Matthijs de Ligt (59 Viewers)

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
New league. New language. New system. Hell, even a new position, playing on the left.

And hes 20. Give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember one single person saying that they didn't want this kid when he was a protagonist in eliminating us from the UCL last year
Many of us have been having doubts about him based on friendlies and the first game of the season. I remember when the same people were freaking out about the negotiations for his signature taking too long. This kid is a gem, he will do amazing, it’s only a matter of time before he settles in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Everything is exxagerated because he is deligt.

Bonucci had 32 games like this in his first season and he is now our captain (ffs its difficultt o say it).

Give deligt a whole season then we judge. He was kicking asses just a season ago in the CL and in fact he kicked ours.

Is not like we are talking about a just promoted primavera kid here....

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Can Koman stop talking and focus on his own problems? It worries me that such an overrated coach gets the opportunity to leave a strong impression on Matthijs. Would be more comfortable if it was someone else, someone that can help him grow off and on the field.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He fucked up but his response was very mature. He'll eventually adapt and do well as it's expected of him.

I'd be worried if he was doing this shit every other week. Not the case. Give the kid time.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I am not overly concerned about his debut. You can see when he is in 1 on 1 situations he is exceptional. To me his errors had more to do with his reading of the game or his understanding on positioning within the context of the zonal defensive system being employed by Sarri. This may take several games to get accustomed to. But I am sure that he will eventually and then really show his worth.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Can Koman stop talking and focus on his own problems? It worries me that such an overrated coach gets the opportunity to leave a strong impression on Matthijs. Would be more comfortable if it was someone else, someone that can help him grow off and on the field.
Well, Koeman is in fact coach of the Dutch national team, so I figure he would try to help him grow both on and off the field

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Well, Koeman is in fact coach of the Dutch national team, so I figure he would try to help him grow both on and off the field
Obviously I understand that. :) I would, however, prefer he didn't. So far his punches are damaging more than helping Matthijs. Those statements after one game was ridiculous and after this game, come on... grow up Ronald.
Me no liek hiem.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Bonucci had 32 games like this in his first season and he is now our captain (ffs its difficultt o say it).
He got that time because we were utterly shit that season and weren’t expected to win every week.

It’s tougher for De Ligt in this environment because if any of his mistakes cost points then people will be less forgiving due to the expectation to win every game.

Oct 23, 2011
It was a very unfortunate handball and I think situations like this shouldn't be called tbh. Other than that, he was very solid. Had a massive clearance a couple meters from goal line which kept them in the game, and had a few great interventions. I'd say he and Virgil were fundamental yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)