out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
yes i think most people forget that this is a hobby, not a need of life. and hobby needs to be entertaining.

saying only winnings or trophies matter is not true for fans, we need to enjoy the product

no one watches bad movies and say ohhh well only winning oscars or awards matters so i will watch this bad movie. no one plays bad videogames and says ohhh it won a award thats only what matters.

juventus entertainment product is no different. i am not entertained. i will not watch
Typical hipster millennial casual filth. Joining the masses of uneducated around the world who have the gall to expect some standard of entertainment or joy from a product they spend so much money on and invest time in.

If only you were a big brain football historian and learned that it's better to finish 3rd with a squad that boosts the value of Rugani instead of a squad that finishes 3rd by actually scoring goals and boosting the value of attackers, increasing gate revenues and sponsors so you can actually make profit and build a proper team.

No it's Starbucks drinking anti-intellectuals that are the short sighted ones. I can't wait to hire Capello and actually have a team worth watching

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
For some maybe, following/supporting a team isn't a hobby for a lot of people. For some fans it's like life and death.

That's it for me 100%. Can't remember any of my fav teams after a loss thinking that was so entertaining. Yes love for Juve to be an entertaining offensive first squad but not presently in the cards. Surmising any Juve fans here who prioritize first for entertainment must be also big wrestling fans.
you guys are in the minority clinging on to the good ol' days. clearly majority of juve fans have given up after seeing whats happened with this team over the past 4 seasons. see how dead the forum is now and the empty seats in stadium

it's unrealistic to expect fans to dedicate time and money to watch and support your product but then turn around and offer a bad experience. even more true now with the rising inflation and greed of juventus club.

no other company can offer you a bad product and you would tolerate it for 4 years because of the good ol' days. would you put up with bad internet or bad fast food from a company for 4 years? nah

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Typical hipster millennial casual filth. Joining the masses of uneducated around the world who have the gall to expect some standard of entertainment or joy from a product they spend so much money on and invest time in.

If only you were a big brain football historian and learned that it's better to finish 3rd with a squad that boosts the value of Rugani instead of a squad that finishes 3rd by actually scoring goals and boosting the value of attackers, increasing gate revenues and sponsors so you can actually make profit and build a proper team.

No it's Starbucks drinking anti-intellectuals that are the short sighted ones. I can't wait to hire Italiano and actually have a team worth watching
Fixed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not a hobby for me at all, Juve is for life. Speaking from experience as someone who's had/has different hobbies over the years.

I mean, if I'm feeling shit with the team I can choose not to watch the game or watch a half or whatever, I'm not obsessed like some people are, but I don't only watch to be entertained. That to me isn't what supporting a team is about, it just makes it more enjoyable. Others can have a different view.

It's not like Juve were always the most attractive team to watch, but it always had grinta and usually had quality, so it usually won.

I think it's also different if it's your local team, which for most of us (all of us?) here it isn't. When it's your local team there is the addition of local/civic pride and that gang mentality you can't replicate with what is really a 'national' team like Juve, especially not to an international audience.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
you guys are in the minority clinging on to the good ol' days. clearly majority of juve fans have given up after seeing whats happened with this team over the past 4 seasons. see how dead the forum is now and the empty seats in stadium

it's unrealistic to expect fans to dedicate time and money to watch and support your product but then turn around and offer a bad experience. even more true now with the rising inflation and greed of juventus club.

no other company can offer you a bad product and you would tolerate it for 4 years because of the good ol' days. would you put up with bad internet or bad fast food from a company for 4 years? nah
But that is just the very nature of sports fandom, no? The Chicago Cubs went on a 108 year World Series drought and still had a rabid fanbase and are the 4th most valuable franchise in Major League Baseball. The Toronto Maple Leafs haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 56 years and are the 2nd most valuable franchise in the NHL, still sell out pretty much every game. 99.3% attendance to their games. The Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, and Buffalo Bills have all never won a Super Bowl since it started in 1966. The Lions are 5th in attendance % and the Browns are 9th. The New York Knicks are the second most valuable NBA team and haven’t won a title in 50 years. Man United has been complete ass for a decade now, not once coming close to a major trophy, and they are still the 2nd most valuable team in futbol.

Sports fandom is irrational and insane. And aside from attracting new fans from around the world, attendance and valuations don’t often match performance/results/entertainment.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But that is just the very nature of sports fandom, no? The Chicago Cubs went on a 108 year World Series drought and still had a rabid fanbase and are the 4th most valuable franchise in Major League Baseball. The Toronto Maple Leafs haven’t won the Stanley Cup in 56 years and are the 2nd most valuable franchise in the NHL, still sell out pretty much every game. 99.3% attendance to their games. The Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, and Buffalo Bills have all never won a Super Bowl since it started in 1966. The Lions are 5th in attendance % and the Browns are 9th. The New York Knicks are the second most valuable NBA team and haven’t won a title in 50 years. Man United has been complete ass for a decade now, not once coming close to a major trophy, and they are still the 2nd most valuable team in futbol.

