out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The Asa/ Mandzu partnership sucks. No thread on the leftwing at all when AS is not playing.

Again no plan at all when we need to break down opponents. Puts on Cuad and Costa. Makes them play centrally, with Barza and Asa as full backs. No body knows were the others are going to run, so every player are taking at least two touches on the ball, slowing play down, making it hard to create space.0
Spot on.

IMO entirely on Max today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Yeah and people want a lot of changes after 1 questionable result against difficult adversary, a lot of dubious ref calls, lack of luck and seriously Atalantas 2nd goal was outstanding. You cant defend that.... we had our chances, he set the team up in a way for us to dominate game, create opportunities, but as already said games like these happen. :)
I agree, can't do much on the cross for the second once he has delivered the ball. But we shouldn't have allowed it to come in in the first place. We had the ball and gave it away cheaply, then allowed Gomez far too much time and space despite having 3 Juve players in that area to put in a superb cross.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We should have had at least 3 goals today. Alex Sandro was not necessary. We can't complain about muscle injuries and also complain about playing players every match.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Which blunder did he make tonight? Well we didnt have issues since he I guess locked that left side down... :p He didnt offer much upfront that I agree with.
Don't you think our defence is looking very vulnerable

- - - Updated - - -

We should have had at least 3 goals today. Alex Sandro was not necessary. We can't complain about muscle injuries and also complain about playing players every match.
We can't score three or four goals every match it is time we tightened up our defence

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree, can't do much on the cross for the second once he has delivered the ball. But we shouldn't have allowed it to come in in the first place. We had the ball and gave it away cheaply, then allowed Gomez far too much time and space despite having 3 Juve players in that area to put in a superb cross.
Our defense is a bit shaky this year and I dont think Bonucci leaving has much to do with it. He was prone to making a lot of errors due to his lapses in concentration. We needed to adress this better during the summer. But maybe we didnt think it was that important having in mind Caldara's arrival next season. My impression so far is that we dont look as composed and organized at the back but we had that issue in the last few seasons as well in our opening games.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'VAR only objective issues'
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri admits Juventus were afraid of losing their 2-2 draw with Atalanta, but thinks VAR “should only be used on objective situations.”

The Bianconeri had been 2-0 up in Bergamo after 25 minutes through Federico Bernardeschi and Gonzalo Higuain, but Mattia Caldara and Bryan Cristante completed the comeback.

“It was a good performance in terms of technical passing and intensity, it seemed comfortable, then we conceded that goal on a free kick to shake things up,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

“In the end, it actually went well for us, because we got irritable and risked losing it on the counter. It’s disappointing because we conceded two goals.

“We should’ve been better prepared on the free kick for the rebound, while on the second goal we gave the ball away too much and it was a fine header from Cristante. I was worried at the end, as we could’ve lost it on an incident and every point will be precious come the end of the season.”

This was Bernardeschi’s first start for Juve and he crowned it with a goal and an assist.

“Federico had a good game, he hadn’t played for a while. In a big team, you need to work in defence too, but I am very happy with his performance.”

The game was dominated by VAR – video assistant referees – as Mario Mandzukic saw his goal disallowed because of a Stephan Lichtsteiner elbow on Papu Gomez, then in the final minutes Juve received a contentious penalty, which Etrit Berisha saved from Paulo Dybala.

“If we want football to be a sport that is no longer a sport, then use VAR on every incident. However, if we get to March where every point becomes decisive, then games can last three or four hours,” moaned Allegri.

“In my view, technology should only be used on objective situations – offside, in or out of the box, over the line or not – but when it comes to subjective situations, people are never going to agree. That’s sport.

“The referee can give a penalty or not, that’s his decision. Otherwise when we get to more complicated games, we’ll end up like American Football where there are constant stoppages and we sit there eating nuts until the match ends at midnight. It’s the same in basketball. :lol:

“I am not saying this is a penalty and that isn’t. That’s not the point. I simply believe it should be used for objective and not subjective decisions.”

