Maurizio Sarri (192 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
no more ribbons for white males its time for you to sit down and listen
That got my attention.

I'm woke.

I'm white. I'm a male. I know not of struggle for life was given to be by a silver spoon. Simply me acknowledging this newfound knowledge shows how arrogant I am.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That got my attention.

I'm woke.

I'm white. I'm a male. I know not of struggle for life was given to be by a silver spoon. Simply me acknowledging this newfound knowledge shows how arrogant I am.
The fact that you just admit it like that already disgusts me. Should have tried harder to experience some proper struggle.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The fact that you just admit it like that already disgusts me. Should have tried harder to experience some proper struggle.
I acknowledge your feelings. I understand my lack of experiencing some proper struggle requires, dare I say, a struggle to achieve complete understanding, which I currently (and deservedly) lack. Your disgust in me is completely justified. If I was looking at myself through someone else's eyes, I too would be disgusted with whom I was looking at. And that disgusts me. In fact, I'm disgusted that I don't even know if I have a right to be disgusted in myself for the recent wokeness I've achieved. It should have happened sooner.

For that, I apologize.

Forza Juve.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That got my attention.

I'm woke.

enough. your white tears are only an attempt to reframe conversations about race to just being about your white fragility again.

nothing you do is right or justified or even defensible. nothing at all.

stop colonizing my oxygen

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's tough because Ronaldo doesn't have the agility that he used to have. From the left wing he used to be able to destroy defenders off the dribble with explosiveness and power. He still has power and pace but he has lost some of that agility. So I guess the idea is that playing him as a striker rather than LW allows him to poach more, and puts him naturally in central spaces where he is dangerous.

The narrowness is a problem, and it puts a lot of pressure on the fullbacks. It would help a lot with an elite CAM though, adding a bit of unpredictability. https://en.onefootball.com/the-false-ten-explained/ A false 10 would probably be useful. Unfortunately Bernardeschi while mobile and energetic is VERY PREDICTABLE. It would also help if our CMs were more mobile as well.

We played a 4-3-1-2 with Allegri before but our CMs were Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio. Those players had the mobility and work rate to cover for fullbacks (Pogba less work rate), and were comfortable adding width as needed as well. Khedira is not that. Matuidi is almost that except he is poor on the ball. Ramsey if healthy could be that.

Honestly if Bernardeschi had a bit more creative flair, Matuidi was better on the ball and Khedira's legs still worked, I think the predictability problem would be gone. Also Alex Sandro isn't your classic uber offensive fullback. He's great but if you're looking at just attacking ability there are better suited for adding width. Although I don't think it is worth it to sacrifice Sandro's all around ability for a guy who might be better going forward but is a liability defensively (ala Marcelo). It's so annoying that at first we had an elite midfield with average strikers, and now every position except the midfield is elite!
Even with Allegri's 4-3-1-2, we lost twice in the second half of the season, struggling to break down a bankrupt Parma. The point is it is much easier for smaller teams to park the bus against 4-3-1-2. Just close down the middle. And that elite TQ simply does not exist at the moment. Ramsey is good but unreliable because of his injury setbacks.
As long as we keep this we'll struggle against smaller teams, and our poor finishing won't make things easier.

Apr 19, 2007
Even with Allegri's 4-3-1-2, we lost twice in the second half of the season, struggling to break down a bankrupt Parma. The point is it is much easier for smaller teams to park the bus against 4-3-1-2. Just close down the middle. And that elite TQ simply does not exist at the moment. Ramsey is good but unreliable because of his injury setbacks.
As long as we keep this we'll struggle against smaller teams, and our poor finishing won't make things easier.
I agree to some extent but when there are fewer chances you need to take them. Thats the mark of a good team. We had every chance to score and at that point we would have had all the control but we didnt and we let them stay in it. It doesnt matter though because in the end we want to win the CL and no one will park the bus on us there. At times we look very dangerous when given space and thats when we will know what this team truly has.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Echoing edgardavids that I agree somewhat. Width is harder to come by and puts a lot of emphasis on the fullbacks. I think it can be successful, but your fullbacks need to really perform. Let's see how things shake out because they've been playing the formation for about a month. Hopefully Sarri can figure out a good way to add width if he believes 4-3-1-2 is the best system for the team.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I agree to some extent but when there are fewer chances you need to take them. Thats the mark of a good team. We had every chance to score and at that point we would have had all the control but we didnt and we let them stay in it. It doesnt matter though because in the end we want to win the CL and no one will park the bus on us there. At times we look very dangerous when given space and thats when we will know what this team truly has.
Sorry but i disagree entirely. This single objective of winning CL is not a good idea. You might easily be undone by a bad ref call or a MDL handball. Winning scudetto, and particularly not losing it to Conte/Marotta combo MUST be a part of the objectives. And who said teams in the CL don’t park the bus? Remember that Monaco tie in 2015 when we beat them 1-0 in aggregate? We failed to create chances in Turin besides that penalty. Particularly Atleti parks the bus. If we face a team with an allegri-like coach we’re toast.