Sports fandom is irrational and insane. And aside from attracting new fans from around the world, attendance and valuations don’t often match performance/results/entertainment.
i can't speak for those teams cuz i don't watch, but isn't that supporting my point about offering a entertaining product?

they have a rabid fan base despite not winning, so are they not offering a entertaining product?

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

No it's Starbucks drinking anti-intellectuals that are the short sighted ones. I can't wait to hire Capello and actually have a team worth watching
BTW, I would rather stick with Allegri than get that loser Capello who not only ratted out on us in 2006 but also failed miserably [in Europe] with one of the best squads we ever had.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

The only difference my friend is those guys will make money regardless if they win or not. Hence why unibrow pushed so hard and recklessly for SL. Doing good in CL and generating good marketing stories is vital for jj. Every year the gap widens and it makes winning that much more difficult. It's a vicious circle.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
The New York Knicks are the second most valuable NBA team and haven’t won a title in 50 years
Big fan when they won those two back then and so sad (more so my son) Ewing didn't get one for them during his tenure. Though many memorable Knick game moments especially at MS Garden my son and I enjoyed! This LJ one near the top though Reggie Miller dagger us too often.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i can't speak for those teams cuz i don't watch, but isn't that supporting my point about offering a entertaining product?

they have a rabid fan base despite not winning, so are they not offering a entertaining product?
Not really in terms of entertaining. But what @JuveJay said about local fanbases rings true here. Cleveland Browns played awful putrid football for decades. The Maple Leafs played awful uncompetitive hockey for years and years. Etc. I wouldn’t call what ManU played under Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho entertaining.

International fanbase doesn’t expand, but it does nothing to reduce popularity amongst the diehard, lifelong fans.

- - - Updated - - -

The only difference my friend is those guys will make money regardless if they win or not. Hence why unibrow pushed so hard and recklessly for SL. Doing good in CL and generating good marketing stories is vital for jj. Every year the gap widens and it makes winning that much more difficult. It's a vicious circle.
Yeah. The sports are very different in that regard. And as far as entertainment value of the on-field/pitch/ice goes, the difference is big too. Only NHL really has a similar thing going on there in terms of coaching style dramatically effecting how entertaining a team is to watch. Baseball and basketball are more so about player quality almost exclusively. And even American football is very dependent on the quarterback as to how “entertaining” a team is to watch in current pass-happy league.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Italiano is yesterday. Allow me to introduce you to Dinizismo and the concept of relationism
that's quite an interesting concept indeed, you'd need to educate tuz on that. i wonder how come the new coach thread didn't explode when diniz made some waves this summer

i mean what kind of sorcery is this

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
that's quite an interesting concept indeed, you'd need to educate tuz on that. i wonder how come the new coach thread didn't explode when diniz made some waves this summer

i mean what kind of sorcery is this
I often wondered what would happen if a team just put like 5 players in a small area to monopolize the ball completely and dare the opponent to sacrifice their shape.

Ironically I think it has a high chance to fail against someone like Allegri who would let them pass in circles for 90 minutes with a grin on his face

Although alot of Diniz's non troll principles are pretty solid like the ladders. Then again is that really inventing something new

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I often wondered what would happen if a team just put like 5 players in a small area to monopolize the ball completely and dare the opponent to sacrifice their shape.

Ironically I think it has a high chance to fail against someone like Allegri who would let them pass in circles for 90 minutes with a grin on his face

Although alot of Diniz's non troll principles are pretty solid like the ladders. Then again is that really inventing something new
How about if someone sat on the ground with the ball between his thighs and scooted all the way into the opponent's goal?

- - - Updated - - -

Or carry the ball under your shirt and run

magician

Oct 22, 2022

No, Allegri would fail against that if he doesn't have top 10 defensive players of all time, but that would also depend on if the opponent employs that tactics have good ball control, passing and off the ball movements.

However my take away from such a thing is how come football is so rigid and stale these days, why such tactics are not tried by more teams, why set pieces are so boring today etc.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
R-C.gif

this gif never gets old :donedeal: the red team is coached by Allegri

How about if someone sat on the ground with the ball between his thighs and scooted all the way into the opponent's goal?
d1a20cf431adcbef1ef9b488a0af2edda2cc9f6b.gif

b8014a90f603738d038976eebe1bb051f919ec3f.gif

You are talking about american football but let's do it in the football way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 599)