Matthijs de Ligt (84 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
New league. New language. New system. Hell, even a new position, playing on the left.

And hes 20. Give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember one single person saying that they didn't want this kid when he was a protagonist in eliminating us from the UCL last year

Buy on AliExpress.com

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
WOW, I watched the three Napoli goals again. He made three mistakes, not two. He missed three times his man. Horrible performance. Lozano made him his bitch tonight.
Lozano has the habit of making very experienced players his bitch. He is very fast and made Kimmich look like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
At fault for all three goals. It's his debut so hopefully he gets better. Wonder what the fraud Steve Nicol had to say now.
He said that it had nothing to do with his lack of experience or being ready tactically. He said the cramp proved that he wasn’t match fit and that was the only reason he struggled. The coach’s comments directly contradicted that. Nicol is such an idiot.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Keep starting him. And pair him with Demiral next match. WTF, starting 11 looks like Juve acquired no one new this past summer. Danilo keeps playing, Rabiot over Blaise and Bent if not Ramsey over Sami next match. If you expect the new players to jell together, the sooner the better they get on the pitch.
I think Matuidi is being played due to work rate. Ronaldo is being given a free role which leaves a lot of space on the left flank. Matuidi played as a hybrid LM/CM for France in the World Cup as well.

The problem is his on the ball ability.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
He was doing good for 60 minutes until he fucked up with 2 goals.

If you say ever seen you must be a new Juve fan. One suggestion for you:

Jean Alain Boumsong.

I have been watching Juve since 1994. Boumsong or even Legro did not have such horrible nights. Sorry, but last night was pretty horrific.
He is a great talent but neither the preseason, nor yesterday's game were convincing.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It's just about the confidence at the moment. He has a massive price tag haunting him everytime he steps on the pitch and he knows it, so he's kind of shaky. Even Ronaldo looked little bit shaky in those first games in here, so why it wouldn't affect on De Ligt? Give him many games as possible and he will be good in no time and after that, no1 even really remembers games like this.

Oct 23, 2011
I especially like the "without a doubt bit" after his shitshow.
As the season progresses, he will become our best defender by a mile. He had an excellent hour and then lost the plot completely. Instead of benching him, I am sure Sarri is going to give him the confidence, because frankly that is what you do with a player of his age and caliber. He has two weeks to recover mentally from his performance and he will turn out just fine after the break. The last thing he needs right now is going back to getting integrated slowly and lose his starting spot to far more inferior players such as Rugani or Demiral.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
New language new team bigger expectations and he's a kid. First year was always a bedding in year at his age. As long as he knows that and Raiola doesn't get in his ear everything will be fine.

Think he looks a bit chunky for someone not even done growing yet too

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
big decision now tbh, drop him for Demiral or continue with him, he'll obviously come good but do we give Demiral an opportunity to impress, he deserves it after a good preseason, but showing faith in De Ligt could help De Ligt too
Play De Ligt as it forces the rest of the team to score 3-4 :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

New league. New language. New system. Hell, even a new position, playing on the left.

And hes 20. Give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember one single person saying that they didn't want this kid when he was a protagonist in eliminating us from the UCL last year
i do remember, before serious links, saying i didnt want to spend the entire transfer budget on him

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Hopefully MDL stays at Juve into his thirties. True Juve fans should get behind him withstanding any negative play presently. Talk here so much about new players getting adjusted to players who have been at Juve for some seasons. Well those vets at Juve have to get used Sarri's style of play just like the new transfers.

And I thought finally seeing a CL title would be because of the new acquisitions?. Emphasis for me is seeing the likes of Rabiot, Ramsey, MDL, Danilo etc etc being able to perform at their best together with the key holdover players from last seasons squad.

:jflag:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Play De Ligt as it forces the rest of the team to score 3-4 :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

i do remember, before serious links, saying i didnt want to spend the entire transfer budget on him
Saying that you don't want him and saying you don't want him at the cost of our entire budget are 2 different things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)