out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
What numbers bro? We have less than 2 goals per game in average this season.
Numbers I posted at least 5 times in the past week. Juventus is at the top or near the top in every statistical offensive category. Number of shots total and on target. Possession % and number of passes and successful passes. Number of clear cut chances. Average in dribbles per game which means we create by passing the ball, not individual plays as some would have you believe.

We average less than 2 goals per game because our finishing is atrocious, not because of lack of chances. And it's not some shots from distance, set pieces, crowded shots etc. It's clear cut, 100% fucking chances we're missing. Off the top of my head I can remember at least 2-3 in 90% of games we played this year. Ronaldo alone could've had 6-7 more goals to his name, let alone assists for Khedira, Dybala, Pjanić, Cuadrado, Mario etc.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Numbers I posted at least 5 times in the past week. Juventus is at the top or near the top in every statistical offensive category. Number of shots total and on target. Possession % and number of passes and successful passes. Number of clear cut chances. Average in dribbles per game which means we create by passing the ball, not individual plays as some would have you believe.

We average less than 2 goals per game because our finishing is atrocious, not because of lack of chances. And it's not some shots from distance, set pieces, crowded shots etc. It's clear cut, 100% fucking chances we're missing. Off the top of my head I can remember at least 2-3 in 90% of games we played this year. Ronaldo alone could've had 6-7 more goals to his name, let alone assists for Khedira, Dybala, Pjanić, Cuadrado, Mario etc.
We score less than two goals per game because once we have the lead we stop playing.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We usually have no one between the midfield and the strikers. Theres no direct play. If you pay attention, all balls go to our wingbacks, or send crazy longballs from defence and hope that any of our forwards get it.

We need to focus more on playing in the middle andd try to get more shots from there, but we usually evade that to try crosses.

Is weird.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We usually have no one between the midfield and the strikers. Theres no direct play. If you pay attention, all balls go to our wingbacks, or send crazy longballs from defence and hope that any of our forwards get it.

We need to focus more on playing in the middle andd try to get more shots from there, but we usually evade that to try crosses.

Is weird.
Dybala’s entire job has been to play between midfield and the strikers. And if you watch our games, he’s often there, though he has a tendency to drift wide right. He just hasn’t developed the ability to be a world class player there in between the lines like would have been incredibly useful for this team. He doesn’t have the vision and passing, or the movement in that part of the field.

Eventually, he figures it out, or Allegri needs to move him back up the pitch to play in a front 2, closer to goal, where his movement and vision are far better (understandable as the majority of his pre-2017 career was spent there).

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We have the most goals scored in the league and the least conceded. The least conceded overall in Europe too including the CL. Won the CL group and have a historic high point in the league so far.

Sack Max

Jan 22, 2016

Is weird.
That's what Allegri wants from Dybala, to connect mid to attack, but he is not made up for that.

I would like to see Costa plays that role. Play him as a AM, he has everything that Dyabla lacks. Better dribbler, way better first toch and scary speed.

Costa is way too good to sit out this much. I believe our team would look at least twice better with this guy plying as AM.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
We have the most goals scored in the league and the least conceded. The least conceded overall in Europe too including the CL. Won the CL group and have a historic high point in the league so far.

Sack Max
We have less than two goals per game. Barca, City/Liverpool, Psg, Dortmund have around 3 goals per game. Im only comparing to leaders of other leagues.
Please dont tell it’s more difficult to score in serie a bs.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
That's what Allegri wants from Dybala, to connect mid to attack, but he is not made up for that.

I would like to see Costa plays that role. Play him as a AM, he has everything that Dyabla lacks. Better dribbler, way better first toch and scary speed.

Costa is way too good to sit out this much. I believe our team would look at least twice better with this guy plying as AM.
Costa has pace, dribbling and crossing... don't know how to control tempo, vision, passing, average shooting so terrible idea as CAM

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Hmmm i wonder why a team with two attacking fullbacks, a lack of dynamism at CM, an abundance of wide attacking players, mandzukic up front and ronaldo making runs into the box might play wide and try crossing. Just more of allegri not understanding how to attack again i guess
Ronaldo and zukic switches positions every time, so why can't they play through the middle?

Lack of dynamism midfuelders? Pjanic used to play am, the likes of bentancur, Matuidi and Khedira like to surge forwards.

The excuses don't hold up.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We have less than two goals per game. Barca, City/Liverpool, Psg, Dortmund have around 3 goals per game. Im only comparing to leaders of other leagues.
Please dont tell it’s more difficult to score in serie a bs.
Again - We average as much if not more shots per game than the teams you mentioned above.

Check the stats for yourself, so we can stop repeating us in here. Thanks.

Shots per game:

Juve : 18.8
City : 18.4
Barca : 16.3
Pool : 15.8
Real : 15.4

If anything, our conversion rate sucks.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah but hasn't this been a problem for the last few years under Allegri? I lose track these days but I think we've been hearing the same thing about us creating a lot of chances but can't put them away a while now. Whether our forwards are Morata, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain or Ronaldo it's the same thing.

I don't know, but maybe there's also a question about the quality of the chances we create? I mean, perhaps not all "shots on goal" are created equal
I'm maybe not remembering correctly, but it was a problem under Conte too, no?

That much is true too though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know what you guys mean. I've had that feeling particularly during important Champions League games sometimes I wonder if that means we actually have a finishing problem that other teams don't or if it just feels that way when a goal would mean so much for my time.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Yeah but hasn't this been a problem for the last few years under Allegri? I lose track these days but I think we've been hearing the same thing about us creating a lot of chances but can't put them away a while now. Whether our forwards are Morata, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain or Ronaldo it's the same thing.

I don't know, but maybe there's also a question about the quality of the chances we create? I mean, perhaps not all "shots on goal" are created equal
Yes I think it's the quality of the chances that are not as good as other top teams. Our player misses a lot because they were handed chances that were harder for them to finish due to our lack of attacking vision.

I literally just saw bale's 1st goal against antlers in the semifinal of wcc on tv. That is the kind of chance we simply don't create, when was the last time juve score a goal like that? I can't recall it, this team would simply cross the ball instead of playing intricate move and give the pass to bale, heck, in this team there's no player who would move like bale did. Ronaldo would too often hog the center of the penalty with zukic hoping for a cross, dybala would be lost somewhere while Costa, berna and cuad would just do the classic cross the ball winger play. The midfielders too would move to the byline and became faux winger instead of exploiting space in the middle, then we either cross the ball or back pass it to fullback, pjanic or the cb. That's what we see with this team way too often and predictable.

Why why why why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 105)