- - - Updated - - -

When you have players getting injured in warmup then yeah, I think its same to say its OK to complain about muscle injuries because I don't think playing everyday, for example, was why Pjanic got injured.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Max really doesn't have a clue on how to organize an attack. Any manager who knows his stuff about the attacking part of football could have seen that Mandzukic and Asamoah means absolutely zero threat on the left side. He just sits there and lets the players figure it out for themselves.

Also, we should always play a 3 man midfield against every team that doesn't park the bus.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When you have players getting injured in warmup then yeah, I think its same to say its OK to complain about muscle injuries because I don't think playing everyday, for example, was why Pjanic got injured.
Why though? He was playing all the time because of other injuries. Injuryception.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Max really doesn't have a clue on how to organize an attack. Any manager who knows his stuff about the attacking part of football could have seen that Mandzukic and Asamoah means absolutely zero threat on the left side. He just sits there and lets the players figure it out for themselves.

Also, we should always play a 3 man midfield against every team that doesn't park the bus.
How many backup fullbacks will supply much offensively? And Mandzukic scored at the back post for the 100th time but it didn't count. Do you think Allegri has that part of his attacking plan or is it just Mandzukic that is always in that spot? Either way does it matter?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why though? He was playing all the time because of other injuries. Injuryception.
How do you get injured during warmup, though...I mean, an injury that keeps you out for an entire month?

- - - Updated - - -

How many backup fullbacks will supply much offensively? And Mandzukic scored at the back post for the 100th time but it didn't count. Do you think Allegri has that part of his attacking plan or is it just Mandzukic that is always in that spot? Either way does it matter?
But Asa doesn't even try.

As far as the last portion of your post...that's one of the 2 benefits of Mandzukic...his defensive contribution which we didn't need today on that side and his back post runs...other than that, we had zero ability on the left to actually beat a defender. Atalanta had little to think about all game until that disallowed goal.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
You can't even question Alex Sandro's benching with hindsight. Obviously he was rested because something is barking at him or he looked slow in training or whatever. But if I told you before the match we would rest him and all we need is Dybala to convert a penalty, everyone would take that option. If there's even a 5% chance that you overwork Alex Sandro and are left with ASAMOAH for 1-2 months, you cannot take that risk.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You can't even question Alex Sandro's benching with hindsight. Obviously he was rested because something is barking at him or he looked slow in training or whatever. But if I told you before the match we would rest him and all we need is Dybala to convert a penalty, everyone would take that option. If there's even a 5% chance that you overwork Alex Sandro and are left with ASAMOAH for 1-2 months, you cannot take that risk.
We have a 2 week international break where Sandro obviously isn't going to start for Brazil. He NOW HAS 3 weeks to rest.

So, yeah...in this case, with Atalanta one of the trickiest teams to play against home or away I'd have definitely played him ESPECIALLY since we were away and knowing Mario isn't a creative player.

If playing Asa a so called "safe option" was the intention then Max should have played with a player more creative than Mario.

Put simply, Asa & Mario was a poor poor pairing for a tricky match. This wasn't Chievo or SPAL. Atalanta is a genuinely good team.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I have no problem with Sandro being benched. I do have a problem with playing Asamoah and Mandzukic on the same side against a strong team. That made us even more predictable than we usually are going forward.

Costa should have started today.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Rugani sucks thats why.... Dominated the game overall but unlucky in the end. Freekick was fabricated that led to their 1st goal and I havent seen anything wrong with Lichts challenge for our disallowed one. Atalanta is a strong adversary on their stadium. Not many can break them down. Moving on...

- - - Updated - - -

Mini turnover... seemed fine when we scored 2 goals in succession and on another day it would have stayed like this.
:howler: If Rugani sucks, then the likes of Benatia and Sturaro should stop playing football altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 164)