things we agree on:
1. We have had a ton of INjuries to key players
2. We have been playing crap football.

I dont see our injury crisis getting worse although it could. I dont see us playing worse with crappy handballs in the box from MDL and overall lack of quality passes in the final 3rd. I would bet on Ronaldo coming good before I bet on Inter holding out.

But a lot of this is specualtion from both of us. I just see how poorly we have had it so far and expect and upturn while you think the results will drop off. I guess we will see but betting against Juve in the league and Ronaldo isnt something im going to do right now.

- - - Updated - - -

A few things we agree on:
1. We have had a ton of INjuries to key players
2. We have been playing crap football.

I dont see our injury crisis getting worse although it could. I dont see us playing worse with crappy handballs in the box from MDL and overall lack of quality passes in the final 3rd. I would bet on Ronaldo coming good before I bet on Inter holding out.

But a lot of this is specualtion from both of us. I just see how poorly we have had it so far and expect and upturn while you think the results will drop off. I guess we will see but betting against Juve in the league and Ronaldo isnt something im going to do right now.
Also Im betting that Rabiot,Ramsey, and Costa collectively play more in the second half of the season compared to the first. Khedira will play less by default and Berna too. All positive things

- - - Updated - - -

The trend we have been witnessing.
The repeated injuries to key players that are supposed to make a difference.
The Sarri system that so far in December is just a myth, we are still playing grind.
The amount of goals we concede mainly due to a terrible defensive plan IMO
The lack of motivation of our best player in the league (he said that if it were up to him he would only play in the CL and national team)
Going back to trend, I see Inter trending better. I also see them strengthening in January (I have a strong feeling they will sign Vidal)
Things I think wont happen in the second half of the season:
1. Costa and Ramsey play less
2.Ronaldo gets worse
3. MDL makes more mistakes than 1st half
4. General injurie situation is worse
5. Inter maintains point streak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)