Apr 19, 2007
Sorry but i disagree entirely. This single objective of winning CL is not a good idea. You might easily be undone by a bad ref call or a MDL handball. Winning scudetto, and particularly not losing it to Conte/Marotta combo MUST be a part of the objectives. And who said teams in the CL don’t park the bus? Remember that Monaco tie in 2015 when we beat them 1-0 in aggregate? We failed to create chances in Turin besides that penalty. Particularly Atleti parks the bus. If we face a team with an allegri-like coach we’re toast.
Im not saying discount the league. Clearly we arent doing that. Im saying you build a team that beats the best teams simlar to what Max did. Our priority shouldnt be to work on a system to break down minows. Our quality will do that

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
thank you. CL or bust is a dumb mentality

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Im not saying discount the league. Clearly we arent doing that. Im saying you build a team that beats the best teams simlar to what Max did. Our priority shouldnt be to work on a system to break down minows. Our quality will do that
It has to be both. Beating minnows is your key to winning the league. If you want to compete in both competitions you need a team that can do both.

Apr 19, 2007
It has to be both. Beating minnows is your key to winning the league. If you want to compete in both competitions you need a team that can do both.
There is a difference between having a team that can do both and making your system geared for that. We beat monnows of course but dont make our formation according to breaking down the parked bus. Obviously you can do both but you strive to beat the best and to do that you have to perfect a type of play that can accomplish that. We do not have to perferct breaking down minnows to beat them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Apparently we aspire to dull, grinding wins in the league (because it’s really hard to do anything else with our mediocre attackers lol), and then showing our true strength against top teams in Europe...

This seems vaguely familiar for some reason, as though we had a coach who did this for several seasons and just got sacked for another so we could start smashing minnows in a more entertaining, attacking style, while also succeeding in Europe...

Hmmmm. :shifty:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Maybe we could all try to be a little more mature about it :boh: Its not an irrelevant discussion. Sarri replaced Allegri in a highly controversial move and change of direction. In Allegri's last season he also had a very similar squad to Sarri.

If we are judging how good Sarri is, whether is was the correct decision to appoint him, it is sensible to compare him to Allegri and possible to do so without being a sourpuss little shitbag about it.
I somehow doubt its possible for all the forum members

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There is a difference between having a team that can do both and making your system geared for that. We beat monnows of course but dont make our formation according to breaking down the parked bus. Obviously you can do both but you strive to beat the best and to do that you have to perfect a type of play that can accomplish that. We do not have to perferct breaking down minnows to beat them.
Can’t we play with 2 systems? Or be a little more flexible when we don’t have anybody but Berna for CAM role?

Apr 19, 2007
Can’t we play with 2 systems? Or be a little more flexible when we don’t have anybody but Berna for CAM role?
What formation would you think is best when Costa Ramsey,Danilo, and MDS were hurt? Also keep Berna off the pitch bc you didnt like him.
And by the way this formation needs to be good enough not to lose a single game to be as good as Sarris system.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
What formation would you think is best when Costa Ramsey,Danilo, and MDS were hurt? Also keep Berna off the pitch bc you didnt like him.
And by the way this formation needs to be good enough not to lose a single game to be as good as Sarris system.
Danilo has been fit for 3 games now. I would've switched to 4-3-3 with Cuadrado and Ronaldo on the wings. But now that Costa is also fit I hear he'll be used as a TQ too. So please stop blaming injuries.
I have no problem with Bernardeschi but he's been awful lately. He was OK against Genoa though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 189)