Maurizio Sarri (232 Viewers)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
If Ronaldo, Higs and Dybala all start then we literally have no other strikers in the squad (i consider Mandzu not part of the squad atm)
I would like to see Costa as the treq, but don't really think he can do the job there,
So its either the Hospital Patient or Berna for that spot

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He has a point though especially with the way he uses the CF to hold the ball up. Higuain does that well because it gets the other attackers involved. I wonder if Bernie would have even played if he had used Higuain.

It is clear that when fit Higuain will play and so will ronaldo. That third spot is completely up in the air now that Costa is back.
I agree.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What about Ramsey? A fully fit Costa?
With Costa most likely will be 4-3-3 formation and Ramsey can be attacking midfielder in 4-3-1-2 formation but still not sure how he will perform

- - - Updated - - -

If Ronaldo, Higs and Dybala all start then we literally have no other strikers in the squad (i consider Mandzu not part of the squad atm)
I would like to see Costa as the treq, but don't really think he can do the job there,
So its either the Hospital Patient or Berna for that spot
Who will be injured more this season Costa or Ramsey?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

You know it wont be a true 4-3-1-2 tho lol. Douglas Costa spent 80% of the time when he came on the left, central is congested and not natural for Costa, so instead Sarri tried a 4-3-3 with costa left and dybala right, but then slowly changed back to 4-3-1-2 to get Dybi involved again (not gonna do Allegri's mistake there with dybala), where dybala goes back to attack, and Costa drifts from central to the left at will to take on and cross from there. Forsee this being the main style we gonna go for with these players characteristics. We have 3 CMs and 2 forwards, plus even Sandro who all play very centralized at all times, we do not need Costa to play central too much in that set up. Prolly gonna invert the attack like we done with the fullbacks.

Anyways this is conundrum is only when Dybala is starting, which he should do alot in current form, but with Higauin and Costa back, I forsee both those might be starting over Dybala a bit, and then it will be traditional 4-3-3.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We are grinding out so many wins under Sarri, and now the same people who used to criticize Allegri because of it are praising Sarri for grinding out wins. :lol2:
And the same people that used to praise Allegri for it are now bashing Sarri? Just asking, haven't really paid attention, but it's probably like that.

Just like how individual errors and players missing chances is an acceptable excuse or not, depending on your agenda.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And the same people that used to praise Allegri for it are now bashing Sarri? Just asking, haven't really paid attention, but it's probably like that.

Just like how individual errors and players missing chances is an acceptable excuse or not, depending on your agenda.
I actually think it’s a positive thing from Sarri, that while our attack is sputtering and borderline anemic to start the season, he has us grinding out 1 goal wins.

Of course, I’d like the dominant multiple goals wins(promised by his fans) to start arriving soon, but as long as he gets results, that is all that matters in the end.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I actually think it’s a positive thing from Sarri, that while our attack is sputtering and borderline anemic to start the season, he has us grinding out 1 goal wins.

Of course, I’d like the dominant multiple goals (promised by his fans) to start arriving soon, but as long as he gets results, that is all that matters in the end.
Agreed, the results are what matters, but we didn't bring Sarri in just to continue getting results in the same manner. Eventually we have to start scoring more goals or bringing him would've been pointless.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Win is a Win, as i have always said, i'm actually happy with how Sarri has been so far, and he has exceeded my expectations in terms of squad management
i'll never, ever complain about a shit scrappy last second win, disgusting wins are worth the same as a flogging

But some of the people who criticized Allegri about these types of wins are saying it is out of Sarri's control because of how the other teams defend????, or that we arnt clinical enough. (Also people who said our midfield was good enough last season ("Liverpool won cl with an average midfield") who are now saying we need Erickson and other new mids for Sarriball)
I certainly think alot of players have been playing better under Sarri, (Sandro especially), but even though some alot of individual players are better, i don't think we are better as a team yet., but we are still in our infancy. the most important thing is that we are winning

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Win is a Win, as i have always said, i'm actually happy with how Sarri has been so far, and he has exceeded my expectations in terms of squad management
i'll never, ever complain about a shit scrappy last second win, disgusting wins are worth the same as a flogging

But some of the people who criticized Allegri about these types of wins are saying it is out of Sarri's control because of how the other teams defend????, or that we arnt clinical enough. (Also people who said our midfield was good enough last season ("Liverpool won cl with an average midfield") who are now saying we need Erickson and other new mids for Sarriball)
I certainly think alot of players have been playing better under Sarri, (Sandro especially), but even though some alot of individual players are better, i don't think we are better as a team yet., but we are still in our infancy. the most important thing is that we are winning
That's just recency bias. Many players have been shit too. Pjanić has been great, Sandro good, Bonucci mostly great and Cuadrado is doing really well. Dybala had 2-3 really good games, but we've seen this kind of stuff from him before. Ronaldo has been awful, Bernardeschi too, midfielders other than Pjanić mostly below average, De Ligt mistake prone, Higuain up and down... So I really don't see where's all this rejuvenation stuff coming from.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Agreed, the results are what matters, but we didn't bring Sarri in just to continue getting results in the same manner. Eventually we have to start scoring more goals or bringing him would've been pointless.
my issue with the Sarri fuccbois is their insistence that allegri played pussy football (he didnt) and that it would somehow change via Sarri with largely the same players.

allegri played to wide men because the club gave him khedira and matuidi as CMs its pretty simple so allegri tried to grind out wins as best.

under sarri not much has changed. he now tries to play through the middle but we end up looking impotent as fuck. if he can introduce rabiot and ramsey hopefully that will change.

both coaches are limited by the players at their disposal and i think allegri did an excellent job at creating a winning team while often having players who did not compliment each other or form a cohesive, clear direction about how they were supposed to be fit into one lineup.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
mods, can we ban anyone who does sarri vs allegri comparisons going forward?

getting sick and tired of page after page of the same terrible bitter posts from both sides.

or just make me mod and i'll clean this page up myself (right after i ban osman and jck of course)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
my issue with the Sarri fuccbois is their insistence that allegri played pussy football (he didnt) and that it would somehow change via Sarri with largely the same players.

allegri played to wide men because the club gave him khedira and matuidi as CMs its pretty simple so allegri tried to grind out wins as best.

under sarri not much has changed. he now tries to play through the middle but we end up looking impotent as fuck. if he can introduce rabiot and ramsey hopefully that will change
What do they mean by pussy football? If they mean closing up shop and sitting deep once we take a lead and have passed the 60 minute mark, then at least we're not doing that anymore.

We're still mostly using Khedira and Matuidi in midfield and have seen "better football" (more possession and quicker forward passing) in fits and starts. But yeah, still most of the time it looks like last year's team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 216)