out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Your post doesnt make sense, full of failed logic.

But one thing you are correct on, I was not a part of the gang of you who were BITCHING about missing clean sheets, as if optimizing for a clean sheet will be the best way to optimize for a victory (=scoring more goals than the opponent, being 1-0 or 2-1). I dont buy that, logically it doesnt make sense to optimize for 1 target, in order to reach a 2nd target. Its a nice by-product or symptom. But not going deeper into that, as either you think logically and can see it, or else you dont.

But now we had 3 clean sheets, so I can ask you then: How likely are we now to beat Inter, Real, City, PSG, Liverpool, United, Barca, in a knockout game if we were to play now?
Clean sheets was what you wanted to see, those were your goals. Now you got 3 of them. On the contrary, what I am saying back then and also now, is that Im NOT confident we are any ready yet, even if we managed to scrape past Doria, Spezia, Toro, Roma and Chelsea. To me, I was sitting on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes. To you, those were clear victories and even penalties we were expected to save - lol, come one dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice try at changing the plot. However extremely dumb and unfair. But its your best bet in this case.
If we can pick and choose like that, then Id take the guaranteed victory over a clean sheet, and you can fap till you pass out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Its always nice when you and stitch can swoop in and call other people bitches, and tell them to relax, for posting and raising questions on a forum. One might say that it is people like you that should take your hypertension medicine and calm a bit down. Either you have some answers, or you can choose to ignore question you might find meaningless.

This was the post that triggered Postironic and Stitch to the point that they started to refer to name calling and derail the thread completely:

"
Very important points that we have somehow managed to accumulate, in what have been the tightest streak of games in a long time. The points are great, but the play has been absolutely sterile and is not giving us any guarantees for any future success (We could as well have lost or drawn the last 5 games, unless there are some tactical 3D chess going on here that I dont understand).
These 5 games have given us a new lifeline, and now we need to start converting it and improve our overall game, before we are knocked out by a Ajax, Porto, Lyon or Zenit.

"

Maybe calm down a bit?
you wrote all that and I bet no one even read it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It is similar to the tone Jose mourinho had in his post match conference
Mourinho: "We deserved the win more than Juventus but we lost.All the words we heard from Juventus in the tunnel and the locker room, I hope they say it in public too. They know how much they struggled against us.
I won here many years ago without playing so well, today we lost when playing very well and showing we are going in the right direction.”

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

But one thing you are correct on, I was not a part of the gang of you who were BITCHING about missing clean sheets, as if optimizing for a clean sheet will be the best way to optimize for a victory (=scoring more goals than the opponent, being 1-0 or 2-1). I dont buy that, logically it doesnt make sense to optimize for 1 target, in order to reach a 2nd target. Its a nice by-product or symptom. But not going deeper into that, as either you think logically and can see it, or else you dont.

But now we had 3 clean sheets, so I can ask you then: How likely are we now to beat Inter, Real, City, PSG, Liverpool, United, Barca, in a knockout game if we were to play now?
Clean sheets was what you wanted to see, those were your goals. Now you got 3 of them. On the contrary, what I am saying back then and also now, is that Im NOT confident we are any ready yet, even if we managed to scrape past Doria, Spezia, Toro, Roma and Chelsea. To me, I was sitting on the edge of my seat for 90 minutes. To you, those were clear victories and even penalties we were expected to save - lol, come one dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice try at changing the plot. However extremely dumb and unfair. But its your best bet in this case.
If we can pick and choose like that, then Id take the guaranteed victory over a clean sheet, and you can fap till you pass out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Its always nice when you and stitch can swoop in and call other people bitches, and tell them to relax, for posting and raising questions on a forum. One might say that it is people like you that should take your hypertension medicine and calm a bit down. Either you have some answers, or you can choose to ignore question you might find meaningless.

This was the post that triggered Postironic and Stitch to the point that they started to refer to name calling and derail the thread completely:

"
Very important points that we have somehow managed to accumulate, in what have been the tightest streak of games in a long time. The points are great, but the play has been absolutely sterile and is not giving us any guarantees for any future success (We could as well have lost or drawn the last 5 games, unless there are some tactical 3D chess going on here that I dont understand).
These 5 games have given us a new lifeline, and now we need to start converting it and improve our overall game, before we are knocked out by a Ajax, Porto, Lyon or Zenit.

"

Maybe calm down a bit?
there is no such thing as a guaranteed victory.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I think you underestimate the trolls in here and how desperate they are, especially people like Dai, Zizinho, Znoric. A small post of mine, saying that scraping insecure wins is not gonna make me believe in winning any titles yet, could generate 2 pages of full self-destruction and circle jerking.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Oh, so I see that you now changed your plot again
no dude. i simply didn't bother commenting on your special interpretation the other day. clean sheets were always a sign of a well functioning defense, and with juve, you could expect that regularly. 19-20 league games without a clean sheet is a huge, huge red flag and should not be accepted by anyone here. remember when we turned our season around in '15/16 and managed to go like 20-something games unbeaten, and buffon also beat the record for most minutes without conceding a goal during that run? good defense and clean sheets, the two go hand in hand. simple as that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"

"

Maybe calm down a bit?
:rofl:

I didn’t call you a bitch. I said stop bitching and whining. Instead you have doubled down on this and written some rather epic posts filled with bitching and whining.

Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. There are different ways to limit the time your opponent spends in those dangerous areas of the pitch though. You don't necessarily need to have a deep defensive line. It's a matter of taste on how you want to achieve that but no team that affords the opponent plenty of time and space in and just around their box is going to be very successful long-term.
He doesn’t watch our matches. It’s kind of clear when he says we play 9-10 men in our own box all match and are getting dominated by everyone. Lol

Jul 3, 2020
It's not tactical 3D chess, it's simple football. When you're able to limit the space that your opponent has in dangerous areas of the pitch i.e. inside the box and just around it you decrease the chances of conceding goals. We've conceded very few good goalscoring chances in the last few because we've managed to do just that. In the end the games are decided in the penalty box at either end of the pitch.
Italian style football eludes those with diamonds in their eyes. Winning matters more than anything.
Being popular is severely overrated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 34, Guests: 354)