Maurizio Sarri (67 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
some contradictions here. it's either the midfield is beyond repair and formations with 2 mids wouldn't work, or an actual manager could make the midfield tick with 2 players.

btw allegri played a cl final and comfortably won the league with pjanic and khedira, one of them allegedly being our 4th best midfielder atm and largely inferior to our legendary mmvp quartet, the other being a slow pensioner since forever according to the wise people of tuz. and the team didn't feature any proper wingers either: it was mandzukic and cuadrado on the flanks, dybala played as an am, higuain was the prima punta. i wish sarri had any of these players at his disposal. :numnum:
What I'm saying is we might as well try a formation where we need less midfielders not that it's an ideal solution just an alternative.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yes, I it is the same same statement but I could not find the quote. The players in wrong positions he named Dybala and Bernardeschi
here's the quote from his interview he gave to dazn:
https://www.tuttojuve.com/primo-pia...-bentancur-interessato-collaterale-per-495309

E' mancato il solito cinismo della Juventus. Il secondo gol è nato da una ripartenza.
"Lì non abbiamo rispettato le consegne, perchè Dybala doveva essere sulla palla e non decentrato sulla sinistra, e Bernardeschi doveva essere centrale al limite dell'area. E' una disattenzione che poi paghi, è un errore nel rispettare certe posizioni che avevamo deciso nel pre-partita, l'abbiamo pagato.
he's basically blaming these two players for the second goal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I love that 2nd worse point differential stat, so useful lol. Points wise we're largely doing the same as in previous 8 seasons, thats the stst that matters. Hopefully the team can keep it up
Hopefully we don’t keep up the most goals conceded of the past 9 years stat. And the second least goals of the last 9 years stat. And the tied for the worst goal differential of the last 9 years stat

Our point total will eventually suffer if these don’t improve.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What I'm saying is we might as well try a formation where we need less midfielders not that it's an ideal solution just an alternative.
That's one drawback of Sarri. He's not flexible to make adjustments given the limitations of the squad, atleast not from what I've seen of him so far. Allegri on the other hand was a master at it.

This is the problem with having a random mercato and leaving it to the coach to figure everything out.

Either hire a manager who could adapt to the transfer policies at the club or try to be in sync with the coach as much as possible and provide him the personnel he needs.

Except De Ligt, every other signing Paratici has made has been underwhelming upto this point.

This is a really poor success rate considering we usually get most of our signings right. Its early days but still, we are almost half way into the season. Hoping atleast one of the midfield freebies we signed step up when given the opportunity.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, I it is the same same statement but I could not find the quote. The players in wrong positions he named Dybala and Bernardeschi
I finally found the videos and I realized what was Sarri talking about.

He said that on the corner kick immediately before Cuadrado's red, Dybala and Bernardeschi, opposite of all instructions, decided to do something completely different. When we take corner kicks, Dybala is on the ball, either taking the corner kick or standing next to Pjanic, while Bernardeschi is on the line of the box (centrally), so he could either shoot if the ball gets to him, or stop a potential counter.
But in this particular situation, Bernardeschi decided to take the corner kick instead of Pjanic, while Dybala didn't stay centrally and we gave them all the space for a counter.

Watch this video, first at 6:19 for the right way of taking a corner, and then watch the comedy show at 23:57 and how Dybala and Bernardeschi didn't follow instructions and allowed them a silly counter.

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2019/12/07/lazio-vs-juventus-highlights-and-full-match/2/

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I finally found the videos and I realized what was Sarri talking about.

He said that on the corner kick immediately before Cuadrado's red, Dybala and Bernardeschi, opposite of all instructions, decided to do something completely different. When we take corner kicks, Dybala is on the ball, either taking the corner kick or standing next to Pjanic, while Bernardeschi is on the line of the box (centrally), so he could either shoot if the ball gets to him, or stop a potential counter.
But in this particular situation, Bernardeschi decided to take the corner kick instead of Pjanic, while Dybala didn't stay centrally and we gave them all the space for a counter.

Watch this video, first at 6:19 for the right way of taking a corner, and then watch the comedy show at 23:57 and how Dybala and Bernardeschi didn't follow instructions and allowed them a silly counter.

