out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think there is definitely truth to that in Allegri's second two seasons. Since he moved away from two strikers there is frequently there is a lot left for the CF (or other goalscorer) to do. Not a lot of chances laid out on a platter but then again aren't you the same guy that criticizes Mandzukic for only scoring tap ins?

Buy on AliExpress.com

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I think there is definitely truth to that in Allegri's second two seasons. Since he moved away from two strikers there is frequently there is a lot left for the CF (or other goalscorer) to do. Not a lot of chances laid out on a platter but then again aren't you the same guy that criticizes Mandzukic for only scoring tap ins?
I simply recognize zukic as a tap in king, and I do think his skill set need to be utilized in more ways (than heading and tap ins) and that he should not have to defend anymore, that way we would be able to counter more with him and Ronaldo stay on the front.

The fact that zukic still have to defend contribute to the notion that other posters said about we're still being defensive, it is also contribute to the issue that we can't counter attack, because 9-10 players are too behind when we get the ball back after defending.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Again - We average as much if not more shots per game than the teams you mentioned above.

Check the stats for yourself, so we can stop repeating us in here. Thanks.

Shots per game:

Juve : 18.8
City : 18.4
Barca : 16.3
Pool : 15.8
Real : 15.4

If anything, our conversion rate sucks.
If we take these stats only then you’d think City has better attackers than us. Sometimes they play with no real attacker. But quality of chances created is simply the factor. We have freaking CR7 a player who broke every record regarding goals scored(there is no better finisher in the game). Some of our chances are desperate attempts like Bonucci/Mds blasting the ball from 30 metters or Chiellini doing a solo action which always ends up lame. In the end all of these count as shots per game. Our game plan simply suck I hope Allegri improves in that department.

Jan 22, 2016
Costa has pace, dribbling and crossing... don't know how to control tempo, vision, passing, average shooting so terrible idea as CAM
Not true. He played that role in both Shakhtar and Bayern and he was great in both of them.

He wouldn't play like a classic AM for us. He would be more like a false10.
Getting th ball in the middle, has 2 options, going though the middle and causing havoc or drifting wide and creat crossing opportunity.

And he would be a great asset on counter attacks.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If we take these stats only then you’d think City has better attackers than us. Sometimes they play with no real attacker. But quality of chances created is simply the factor. We have freaking CR7 a player who broke every record regarding goals scored(there is no better finisher in the game). Some of our chances are desperate attempts like Bonucci/Mds blasting the ball from 30 metters or Chiellini doing a solo action which always ends up lame. In the end all of these count as shots per game. Our game plan simply suck I hope Allegri improves in that department.

We have definitely been trying to play more offensively than our normal in many games this year. I remember the United game most clearly with chance after chance that we were somehow missing. I believe the intent to be more attacking on average is clearly there in many games. But for some reason when we go fully offensive we don't manage these games well and end up drawing or losing or still a narrow win.

Old habits die hard I guess, and the team & coach are now trying to create a new style. An easy league and CL group is a great experimental ground for it, we just need to learn this new way quicker its been long enough.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Again - We average as much if not more shots per game than the teams you mentioned above.

Check the stats for yourself, so we can stop repeating us in here. Thanks.

Shots per game:

Juve : 18.8
City : 18.4
Barca : 16.3
Pool : 15.8
Real : 15.4

If anything, our conversion rate sucks.
The thing is Ronaldo shoots from everywhere on the pitch
There are some shots which you know are not going to get in but he still tries it..

- - - Updated - - -

Not true. He played that role in both Shakhtar and Bayern and he was great in both of them.

Getting th ball in the middle, has 2 options, going though the middle and causing havoc or drifting wide and creat crossing opportunity.

D.Costa as Iniesta kind of role - I dont think I like it
Speaking of D.Costa - I think a player like him must play as his dribbling skills and pace makes him a serious threat to any opponent

- - - Updated - - -

Did you here about the Zidane rumors with Allgeri going to Madrid next year? What do you think about it?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

I was trying to have a serious talk but you obviously rather talk about opinions so: yep, Costa is the best cam, Brazil should use him in that position aswel

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yes I think it's the quality of the chances that are not as good as other top teams. Our player misses a lot because they were handed chances that were harder for them to finish due to our lack of attacking vision.

I literally just saw bale's 1st goal against antlers in the semifinal of wcc on tv. That is the kind of chance we simply don't create, when was the last time juve score a goal like that? I can't recall it, this team would simply cross the ball instead of playing intricate move and give the pass to bale, heck, in this team there's no player who would move like bale did. Ronaldo would too often hog the center of the penalty with zukic hoping for a cross, dybala would be lost somewhere while Costa, berna and cuad would just do the classic cross the ball winger play. The midfielders too would move to the byline and became faux winger instead of exploiting space in the middle, then we either cross the ball or back pass it to fullback, pjanic or the cb. That's what we see with this team way too often and predictable.

Why why why why.
Because we don't have a proper playmaker (the player that when he has the ball everyone starts moving, opening for a pass).
Pirlo was the last player we had like that; Pjanic tries but he just doesn't have that vision or passing range IMO.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Other teams can do it without Pirlo tho. It is more about the general lack of proper movement in the team, which causes the players to hog the ball and in the end passing to flank and crossing is the only option.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Because we don't have a proper playmaker (the player that when he has the ball everyone starts moving, opening for a pass).
Pirlo was the last player we had like that; Pjanic tries but he just doesn't have that vision or passing range IMO.
He does have the vision and passing range (not of Pirlos caliber but very few do), he just has a different role here in our 433.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
He missed 3-4 great chances though. Do you expect Allegri to take shots as well?
So a man alone who literally outscored this team in Europe (since he played there) is now somehow turned into vucinic/matri/morata?

You allegri shills love stats, the stats will show you that Cristiano goal scoring stats would plummet to bottom now that he's here.

This is a pattern, the players misses chances after chances because the chances are simply not that good.

Again, Cristiano fucking Ronaldo is here, and this team still struggling hard to score goals.

Only idiot allegri shills and cock suckers would defend this shit, period.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So a man alone who literally outscored this team in Europe (since he played there) is now somehow turned into vucinic/matri/morata?

You allegri shills love stats, the stats will show you that Cristiano goal scoring stats would plummet to bottom now that he's here.

This is a pattern, the players misses chances after chances because the chances are simply not that good.

Again, Cristiano fucking Ronaldo is here, and this team still struggling hard to score goals.

Your boy Ronnie has been very wasteful over the last few games. And some of those chances he keeps squandering were 1 on 1 with a keeper, 5-10 meters away from the goal. It doesnt get better than this.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Keep it going chief. Not much else going on for your it seems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 37, Guests: 215)