Matthijs de Ligt (62 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But has he been one of our best players?

Ronaldo, Cuadrado, Chiesa, Danilo, Chiellini have arguably been better. So top 6 :D
So not even in the best 50% of a starting eleven? High praise! :p
Seriously though, like others have mentioned, Bonucci gets a lot of shit. Some of it well deserved. But however painful to admit it might be, De Ligt just isn't/hasn't been better than him.

He doesn't rate him so he'd probably add 3 players before de Ligt.
I don't overrate him. That's different from not rating him.

But I'll spell it out for you: I think he's a decent player. Not fantastic or great or whatever. Sadly, I also don't think he's a better player today than he was when we signed him. It is what it is.
If we had signed him for 5 bucks & had given him a normal contract, that would have been perfect.
Taking the money we've spent & are spending on him into account, it's just another piss poor deal.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Seriously though, like others have mentioned, Bonucci gets a lot of shit. Some of it well deserved. But however painful to admit it might be, De Ligt just isn't/hasn't been better than him.

But I'll spell it out for you: I think he's a decent player. Not fantastic or great or whatever. Sadly, I also don't think he's a better player today than he was when we signed him. It is what it is.
If we had signed him for 5 bucks & had given him a normal contract, that would have been perfect.
Taking the money we've spent & are spending on him into account, it's just another piss poor deal.
I wasn't taking a piss on you nor you need to spell it out for me. I said what I said because I believe you think higher of other players we have compared to de Light which is probably true.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

If chelsea offered 100 million euros will you sell de ligt

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Definitely won't agree on Bonucci :D

When he's bad he's really bad, an absolute joke. The last few weeks MDL has been at his worst, and Bonucci can be a lot worse than that

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I wasn't taking a piss on you nor you need to spell it out for me. I said what I said because I believe you think higher of other players we have compared to de Light which is probably true.
Sorry, I thought I should clarify my position.
Next thing you know, people are going to think as if I feel like Bonucci is the best ever while De Ligt is a Rugani wannabe. :grin:

- - - Updated - - -

If chelsea offered 100 million euros will you sell de ligt
Of course I would.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First it starts with "Romagnoli is not that bad", then it goes to "At least he's free", and it ends with "GTFO of this club, leech".
I think people make him look worse than he actually is. Kjaer was also shit but then all of a sudden nobody says he's quite good.

My point is that I did expect a lot more from de Ligt. I really like him but 100mln would be stupid to reject because we could use the money to rebuild our squad and fix our weak points (many of them). Our midfield is horrible and IF we can't spend big on our own I'd rather sell de Ligt in order to properly fix our team rather than buying Witsel for free trying to "fix" the problem.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I think people make him look worse than he actually is. Kjaer was also shit but then all of a sudden nobody says he's quite good.

My point is that I did expect a lot more from de Ligt. I really like him but 100mln would be stupid to reject because we could use the money to rebuild our squad and fix our weak points (many of them). Our midfield is horrible and IF we can't spend big on our own I'd rather sell de Ligt in order to properly fix our team rather than buying Witsel for free trying to "fix" the problem.
You haven't seen Romagnoli play lately, have you? Last night's horror show was just his regular form.

I do agree that if we miss out on UCL, 100m for de Ligt is good deal. But we've got to look for an excellent replacement while Chiellini and Bonucci are on their last legs.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You haven't seen Romagnoli play lately, have you? Last night's horror show was just his regular form.

I do agree that if we miss out on UCL, 100m for de Ligt is good deal. But we've got to look for an excellent replacement while Chiellini and Bonucci are on their last legs.
Oh, last night. Yep, I do know that. But you know what, if we look at recent performances we could easily sell all of de Ligt, Chiesa, Cuadrado and Locatelli. Quite easily.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Oh, last night. Yep, I do know that. But you know what, if we look at recent performances we could easily sell all of de Ligt, Chiesa, Cuadrado and Locatelli. Quite easily.
Except those players you mentioned are starters in a disjointed team. Romagnoli is a bench player for Milan, they start Chelsea-reject Tomori and former Palermo CB Kjaer over him. I don't think it's a good idea replacing de Ligt with a Serie A bench player.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Except those players you mentioned are starters in a disjointed team. Romagnoli is a bench player for Milan, they start Chelsea-reject Tomori and former Palermo CB Kjaer over him. I don't think it's a good idea replacing de Ligt with a Serie A bench player.
My point was obviously that de Ligt is not worth 100mln euros.

Also, last season he played as much as Bonucci and only 300 minutes less than de Ligt. I don't know why you mention Kjaer as a former Palermo player, though, it's as if he was he was bad for them.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He is gone in the summer if we fail to reach CL place for next season.
He's gone regardless IMO.

He's a Raiola client and there were a few interviews already about moving him somewhere else. We won't be able to offer him more than he makes now (8+4 net).
We also need to rebuild and for that we need a proper cash injection. I'm actually ok with selling him as long as we keep Chiesa, he should be untouchable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)