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2019/12/07/lazio-vs-juventus-highlights-and-full-match/2/
The point is not if the players have made a mistake, it is about telling the reporters about it instead of keeping it in within the team. Dybala and Bernardeschi first knew about their mistake is when Sarri told the journalist about it. He threw them under the bus in public, something a proper professional manager would never have done.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The point is not if the players have made a mistake, it is about telling the reporters about it instead of keeping it in within the team. Dybala and Bernardeschi first knew about their mistake is when Sarri told the journalist about it. He threw them under the bus in public, something a proper professional manager would never have done.
Indeed. I don't understand why did he have to say this publicly. I'm sure players fail to follow instructions more than once during every single game, and these things are settled in the locker room.
But I'm still mad at Dybala and Bernardeschi. Everyone, for a good reason, has a position during set pieces, both in attack and when the team defends. This is something they've been working on in training and if only one player does something different it can create problems. They knew this and yet the fucker Berna ran to take the corner kick, while Dybala didn't try to cover. It's unacceptable, just like Sarri going public.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Throwing player under the bus == bitch move, no doubt about it. But the thing is, the majority of top coaches do it – Mou does it, Conte too, Pep sometimes does it, Poch etc. It remains a bitch move, though.
Max didn't do it (or at least I don't remember it), and that's why he is the classiest manager we had in a while.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Imagine you have 3 Matuidi's in midfield, we would never concede because they'd recover the ball almost immediately. When these Matuidi clones go forward they'll lose the ball and then back to recover it again. We probably won't score because they can't pass well enough to set up an attack.

Imagine 3 Pjanic, they'll get bypassed and we'd be stuck defending most of the game. However, if they get possession then they would maybe create a goal scoring chance because they have the technical ability.

They need each other to do well so Bentancur was the best player to balance the midfield. He defends and brings the ball forward, runs a lot and can pass well. When he came off we put another Matuidi type on so we lost our attacking ability.

What could Sarri do? After Cuadrado goes off we can't link midfield to attack so it's game over, even with Can on we couldn't do it. We didn't have wingers to break so having a trident of Higuain, Ronaldo and Dybala won't work unless you have someone like Bentancur or Ramsey to break from midfield and play the attackers around the box.

His hands were tied, under the circumstances you can only go for a draw considering Lazio have 5 in midfield. His criticism of Berna and Dybala is justified, that get you knocked out in CL. With a fit squad we smash Lazio and keep a clean sheet.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Indeed. I don't understand why did he have to say this publicly. I'm sure players fail to follow instructions more than once during every single game, and these things are settled in the locker room.
But I'm still mad at Dybala and Bernardeschi. Everyone, for a good reason, has a position during set pieces, both in attack and when the team defends. This is something they've been working on in training and if only one player does something different it can create problems. They knew this and yet the fucker Berna ran to take the corner kick, while Dybala didn't try to cover. It's unacceptable, just like Sarri going public.
Because he's a bitch that wants to point fingers at others and not admit his own mistakes.

During his period at Napoli he blamed everything but himself on why he failed to win the league. Sometimes it was because Napoli played before Juve and others because Juve played before Napoli.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Throwing player under the bus == bitch move, no doubt about it. But the thing is, the majority of top coaches do it – Mou does it, Conte too, Pep sometimes does it, Poch etc. It remains a bitch move, though.
Max didn't do it (or at least I don't remember it), and that's why he is the classiest manager we had in a while.
Conte once took the blame when Vucinic tried a silly pass, lost the ball and we conceded. I think Conte was really the one to blame then, because he screamed "pass" or something from the line and Vucinic followed the instructions. But still, everyone attacked Vucinic for that pass and Conte took the blame publicly.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Conte once took a blame when Vucinic tried a silly pass, lost the ball and we conceded. I think Conte was really the one to blame then, because he screamed "pass" or something from the line and Vucinic followed the instructions. But still, everyone attacked Vucinic for that pass and Conte took the blame publicly.
I remember this very well. Conte was also classy before he lost it at one point.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Conte once took a blame when Vucinic tried a silly pass, lost the ball and we conceded. I think Conte was really the one to blame then, because he screamed "pass" or something from the line and Vucinic followed the instructions. But still, everyone attacked Vucinic for that pass and Conte took the blame publicly.
Possibly. Tbh, my memory of Conte is so tainted now after he went to Inter. I remember restaurant rant, match-fixing allegations etc. But obivously there were moments when he was class.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Conte once took the blame when Vucinic tried a silly pass, lost the ball and we conceded. I think Conte was really the one to blame then, because he screamed "pass" or something from the line and Vucinic followed the instructions. But still, everyone attacked Vucinic for that pass and Conte took the blame publicly.
Wasn't it Caceres vs Real at JS (a group game)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)