out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Very good result and performance. Around this time we used to play ugly ass football and struggle. We are good ahead of schedule so I have high hopes.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Allegri: ‘Football is a simple game’

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri insists football is “simple” and doesn’t spend hours watching videos.
The Coach was asked about his approach to his job, and revealed a more laid-back attitude than some of his colleagues.
“I’m not someone who spends 26 hours thinking about a game,” Allegri told GQ Italia.
“I always say there are trained Coaches and natural Coaches. I’m one of the natural ones.
“I don’t have to watch videos for hours and hours, I look at what I need to look at, and within a quarter of an hour I understand what I can understand.
“If I spend all day watching videos, by the end I won’t understand anything…
“Football is simple, lads. It’s pointless complicating it, it’s simple. On the pitch you have to do the opposite of what your opponent does.
“If your opponent moves toward you, you move back. If you move back, I’ll go forward. The end. People want to make it harder than it is.
“The psychological aspect is 80 per cent of a player’s performance. I delegate a lot to my staff now, in terms of athletic preparation, technique and so on.
“I come in for the main training session, working with every single player to understand when he’s got something more to give, when to ease off and what I’m going to ask from each one.
“At the end of the day these are young lads and each of them needs both a cuddle and some severity, but at different times and in different situations.
“There’s a time when you need to take someone to one side, and a time when you have to do these things in front of their teammates.
“And there’s also a time when you have to pull yourself back, when you have to give it up.”
Source: football-italia.net

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'Higuain too complacent'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri warned Gonzalo Higuain “mustn’t rest on his laurels” after ending his goal drought and Juventus can’t take Atalanta for granted.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

After dropping Higuain against Torino and Olympiakos, Allegri believes he has sent the right message.

“Higuain is an important player and always has been, even if he was on the bench the last couple of games. Every season is different to the next. It’s already in the past and you must immediately reboot to start all over again,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“There are players who prove that, those who remained from the first Scudetto. Gonzalo mustn’t rest on his laurels. He must have the grit and ambition to fight it out with all the best in the world and he has what it takes to do that. As he is an important player, it’s up to him to do it and not be complacent.

“Higuain is playing tomorrow. The other day he came on against Olympiakos with a different attitude, but that’s the attitude he must have throughout the season and in every match.

“In attack, I just need to evaluate Juan Cuadrado tomorrow, as he had a knock to the foot. It’s one between Cuadrado, Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi.

“I will make some changes tomorrow, as certain players need to rest. Giorgio Chiellini has a bandage on his head, but that won’t stop him playing. Unless something else happens, he will play.

“Fortunately, the break for international duty is coming up, so we can get Sami Khedira back. His knee inflammation has flared up again and he won’t be there tomorrow. Miralem Pjanic and Claudio Marchisio are out, we hope to have Benedikt Howedes after the break for international duty.

“Tomorrow we’ve got Rodrigo Bentancur and Blaise Matuidi, while we could also use Stefano Sturaro or Kwadwo Asamoah there. I am not worried, as the players are currently 'resting’ and will be fresh later on in the season.

“Bentancur has character to spare. He needs to improve in various areas that he will do with experience. Bernardeschi has improved both physically and tactically, he’ll soon be able to make the difference from the start and not just off the bench.

“Gigi Buffon plays tomorrow, though I am very happy with what Wojciech Szczesny is doing.”

Juve have a tricky trip to Bergamo tomorrow evening after Atalanta held Lyon to a 1-1 Europa League draw on Thursday night.

“It’s a very difficult match tomorrow, as Atalanta run hard, are going through a great period of form and it wasn’t easy for a side with no international experience to earn a draw away to Olympique Lyonnais.

“The games are never over in Bergamo, don’t forget last season we thought it was done and we conceded for 2-2. If we don’t win, then we’ll be in a bad mood throughout the break for international duty.

“We need to improve as a team, our overall standard of football, but we are at an early stage.”

Allegri was asked about the news Carlo Ancelotti was sacked by Bayern Munich this week.

“Carletto was fortunate, as in 30 years he’s been fired only once. He is one of the best Coaches in the world and won the Bundesliga, Cup and Super Cup at Bayern Munich. He was undeservedly eliminated from the Champions League by Real Madrid last season.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
why let that trashy asamoah play?

fucking play benatia and rugani in the middle and chiellini at LB if we are resting Sandro. Useless player asamoah is...he adds nothing of any worthwhile value to this club anymore if he ever did.

Was Bernadeschi was tired? why fucking take him off when he contributed to both goals and put on another useless player like cuadrado?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Rugani sucks thats why.... Dominated the game overall but unlucky in the end. Freekick was fabricated that led to their 1st goal and I havent seen anything wrong with Lichts challenge for our disallowed one. Atalanta is a strong adversary on their stadium. Not many can break them down. Moving on...

- - - Updated - - -

fucking play benatia and rugani in the middle and chiellini at LB if we are resting Sandro. Useless player asamoah is...he adds nothing of any worthwhile value to this club anymore if he ever did.

Was Bernadeschi was tired? why fucking take him off when he contributed to both goals and put on another useless player like cuadrado?
Mini turnover... seemed fine when we scored 2 goals in succession and on another day it would have stayed like this.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #31,935

Resting Sandro for what. All on Max on this one. Asa is USELESS.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

i guess we need to rest AS sometimes, and no, Chiellini shouldnt play LB. BUT, once we went 343 with the Barza-Licht sub, why take off Berna for Cuads, when we could have easily made a Cuads-Asa sub and played a 343 still

Barza-Benatia-Chiello
    Cuads-Bentancur-Matuidi-Berna
    Dybala-Higuain-Mandzo

or after the Berna-Cuads sub, why take off Mandzukic (whos 10x more useful than Asa on both ends of the pitch) then for Costa, when we could have done Costa-Asa and still played a 343 like this:

Barza-Benatia-Chiello
    Cuads-Bentancur-Matuidi-Costa
    Dybala-Higuain-Mandzo

OR

Barza-Benatia-Chiello
    Cuads-Bentancur-Marchisio-Matuidi
    Dybala-Higuain-Mandzo

point being, why the fuck is Asa playing the full 90 minutes in a game we were chasing the result for the last ~30 minutes?

also, games like this show how important Pjanic is for us, now that Bonucci is gone

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Resting Sandro for what. All on Max on this one. Asa is USELESS.
    I have no idea why Sandro was rested.

Max is seriously testing my loyalty this year. It's like he always is rotating the wrong players.

I'm going to stick to my argument that mario shouldn't be playing winger. With the occasional back post run, he is offering less and less offensively. We didn't need his defensive contribution today because Atalanta attacked down the right side with Gomez so our left side was completely limp/tootless because neither Mandzukic or Asamoah is capable of running forward with the ball.

The only things that seem to keep the Mandzukic at winger faithfull loyal is his defensive contribute (which I agree with ) and I guess his occasional goal? We need players to whip in crosses or for God sakes actually take defenders on one v one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 128)