Matthijs de Ligt (131 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
i do remember, before serious links, saying i didnt want to spend the entire transfer budget on him
If you look at the present roster, one could say Juve has 2 sets of 11 that could win a league title. Though all those quality players might not be enough for the CL title? What MDL has shown so far (key cog to get a CL title) in his young career doesn't come cheap. As much as I didn't care for PaulP's attitude and wanting him back at Juve, I would give up Pjanic, Can, and Bent in a heartbeat and pay him BIG money. I could see him now flying past MF with Costa on one side and CR7 on the other.
:juventus:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
New league. New language. New system. Hell, even a new position, playing on the left.

And hes 20. Give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember one single person saying that they didn't want this kid when he was a protagonist in eliminating us from the UCL last year
it's all about media.they just wanna make him look bad. Looking back at the Champions League 2018-2019 you could say that Matthijs De Ligt is a top class defender, maybe one of the best.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have been watching Juve since 1994. Boumsong or even Legro did not have such horrible nights. Sorry, but last night was pretty horrific.
He is a great talent but neither the preseason, nor yesterday's game were convincing.
Come on man, that sounds like hyperbole. I’ve even seen Bonucci have just as bad or worse nights. Maybe they didn’t end up with three goals, but overall just as bad or worse.

- - - Updated - - -

And why can’t Bonucci play on the left? He’s supposed to be the experienced guy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The only reason Bonucci doesn't play on the left is for offensive reasons - it changes his passing angles. I'm not joking...

Besides, Boumsong and Legrottaglie were 26 years old when they joined us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have been watching Juve since 1994. Boumsong or even Legro did not have such horrible nights. Sorry, but last night was pretty horrific.
He is a great talent but neither the preseason, nor yesterday's game were convincing.
I been watching aslong as you, that's why I know your post is insane hyperbole. We have had worse defensive showings. You are just stuck on recency biasm.

Young Bonucci used to have monthly performances like this one lol. Boumsong was an utter charity case the few games he got until whoever signed him was punched in the face. Legro was lead footed turnstile at times with some horrid games. Old declined Luliano was one of the most clumsy defenders we ever had. Zebina seeing red was huge disaster in several games etc.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
While we’re establishing the line of worst Juve defensive showings..

Let’s not forgot Cannavaro v2.

There is no way. Not even on the worst of footballing nights, that. this was the worst ever showing by a Juventus defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The only reason Bonucci doesn't play on the left is for offensive reasons - it changes his passing angles. I'm not joking...

Besides, Boumsong and Legrottaglie were 26 years old when they joined us.
He played on left last season when not partnered by Chiellini.

Ideally, you want the stopper next to the more attacking FB and the sweeper next to FB who checks his runs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He played on left last season when not partnered by Chiellini.

Ideally, you want the stopper next to the more attacking FB and the sweeper next to FB who checks his runs.
Yeah he did, but it's a lot harder for him to play his long pass over the shoulder from the other side, takes the ball away from goal.

Seems negligible anyway, how many assists does he actually get? He can build from either side.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I been watching aslong as you, that's why I know your post is insane hyperbole. We have had worse defensive showings. You are just stuck on recency biasm.

Young Bonucci used to have monthly performances like this one lol. Boumsong was an utter charity case the few games he got until whoever signed him was punched in the face. Legro was lead footed turnstile at times with some horrid games. Old declined Luliano was one of the most clumsy defenders we ever had. Zebina seeing red was huge disaster in several games etc.
He messed up on three goals. I do not remember another Juve player missing three goal preventing interventions in one game.
Right before the third goal Lozano and De Ligt had Messi-Boateng moment. It was pretty embarassing for our boy.
Several times he was caught with his pants down but clumsy play by Napoli or Bonucci saved him.
He is not a 85 mil euro defender right now. Only VDV should cost this much.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We bought potential , potential to be wc.
But that takes time and faith, that the player is going overcome his deficiencies.
Bon bon did the same blunders on a weekly basis but conte's and allegri's faith made him the player he is/was.
Benching him next game would destroy his confidence and his faith in his ability.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
We bought potential , potential to be wc.
But that takes time and faith, that the player is going overcome his deficiencies.
Bon bon did the same blunders on a weekly basis but conte's and allegri's faith made him the player he is/was.
Benching him next game would destroy his confidence and his faith in his ability.
I would not bench him. But he is not irreplaceable either.
Last year Ajax's defence was not tested too much due to their high pressing game. But every time they were put under pressure they had some big blunders in Europe and Netherlands.Feyenoord put six past De Ligt and Co at the start of this year.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Too early bro. Quote this at the end of the season. :)
You can't be chased by 4 huge clubs being a rich man's rugani.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not bench him. But he is not irreplaceable either.
Last year Ajax's defence was not tested too much due to their high pressing game. But every time they were put under pressure they had some big blunders in Europe and Netherlands.

Agree that he is not irreplaceable. The club is more important than the money it spent on him.
If he doesn't improve in the next 2 3 games , demiral should get chances. I would also give demiral chances at the expense of bon bon if we have to.
Chiello was the only sure starter when fit.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Too early bro. Quote this at the end of the season. :)
You can't be chased by 4 huge clubs being a rich man's rugani.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree that he is not irreplaceable. The club is more important than the money it spent on him.
If he doesn't improve in the next 2 3 games , demiral should get chances. I would also give demiral chances at the expense of bon bon if we have to.
Chiello was the only sure starter when fit.
I just cannot comprehend how in one game Feyenoord can score six against Ajax but Juve in two scored only two.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
He had a bad game, some silly mistakes and looked a little out of place.

However the kid is 20 years old, is in a brand new team, system, league, country and with a totally different style and opposition. He’s going to be determined as hell to improve.

Let’s keep the faith and he is going to turn into a top top centre back.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Yesterday he plays sh*t, but he is only 20 years old in the first official match in new league with new team mates. And don't forget that Napoli's attacking is among the best in Serie A, not Lecce's one. He will learn and become good.

Bonbon have many games like this, especially when he first joined us, but we didn't be punished as much because of Chiellini and Bazagli. And Bonbon now is not Chiellini back then to cover De Ligt

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I just cannot comprehend how in one game Feyenoord can score six against Ajax but Juve in two scored only two.

We tried to play it to safe , gave ajax to much respect after their elimination of real, injuries etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)